Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ableton live intro

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Finally understand your username...Felix Da Housecat yeah? No idea how I didn't cop that before...

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Ha, yeah... and I feckin hate the name! When I joined 4 years ago to ask a weather related question (it was snowing and I had to drive somewhere!), every name I picked was taken and I spotted an old mix by Felix and went with that. Long story but felt I must explain myself :pac: I then found the dance section and continued to post....

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Ha, yeah... and I feckin hate the name! When I joined 4 years ago to ask a weather related question (it was snowing and I had to drive somewhere!), every name I picked was taken and I spotted an old mix by Felix and went with that. Long story but felt I must explain myself :pac: I then found the dance section and continued to post....

I'm pretty sure 90% of people here hate their names. Anytime I go into different music sections, people assume I know nothing about them thanks to this name.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

I'm pretty sure 90% of people here hate their names. Anytime I go into different music sections, people assume I know nothing about them thanks to this name.
    Would you not just change it then? Ok I think its resets your post count or something, but you're only on 380, you'll get that back in no time

Zascar wrote: »
    Would you not just change it then? Ok I think its resets your post count or something, but you're only on 380, you'll get that back in no time

Ah I'm not really bothered by it, was just trying to cheer Felix up :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

haha ;)

Felix deffo come over and check it out some time. I was planning on getting a few people over some weekend afternoon for traktor/tunes/mixing/banter session. Busy this weekend but will do it soon

By the way, I call Zascar to the tune ID thread, I've one that needs your minimal knowledge.

Nice pun eh? 'Cos it's minimal...but minimal knowledge means...ah forget it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jay_lo

Zascar wrote: »
    Can someone please explain to me why anyone would want to use a keyboard for Dj'ing? I

this is my 1st post:)

i use ableton for dj and production and wow its class really really top software,i tried using virtual dj and found it **** u are only limited to 2 tracks a go, as for trackor im not to sure about that but ableton the great thing is if u have the full version i use live 8 u can use a100 if u want not that any body would play that many,as for keyboard u dont need one if u get a sound card with 2 outputs + extra outputs for headfones and mic i use numark dj iio u can hook it up to a mixer and use the mixers effects

and its so user friendly aswell

hope this helps:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,245 ✭✭✭old gregg

hey welcome jay_lo,
    yea Ableton can be pretty cool to work with.

Anyone looking for an interesting free Ableton resourse with packs for learning could do much worse than check out my old mate Tom Cosm in New Zealand (yea it's a touch psy but hey, psy works best in the southern hemisphere anyway *sighs* :))

• Closed Accounts Posts: 282 ✭✭Quiggers

Ableton needs more homework , ie warping the tracks before you go out to play, than traktor, but its midi mapping is fantastic, traktor can be a pain to set up but is more immediate, although i have had some tracks not grid properly and you can end up having to beat match them manually, shock horror!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 jay_lo

the good thing about that is when its warped u can save the settings on your track for the next time so u can just drag and drop:)

Advertisement