Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Please someone to Help me do a New network

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

spear

Yes you have reason one of the ip is 169.254.....

This is bad???

I don't know what I have done, but know I am getting some error information on the connections between the pc's.... :( I was so happy in get it working....

Can you help me please? Cause I am very confuse now... :confused:

169.254.x.x is a random addressed assigned as per APIPA when a client using DHCP can't find a DHCP server. A simple router would solve all this in seconds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 sunshineday

Spear,

Thank you very much but the only router I have doesn't work with LAN just accept ADSL connection, and the point is exactly that, create a network with the equipment I already have. Thin budget at the moment... Then I need cross this IP problem by myself without route...
    :(

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,127 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear,

Thank you very much but the only router I have doesn't work with LAN just accept ADSL connection, and the point is exactly that, create a network with the equipment I already have. Thin budget at the moment... Then I need cross this IP problem by myself without route...
    :(

Then you're back to an option such as using Endian turn a PC into a router/firewall to provide the needed services.

:confused:

Explain please with simple words, Endian turn into a pc firewall/router :confused:

Sorry but all this terminology are new for me. I was thinking the endian was a software, now you are telling turn it on a pc router...

:eek:

:confused:

Explain please with simple words, Endian turn into a pc firewall/router :confused:

Sorry but all this terminology are new for me. I was thinking the endian was a software, now you are telling turn it on a pc router...

:eek:

Endian is software that turns a PC into a firewall/router.

• Advertisement

I already download the endian software, then how I can do it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Rmacm,

Thank you so much.
    Tomorrow I will let you know if I got it work or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 108 ✭✭neil_purdy

Thanks again spear,

I know that, I am just looking for some different way to get a solution to my situation with out buy another equipment.

with some adaptation or else.

(similar to a miracle) :o

If you find some way, please let me know.

Thank you
    Sunshine day

Used to work for your ISP.. You will need a router between the modem and this Hub you got.. As you already know they supply a private ip so a router is essential for function such as NAT, it will also be your DHCP for your network(if your not using static addresses)
    I think i know which one it is.. did you get it for free on adverts??

Anyway this is the router that your ISP recommends(used to anyway)

http://www.linksysbycisco.com/EU/en/products/WRT54GL
    Similar to above..

Anyway do you seriously need 24 ports?? Are you running an office??

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

Rmacm,

Thank you so much.
    Tomorrow I will let you know if I got it work or not.

I'll be honest and I don't mean to be mean [oooooooooo] , I have my doubts. Try not to take this in a hugely bad way but you don't seem to know even the basics of a network. This may go smoothly if you have a family member or friend who can do this for you *.

I'm sort of starting to move away from this topic as you are heading for a failure that I don't want to take responsibility for, wrongly or rightly.

* Please, please, please, head this advice

• Advertisement
Advertisement