Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's currently driving you mad game wise.....

Options
  • 11-11-2009 3:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭

For me it's COD4. I'm 2 achievements away from completing the full game and I just can't seem to get past one part, "No fighting in the war room". And for some reason none of the check points on the level seem to be activating for me so every time I die, back to the start. Uber frustrating.

Mostly because I promised I would try to/complete the games I've already bought (where possible, don't see that happening with GOW, 10k kills my arse!)and not make the same mistake that I've made with prievious consoles.

/rant

What about you? Any game really annoying you right now?
    :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

mass effect.

Crappy autosave coupled with the mako's god awful controls make any surface drive a nightmare, it pretty much comes down to me spending 40 or so minutes searching one surface and getting killed and having to reload all the way back to start. So I turn it off, throw a fit and then dont touch the game for a month.

Come back, get past that surface and same happens with the next planet.

rinse and repeat.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Demons Souls, but then again it's supposed to be crazy hard and I wouldn't have it any other way. Also Pokemon is getting surprisingly difficult.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭consultech

For me it's gotta be the ban hammer.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

What?! I've been completing pokemon games since I was 7 or so. Although I will admit the newer ones are slightly harder to finish. It's currently annoying me that everyone is playing MW2 and I'm still debating whether to get it. If I get it I have no money left but hours of gaming and if I don't then I have money but no game. Dilemma!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

What?! I've been completing pokemon games since I was 7 or so. Although I will admit the newer ones are slightly harder to finish. It's currently annoying me that everyone is playing MW2 and I'm still debating whether to get it. If I get it I have no money left but hours of gaming and if I don't then I have money but no game. Dilemma!
    Get it, unless 45e is going to change the next month of your life.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

It won't. I think I'll go get it today, but I would like a gold sub aswell as multiplayer is necessary. Maybe I'll get a lend off someone

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Not getting enough sleep because of Dragon Age. Started playing it at 9pm last night, all a sudden it's 1.30am and now I'm wrecked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

The fact that more people will **** all over MW2 than Bad Company 2, even tho it will **** all over MW2 in almsot every respect.

That, and im one achievement away from 100%'ing Halo 3 :D

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭mcgooch

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    mass effect.

Crappy autosave coupled with the mako's god awful controls make any surface drive a nightmare, it pretty much comes down to me spending 40 or so minutes searching one surface and getting killed and having to reload all the way back to start. So I turn it off, throw a fit and then dont touch the game for a month.

Come back, get past that surface and same happens with the next planet.

rinse and repeat.

I've given up on Mass Effect for the exact same reasons. Pity, because it's a decent enough game bar the massive frustration caused by the above.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Rev. Kitchen

Gimps that have really bad taste in music but still insist on playing in over the live/PSN ear piece.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

The goddamn 3 knife kills in a row just won't unlock for me on MW1. Annoying!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Still Trials HD.Oh them extreme tracks are sending on a wibblywobblywonder spiral :mad:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,010 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

What?! I've been completing pokemon games since I was 7 or so. Although I will admit the newer ones are slightly harder to finish!

It's my first time trying to finish one so starting from the start and I'm trying to level up al my pokemon equally instead of concentrating on one team which is probably stupid :)

• Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭jimbob_jones

For me at the moment its Ninja Gaiden 2 one mistake and you will be seeing the game over screen quicker than something that is very quick indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's my first time trying to finish one so starting from the start and I'm trying to level up al my pokemon equally instead of concentrating on one team which is probably stupid :)

Don't bother leveling up magikarp, its the most useless Pokemon ever and will be of absolutely no benefit to you. Ever...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Don't bother leveling up magikarp, its the most useless Pokemon ever and will be of absolutely no benefit to you. Ever...

But doesnt it evolve into that badass
    blue thing. Cant remember its name,
    just remember it being quite good in a fight

I'm one level away from evolving Magikarp and it does level up into a kick ass pokemon Gyarados, well I hope it's kick ass. Thank god for the day care centre though, otherwise I would have been driven mad levelling the useless ****er up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭0ubliette

Oh, unlocking all the vidmaster achievements in Halo 3 & ODST (endure, deja vu, annual, etc) and waiting patiently for recon armour to unlock, only to get an error message, and no recon armour, was a complete kick in the ****in teeth.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Moved to the games forums.

In Hitman:Codename 47, the mission where you've to go to the restaurant and help the woman escape, find the safe, find the FBI agent and execute someone. Tried it a few times now and it's irritating the crap out of me. Think it's the 4th/5th mission in. Decent game tbh, looking forward to getting to the later games in the series.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭A Doozer

0ubliette wrote: »
    The fact that more people will **** all over MW2 than Bad Company 2, even tho it will **** all over MW2 in almsot every respect.

That, and im one achievement away from 100%'ing Halo 3 :D

Cool. With all the dlc how many points is it to complete halo 3 now? Left it at 750ish before all the new maps came out.

Skulls for easy points!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

Kinetic^ wrote: »
    Moved to the games forums.

In Hitman:Codename 47, the mission where you've to go to the restaurant and help the woman escape, find the safe, find the FBI agent and execute someone. Tried it a few times now and it's irritating the crap out of me. Think it's the 4th/5th mission in. Decent game tbh, looking forward to getting to the later games in the series.

I rem that mission drove me crazy tryin to get
    it done quietly . . .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭James Howlett

But doesnt it evolve into that badass
    blue thing. Cant remember its name,
    just remember it being quite good in a fight

Yeah... thats why what I said was funny... :(
    I remember having a Drowzie, useless ****e until it became a Hypno and mopped the floor with the competition.

Thats my second chronic missing the sarcasm moment in as many days.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭ProjectColossus

Uh, mine's a bit stupid, but my absolutely massive backlog of games to play is driving me mad atm. I expect no sympathy.

Retr0gamer wrote: »

Not stupid, just takes too much time. You probably know this but get 1 of each type of pokemon (eg grass, water, rock) and focus on getting them to level 80 or so. Arm yourself with all sorts of potions and the elite 4 will be a piece of piss. Definitely get a high level Gyarados, they're a weapon of mass destruction. You'll get one when Magikarp gets to level 20. (Ps, sorry for dragging this OT)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

'Risen' having not saved before being captured by the Inquisiton :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

statistics in online games.

makes everyone feel like they are on catnip and HAVE TO GET MORE STATS. they should be hidden in games so ppl arent as big a jerks as possible. online games have enough jerks already without brining in statistics to make ppl even bigger assholes

• Registered Users Posts: 920 ✭✭✭Menengroth™

waiting in B for the terrorists

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

Weapon drop hoarders in Borderlands. Can't play in public games any more because of it, people will pick up anything purple, even if it's a class mod that isn't for them and never drop it, just hold onto it then sell it at the nearest vending machine.

Having to press "X" every time someone in a cutscene in Valkyria Chronicles finishes a sentence... just play the freaking conversation already!!! I swear they only put that requirement in to make sure I didn't fall asleep during them, which has nearly happened on occasion: "Oh how interesting, he's going to segue right from a conversation about his uniform lapels straight into a conversation on the local fauna and foliage"

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

+1 on NG2. Time enough for me to get back into it tho, a break usually works wonders.

BS:Pacific is driving me round the bend on one of the missions as well but I'm pretty sure thats just me being **** at torpedo drops :/

Advertisement