Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Know your A/R/Tists...

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

Can't we have them fight it out, and the winner takes the username?

And the other one gets a spell checker?

• Registered Users Posts: 784 ✭✭✭daydorunrun

Looking for the porta-loo at mile 23 :o

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsnGFgPH5ERX4P5xKzg1YBfTFG9OQjkOe3Yk_c8ELMKbpGwCJM

“You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is, never try.” Homer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,983 ✭✭✭TheRoadRunner

EPIC FAIL

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

Can't see it clearly on my phone, thankfully, but is that the Swedish guy? If so he was training / racing as a temporary member of our club last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,612 ✭✭✭gerard65

robinph wrote: »
    Can't see it clearly on my phone, thankfully, but is that the Swedish guy? If so he was training / racing as a temporary member of our club last year.
    Bet nobody wanted to run behind him in training:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,089 Mod ✭✭✭✭robinph

gerard65 wrote: »
    Bet nobody wanted to run behind him in training:eek:
    He was far enough ahead that it wasn't an issue.... For most of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭sideswipe

Hope you're quicker than him!! Wouldn't fancy falling in behind him in a race!
    I know gels can be hard to stomach but feck me:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

menoscemo wrote: »
    That was Runforrestrun not RunForestRun !!!

Just to add to the confusion I just noticed on the event thread that there's a third one: run_Forrest_run

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

Just to add to the confusion I just noticed on the event thread that there's a third one: run_Forrest_run

I tell ye what, for the sake of simplicity, I'll change my username. I'll need some of the Mods to do it for me, but it's a bit messy having 3 users with pretty identical usernames posting in the same forum. Mods, send me a pm and I'll let ye know what new username I want. And this time, I'll use a spell checker. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

I tell ye what, for the sake of simplicity, I'll change my username. I'll need some of the Mods to do it for me, but it's a bit messy having 3 users with pretty identical usernames posting in the same forum. Mods, send me a pm and I'll let ye know what new username I want. And this time, I'll use a spell checker. :p

I think you need to request a username change from an admin - the people who get the uncut coke and the expensive hookers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,208 ✭✭✭shotgunmcos

184669_10150411797815471_720105470_17247784_977727_n

Great picture! Everyone gunning for it. You would be forgiven for thinking it was the end of a mile race. I love the fact that there is a baldy 60ish year old in the shot giving it loads with 2:59 on the clock!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

Great picture! Everyone gunning for it. You would be forgiven for thinking it was the end of a mile race. I love the fact that there is a baldy 60ish year old in the shot giving it loads with 2:59 on the clock!!

I could be mistaken, but I think that's Dan O'Carroll from Rathfarnham and BOI in the BHAA races, he's an M55 anyway.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

RayCun wrote: »
    I think you need to request a username change from an admin - the people who get the uncut coke and the expensive hookers.
    Think its only available if youre a subscriber.

Yeah, them cheap hookers are more trouble than their worth.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,643 ✭✭✭ThePiedPiper

BeepBeep67 wrote: »
    I could be mistaken, but I think that's Dan O'Carroll from Rathfarnham and BOI in the BHAA races, he's an M55 anyway.

This was the Seville Marathon last year. I don't think it was an Irishman to be honest, when I was looking at the results, there was no Irish in or around the 2.58-3.00 apart from myself.

I actually finished that marathon as if it was a 800m race. Or maybe the fact that the 400m world record was ran in that stadium had me thinking for a minute I was a world-beater. I felt like it at that moment in time anyway, right before I started hugging random Spanish men and crying with happiness!!

right before I started hugging random Spanish men and crying with happiness!!
    Available now from the top shelf of your local XXX Marathon Photos store.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,080 ✭✭✭BeepBeep67

This was the Seville Marathon last year. I don't think it was an Irishman to be honest, when I was looking at the results, there was no Irish in or around the 2.58-3.00 apart from myself.

QUOTE]

Separated at birth so!!
    193784.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭Woddle

That is the guy I thought it was ... and he won a 5km race I was in last night by quite a distance and got a new course record in the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

That poor guy. didnt that happen to caitriona mckeirnan?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,340 ✭✭✭TFBubendorfer

BobMac104 wrote: »
    That poor guy. didnt that happen to caitriona mckeirnan?

Yes but nowhere near as bad as that.
    And can you please stop re-posting that photo now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,100 ✭✭✭BobMac104

ya i think that would be best for all

Agreed, not sure why it appeared anyway.

To get back on topic and just to make things look pretty around here again here is one of me:
    Oh all right then Woddle, I will post that picture up again. I'm not sure that just becasue you want more views on your photo is a valid reason...but anyway.

3589380040_9c19eb4372.jpg

I'm the one in the middle.

Sorry, that was a mistake. I meant to post a different one of me...honest:
    5614641066_c1507235f6.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭misty floyd

5614641066_c1507235f6.jpg[/url]

you must have been running behind Mr Skuts there? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭handangeo

Izoard wrote: »
    While there is an earlier post in the Batman gear (first fancy-dresser home in DCM '09, I think), here is a happy boy (almost finished pint in hand, of course), a few mins after IM CH finish....

38769_414492043332_577703332_4842033_710032_n.jpg

Looking remarkably fresh if you ask me :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,703 ✭✭✭PDCAT

Izoard wrote: »
    38769_414492043332_577703332_4842033_710032_n.jpg
    Is that a urine sample in your hand..... Need to drink more water.....

• Registered Users Posts: 15,704 ✭✭✭✭RayCun

time to start this up again...
    here's me in the rain of Bohermeen
    12883333913_f7d23b4273_b.jpg

(does anyone need to ask what club singlet I'm wearing? ;))

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

1511367_674727209230430_1318618342932574541_n.jpg?oh=539afedd0319c8936e52e693e1956038&oe=53CC1383&__gda__=1406371178_0037d79e100c883fab93f4418007b63d

In the hurt zone at a recent 5k, trying to muster up a bit of a sprint finish. You can just see my brother's head behind me, trying (and thankfully failing) to out-sprint me!.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭overpronator

Yep, seen both of you on different occasions!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,370 ✭✭✭pconn062

Yep, seen both of you on different occasions!

Your turn now! :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭thirstywork2

halfmarathon2.jpg

Thanks to RobinPH for this 'gliding' picture at the Adidas HM

Is that A MOBILE PHONE IN YOUR POCKET :D

Advertisement