Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Formula one car on ebay

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,305 ✭✭✭DOC09UNAM

the mclaren that lewis hamilton won the F1 championship with is slower than a mitsubishi lancer evo 10.

Buuuuuuuuuut, the traction, acceleration, and just insane-ness of it would be worth it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Strange that the domain address that he's using for his email isn't his. It's owned by Eins Und Eins (German ISP)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,445 ✭✭✭Absurdum

DOC09UNAM wrote: »
    the mclaren that lewis hamilton won the F1 championship with is slower than a mitsubishi lancer evo 10.

wait....what?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,479 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

smooch71 wrote: »
    Not even that.

They're only 2.4l now.

d'oh... of course

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭smooch71

Buuuuuuuuuut, the traction, acceleration, and just insane-ness of it would be worth it.

Don't really know much about cars, do you?

• Advertisement

Don't really know much about cars, do you?

nooooooooo obviously not.

let me guess, your argument is going to be that the evo 8 is the one on the road at the moment.

so before you reply, i'm just gonna say, you obviously haven't a clue.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,059 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

let me guess, your argument is going to be that the evo 8 is the one on the road at the moment.

If you are going to post bullish claims abot the Evo then please give us the courtesy of providing some kind of source.

Don't honestly know what "Evo" they're on at the moment.

Just know that none of them are faster than a Formula 1 car.

One would also wonder why the various F1 teams spend fortunes on wind tunnels and aerodynamic refinments when all they need is something the size of a saloon car!

kbannon wrote: »
    One would also wonder why the various F1 teams spend fortunes on wind tunnels and aerodynamic refinments when all they need is something the size of a saloon car!

True.

They could even carry the pitcrew around with them. I'm shocked nobody's thought of that yet.

• Advertisement

I've been to car shows, where a mitsubishi lancer 10(X), and driven by ken block.
    top speed at the time was 231mph.

the F1 car lewis won with went 220mph.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,839 ✭✭✭Hobart

I've been to car shows, where a mitsubishi lancer 10(X), and driven by ken block.

And can corner at 160MPH, so can the EVO, but only on it's roof.

Hobart wrote: »
    And can corner at 160MPH, so can the EVO, but only on it's roof.

i already said that tbh.

Wow, that's really fast!!

Turns out you were right all along, road going cars are faster than F1 cars.

Right, no more Grand Prixs for me. Think I'll go to car shows instead.

How old are you?

There was an MP4-24 at the toys4bigboys show. It wasn't moving so in theory a Maclaren pram could be faster than a Mcalren F1! :rolleyes:

I was at the Toys For Big Boys too... it was pretty amazing... better than last year but not as good as the year before.

Yeah i was deffo faster than that mclaren.

Wow, that's really fast!!

Turns out you were right all along, road going cars are faster than F1 cars.

Right, no more Grand Prixs for me. Think I'll go to car shows instead.

How old are you?

Yeah i forgot road cars don't go faster than F1 cars.

I forgot the gumpert and bugatti beyron don't exist, oh, and neither does the SSC ultimate Aero.

i humbly apologise, because you perceive yourself to be older than me, you must be smarter than me, age is everything in fact!

I was at the Toys For Big Boys too... it was pretty amazing... better than last year but not as good as the year before.

Yeah i was deffo faster than that mclaren.

YOU were deffo faster than the McLaren?

So you were in the Maclaren buggy.

It's all starting to make sense now.

Don't think I can take much more of this.....

...can you please show us proof that the MP4-23 is slower than an Evo and I presume the show that you saw was indoors so maybe use realistic evidence?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,663 ✭✭✭stealthyspeeder

train-wreck.jpg

• Advertisement

kbannon wrote: »
    ...can you please show us proof that the MP4-23 is slower than an Evo and I presume the show that you saw was indoors so maybe use realistic evidence?

I'm not asking you to believe me, i honestly don't care, if you'd like to look it up for yourself, i don't mind, but im not wasting my time because someone is being cynical, just ignore it.

Yeah i forgot road cars don't go faster than F1 cars.

I forgot the gumpert and bugatti beyron don't exist, oh, and neither does the SSC ultimate Aero.

i humbly apologise, because you perceive yourself to be older than me, you must be smarter than me, age is everything in fact!

Facts are everything in fact.

To say something is "faster" is a a sweeping statement.

A harrier jet may be "faster" than a Toyota Corolla, but the Corolla could lap Silverstone quicker.

So you see, an Evo x might be able to reach 230+ mph, by the time it got to that speed, the F1 car would have disappeared around the first corner.

Need to keeps things relevant when making comparisons like that.

I'm not asking you to believe me, i honestly don't care, if you'd like to look it up for yourself, i don't mind, but im not wasting my time because someone is being cynical, just ignore it.
    No. You hijacked this thread with a claim that the MP4-23 is slower than an Evo.
    You eventually clarified that this was at a show (presumably indoors) where presumably the Mclaren was restricted by space.
    Telling me to go off and find a source for you claim because it would be wasting your time just reassures my view of it all!

Facts are everything in fact.

To say something is "faster" is a a sweeping statement.

A harrier jet may be "faster" than a Toyota Corolla, but the Corolla could lap Silverstone quicker.

So you see, an Evo x might be able to reach 230+ mph, by the time it got to that speed, the F1 car would have disappeared around the first corner.

Need to keeps things relevant when making comparisons like that.

Pretty sure the first post i made stated that i've seen a faster lancer, but the handling, acceleration pure insaneness of the F1 car would be better??

Wasn't putting them in the same league performance wise, i'm just saying, they can do the same speeds.

Hey!

I see there's an F1 car for sale on ebay. Anyone else see that?

Anybody want to jump in before the thread's locked?

Pretty sure the first post i made stated that i've seen a faster lancer, but the handling, acceleration pure insaneness of the F1 car would be better??

Wasn't putting them in the same league performance wise, i'm just saying, they can do the same speeds.
    erm you said...

you said that the F1 is slower!

Hey!

I see there's an F1 car for sale on ebay. Anyone else see that?

Anybody want to jump in before the thread's lock?

Yeaaaaaaah, apparently michael schumacher used to drive it, maybe even won a world championship in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

In a straight race over any track that allows an Evo to hit 230+MPH, an F1 car could be set up (just like the EVO is) to exceed 240mph (aero changes, gear ratio changes) and still have more mechanical grip than the EVO.

The only place I can think the EVO would conceivably be faster than any F1 car is an off road rally track.

• Registered Users Posts: 306 ✭✭busman

Not even that.

They're only 2.4l now.

Bah! I remember back in the day when Renault introduced the RS01 that could get >500bhp from only 1.5L
    Changed F1 in a flash!
    The pinnacle was probably the BMW M12 engine that could get >1000bhp out of a 1.5L 4 cylinder engine! (Not for very long though!)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BMW_M12

F1 went download when they banded turbos in '89
    Up to then is was all about the power baby ;-)

• Advertisement

R.O.R wrote: »
    In a straight race over any track that allows an Evo to hit 230+MPH, an F1 car could be set up (just like the EVO is) to exceed 240mph (aero changes, gear ratio changes) and still have more mechanical grip than the EVO.

The only place I can think the EVO would conceivably be faster than any F1 car is an off road rally track.

Fair enough! They are quite awesome cars though.

Advertisement