Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Summoned for non production of insurance & licence.....having already produced it!!

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,764 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

Exact same thing happened to me..

Gardai shooting fish in a barrel in Ballymount at 9pm on a Friday night, I was over taking a bus that was pulling in to pick someone up, yes I was speeding about 10mph over the limit, admitted this after the Garda in question pulled me over when he hopped out of a ditch with speed gun in hand.

Asked for license, which I gave him, insurance disk, tax disk, NCT disk.. all valid and displayed.. All very mannerly and civil with the Garda in question unlike the car in front of me who they also pulled in, he was hurling abuse at the Garda, f'ing him out of it and calling his mother every name under the sun..

Asked me to produce insurance and tax cert in nearest Gardai station, which I did 2 days later and had it in writing to prove it.

6 months later, I get summons for not producing documents.. WTF!!!

Managed to ring the Garda in question who is now moved from Dublin and has been relocated to the a*se hole of now where down the country ( I wonder why!! :rolleyes:) and he didnt want to know, his response was,

"well thats not my problem, explain it to the judge in court"..

Such an ass*ole!!

I'm away on hols the week of the case, get a solicitor, give him all the details, he explains it to the judge who gives the garda in question an earful for wasting courts time, throws it out of court and it costs €400 in solicitors fees for the priviledge of some lazy b*llix of a Garda who is incapable of doing his job..

I only wish I was there to witness it all.. and give him a piece of my mind.. :mad:

Tox

Advertisement