Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Four Nations Final

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Fox does a Folau and scores a brilliant try.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,698 ✭✭✭Risteard

Just flicked over to this. Rarely watch league so have a question.

When does the tackle count get reset? Say if a team kicks the ball on the 5th tackle, and they recover it, does it not get reset to 0?

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭WakeyTyke

Some questionable (non-)decisions by these officials, missing a lot of high shots and offsides

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Risteard wrote: »
    Just flicked over to this. Rarely watch league so have a question.

When does the tackle count get reset? Say if a team kicks the ball on the 5th tackle, and they recover it, does it not get reset to 0?

No unless it touches off a opposistion player or if they team gets a 40/20 where they kick the ball from inside their 40 meter line and get it into touch (can't be out on the full either) inside the opposistions 20 meter.

If there is a spill and the ref is unsure what has happened they sometimes reset the tackle count if those who where in possession regather the spill.

Stev_o wrote: »
    No unless it touches off a opposistion player or if they team gets a 40/20 where they kick the ball from inside their 40 meter line and get it into touch (can't be out on the full either) inside the opposistions 20 meter.

If there is a spill and the ref is unsure what has happened they sometimes reset the tackle count if those who where in possession regather the spill.

So if a team's on 5 tackles and they kick it from inside their 40 and it bounces into touch inside the opposition's 20, they get the ball back?

• Advertisement

They get to feed the consequent scrum - which means they get posession back.

Thank you. My knowledge of League is now increased a small bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

What a first half! Quality maybe not the absolute best, but high enough and bloody exciting.
    Laptop is borked so I'm on and offline. First disallowed aussie try was a 50-50 for including the benefit of the doubt, thought the second shouldn't have been allowed.

This is probably the only sport I can cheer for England comfortably, and also not have to worry about the da goin mad. :pac:

Just can't shake this feeling that Australia still have something in reserve.

Two things annoyed me there, should've been a yellow card for slapping someone while 4 people were holding him. Also when the **** is offside going to be called against teams on their own tryline.

How's that not interference!?

It is a long time since I have seen such an even-contest between England and Australia.

England do seem to be gaining in confidence as the game goes on - it appears that they are begining to believe that they could win.

• Advertisement

Try England.

Jaysus, this Rugby League thing ain't half-bad, especially when you've been subjected to the horror of England - Argentina earlier.:)

Try England.

Jaysus, this Rugby League thing ain't half-bad, especially when you've been subjected to the horror of England - Argentina earlier.:)

Was even funnier last week switching from the Union to England v NZ.

Poor try to concede there by England, looked like they had enough players on the line to stop it.
    Nice, missed the kick. :)

Poor try for England to give away, Tompkins was left badly exposed.

Where was the knock-on there?:confused:

Is it just me who thinks Tompkins looks like a skinny child out there? :pac:

Some try if he got it down.

Fantastic try by Australia.

Where was the knock-on there?:confused:

At the play-the-ball it went forward off his foot/shin, must go back from the foot. Usually the ref will let them away with not using a foot once they make some kind of motion towards the ball, kinda like the quick "tap" to restart play.

This will now be a big test for England. If they don't intensify their commitment ten-fold then the Aussies will run riot.

I see. Thanks.

England player down, missed what happened. Looks pretty bad.

Fantastic try by Australia.

Nice try indeed. Thurston is some player, mustn't have caught many of his matches on NRL coz I don't really remember him.

Ooh, English lad knocked the **** out. Doesn't look too bad on the replay.

Still just the 6 points in it, hope the aussies don't move away.

• Advertisement

Another brilliant try. Not too dissimilar to the centenary test try, though not as spectacular.

Pissed off, but what a piece of work from Slater for that try.

Gonna be a flat 12 minutes from here I think. :(

Daft, daft, daft short kick-off there.

And another, England have just given up.

Sake. England's heads down. If the aussies are bothered there's a few more handy tries available.

Same old, same old. Back into realm of men against boys

Another one. Commentators not too happy. Hard to blame them really.

Bit of an anticlimax unfortunately. Good skills though.

Another one. Commentators not too happy. Hard to blame them really.

Hard to blame them. They're not the best commentators but they're passionate.

I just think the Aussies were holding back at the start, let England run themselves into the ground. Ali would be proud.

Bit of an anticlimax unfortunately. Good skills though.
    Skill levels are ridiculous, I just can't see why they're so much better.
    I'm sure plenty have said it but there has to be something going in coaching and S+C for such a gulf between the Australasians and British.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,323 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

England 16-46 Australia
    :eek:

funny the union guys were saying that the aus union team can just step it up a gear seems they can play within themselves and then hit you !
    remember watching aus v warrington in about 96 they were awesome then as well

Advertisement