Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audi 2.0l tdi, 120bhp

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

What are the engine sizes and bhp in the diesel audi a4 b7 model?

1.9tdi 115bhp
    2.0tdi 140bhp
    2.0tdi 170bhp
    2.7tdi 180bhp
    3.0tdi 230bhp

Unlikely to see the last 2 on that list, and I'd say the 170 is rare enough in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

What are the engine sizes and bhp in the diesel audi a4 b7 model?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A4#B7_engines

I googled it and found it in about 5 seconds. Could you not have done that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

PaulKK wrote: »
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_A4#B7_engines

I googled it and found it in about 5 seconds. Could you not have done that?

I wanted you to do it,what took you so long?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭imeddyhobbs

R.O.R wrote: »
    1.9tdi 115bhp
    2.0tdi 140bhp
    2.0tdi 170bhp
    2.7tdi 180bhp
    3.0tdi 230bhp

Unlikely to see the last 2 on that list, and I'd say the 170 is rare enough in Ireland.

The op has a 2.0tdi 120 bhp?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

The op has a 2.0tdi 120 bhp?

The entry level A4 is a 2.0TDI 120bhp. I Dunno why ROR didnt mention it!

It was only introduced about a year ago or so, to make the A4 more affordable.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

The 120BHP is only available in the B8 A4. imeddyhobbs asked for B7s.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,678 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

The entry level A4 is a 2.0TDI 120bhp. I Dunno why ROR didnt mention it!

Because I read the question ;)
    and then had to try and figure out if B7 was the current model or the old model

R.O.R wrote: »
    Because I read the question ;)
    and then had to try and figure out if B7 was the current model or the old model

I didnt bother. I was too mesmorised by his user name.

Is he really eddie hobbs?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

I fcukin hope not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,091 ✭✭✭Biro

Watch this space... if he starts giving us advice and then tries to charge us for it, it's him!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

Kiera20 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just looking for some opinions here. Am thinking of buying a 09 2.0 l audi a4, 120 bhp. Just looking for some opinions from anyone who owns one or from anyone who is just in the know!;) What would the power be like? 120bhp - would the car be a bit sluggish considering the size of it? Any opinions greatly appreciated!!

PM me if your looking for one, I have a couple of 143 SE's

Geoff845 wrote: »
    PM me if your looking for one, I have a couple of 143 SE's

Always the salesman eh....:rolleyes:;):D

Another shark in the tank :p

-Chris- wrote: »
    Another shark in the tank :p

Another turd in the bowl as some would say....:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Bitten & Hisses

Kiera20 wrote: »
    Hi guys. Just looking for some opinions here. Am thinking of buying a 09 2.0 l audi a4, 120 bhp. Just looking for some opinions from anyone who owns one or from anyone who is just in the know!;) What would the power be like? 120bhp - would the car be a bit sluggish considering the size of it? Any opinions greatly appreciated!!

We changed from a 140BHP 2006 to a new 120BHP this year. We only went for the 120 based purely on the cost to change. To be honest, I do miss the kick of the 140, but 120 is perfectly adequate for this car and it doesn't feel underpowered in normal driving.

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭Geoff845

The dog that trots about finds a bone.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

It actually feels faster than a 130ps Insignia, and its not far behind a 160ps either, believe it or not.

120bhp is plenty in the A4.

I beg to differ! I recently had my A3 2.0L TDI (170PS) serviced and Audi game me a 2.0L TDI (120 PS) A4 and it was the worst thing I've driven in a long time. The fuel efficiency was dire and it took a lot of effort to get it going.

At work I have access to a 1.9 (105 PS) TDI Audi A3 and that's bad but to be honest it feels better than the 120PS A4!

Caveats: The A4 I was driving was an 'estate' looking one (Avant?) so may be heavier than a saloon A4 (I don't know). It was also brand new and my 170 PS A3 is only 1 year old so that may make a difference in the feel. However the new A4 120 PS TDI is not a car I'd ever buy.

Geoff845 wrote: »
    The dog that trots about finds a bone.

I like that! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭PaulKK

I wanted you to do it,what took you so long?

You're very clever, aren't you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

PaulKK wrote: »
    You're very clever, aren't you.

Well he is Eddie Hobbs

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

You'll be able to buy it in a few years time as a new generation SEAT Exeo, probably with the next generation diesel engines and a lot more equipment as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,423 ✭✭✭pburns

I just don't get why anyone would spend A4 money - a German executive saloon no less - and then skimp on putting a half decent engine in it. Actually I do know - they want to impress the neighbours and don't give a damn how the car drives. In comparison (AFAIK) the BMW 318d is 150bhp, the 320d 170ish.

Yeah it's better than a 90bhp 1.9TDI but that's like saying a kick in the arse is better than a knee in the nuts...

pburns wrote: »
    I just don't get why anyone would spend A4 money - a German executive saloon no less - and then skimp on putting a half decent engine in it. Actually I do know - they want to impress the neighbours and don't give a damn how the car drives. In comparison (AFAIK) the BMW 318d is 150bhp, the 320d 170ish.

Yeah it's better than a 90bhp 1.9TDI but that's like saying a kick in the arse is better than a knee in the nuts...

I have a feeling you're preaching to the converted here.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

pburns wrote: »

I'd agree with this, why on earth go for the 120? even the 140 is underpowered, the 170 should be the miniumum imo. Or save up a bit more and get the 211 2.0T.

0-62 in 11s is dog slow, no matter what torques you've got.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Kiera20

Thanks guys for all the replies. pburns I indicated from the get go that I didn't know a lot about the A4 or it's engines which was the whole reason for posting - to look for peoples opinions and the reason I'm interested in the A4 has absolutely nothing to do with trying to impress the neighbours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

Biro wrote: »
    Doesn't matter. There's feck all between them,

I disagree. They would clock approx. the same top speed but the 1.9 would leave it for dead from 0 to 100km. There is a meaning to engine liters and sizes. There are not just digits.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

copacetic wrote: »
    I'd agree with this, why on earth go for the 120? even the 140 is underpowered, the 170 should be the miniumum imo. Or save up a bit more and get the 211 2.0T.

0-62 in 11s is dog slow, no matter what torques you've got.

Ye guys are very fussy. Most cars both petrol and diesel bought in Ireland are less than 140bhp, so what are you on about?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭HashSlinging

The 120bhp has "around" the same amount of torque (per foot lb) as the 140bhp, in real terms its not going to be that noticeable on the road.

• Subscribers Posts: 16,568 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

teednab-el wrote: »
    I disagree. They would clock approx. the same top speed but the 1.9 would leave it for dead from 0 to 100km. There is a meaning to engine liters and sizes. There are not just digits.

is this a joke or are you actually saying that .1l less engine capacity makes a car much faster?

• Advertisement

teednab-el wrote: »
    Ye guys are very fussy. Most cars both petrol and diesel bought in Ireland are less than 140bhp, so what are you on about?

OK then. All cars VW Group cars badged TDI are absolute weapons, are you happy now?:D

Advertisement