Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP, is this a ghost in my photo

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

KeithAFC wrote: »
    Pure ignorance. If everyone had this attitude, we would not of experienced or understood some of the unknown things in the world which are now common.

:) Pure ignorance? Ghosts do not exist. Thats not an attitude. It is a fact.
    Are you saying they do? Please explain to me how that fact has got anything to do the "unknown things" which you so vaguely referred to.....:rolleyes:

Perhaps you didnt understand what i was trying to say.This sums it up.
    Xluna wrote: »
    Humans are pattern seeking creatures,face on the moon ect.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 CatHerder

Pure ignorance. If everyone had this attitude, we would not of experienced or understood some of the unknown things in the world which are now common.
    How is that ignorance? KingKenny is just explaining that people have a propensity to see patterns where there are none. This is a characteristic of humanity that has benefited us.

In pre history times it was not safe to go walking alone in the woods at night. Those who seen predatory patterns in the foliage were scared to go out in the woods at night. This meant that they were more likely to survive to pass on their genes and the traits that make people see patterns where there aren’t patterns.

This characteristic may have been of benefit in respect to propagation of our species but I would like to think that humanity has loftier goals than procreation and that we will outgrow irrational superstitions.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25,848 ✭✭✭✭Zombrex

"Ghosts" is an explanation, it is not an "unknown" thing. It is an explanation, applied often with no real reason, to explain unknown things.

If people approach unknown things looking to find out what is happening that is fine.

If people approach unknown things with an unsupported explanation, such as "ghosts" it is bad.

There is absolutely no evidence that ghosts exists

That is not that unknown things that people can't explain and that some call ghosts, don't exists.

But the explanation itself (dead spirits wandering the Earth) has no evidence and such an explanation is contradicted by all known science.

It is perfectly reasonable then to say that ghosts don't exist as that is overwhelmingly supported by current knowledge.

If you want to get pedantic about it it is better to say In all likihood and to the best of our understanding ghosts don't exist, given that we can never know anything for certain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Maybe I'm just blind but I don't see anything unusual about any of the OP's pictures :confused:

I see it on Mylesie's one though

Not a ghost though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 baawhoosh

Mylesie wrote: »
    I can see the shadow on the left but it could be a stray head light off to the left or the actual flash bouncing off the tree?newDSC02193.jpg

AAAARGH, if you squint it looks like this guy:
    aaargh.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 CatHerder

I can see an eye, a nose and his hairline.
    But I can also see the man in the moon.
    This doesn't mean there is a man in the moon.

Advertisement