Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wax Museum

Options
13»

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

magnumlady wrote: »
    Ah go Degsy, just think you could have your pic taken with Mr. Ryan.
    It really was worth the tenner for the laugh.

Haha..i'm actually tempted..anybody wanna come with??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I went last month actually, and I didn`t think it was too bad. It wasn`t the best or anything, but it was ok. In the pictures earlier, most of the statues look rubbish, but I think that has to do with the flash on the camera. When you`re there in person, the lighting is different and you don`t really notice that the statues aren`t up to scratch.

I`m thinking that some have been updated since those photos. The politicians and the Madonna one in particular look bad, and I don`t recall them looking so bad when I was there. There are also some that are missing from those photos (Michael Jackson, Darth Maul, Jack Nicholson`s Joker, The Simpsons, Bob the Builder, a 1916 mock-up where you can sit behind a machine gun for a picture) I thought the chamber of horrors was fairly creepy too, and the Jack and the Beanstalk one looked really good.

Only real complaints were that even though it`s aimed at kids, there`s no baby changing facilities, and buggies aren`t allowed in, so you have to leave it with the rest of them by the front door.

Like I said, it wasn`t so bad. If you have little kids, it can be quite a fun outing.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭gimme5minutes

It's crap, don't waste your money. Was there at the weekend with the gf, would not recommend it to anyone.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

If you're not going to go to enjoy it for it's kitsch value, then you're simply not going to enjoy it.

It's immense fun for what it is. Can't wait to go back again.

The girl I live with was there last week and someone had pulled down the Frankenstein monster's trousers.... it seems he's anatomically correct.

I can provide pictures!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,397 ✭✭✭✭Degsy

If you're not going to go to enjoy it for it's kitsch value, then you're simply not going to enjoy it.

It's immense fun for what it is. Can't wait to go back again.

The girl I live with was there last week and someone had pulled down the Frankenstein monster's trousers.... it seems he's anatomically correct.

I can provide pictures!

Oh sweet Jesus..pics..pics..pics!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,239 ✭✭✭✭WindSock

How's Frankenstein's Monster? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭Nolanger

Is Michelle 'Whiskey in the jar' De Smith Bruin still there?

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭lizardfudge

Degsy wrote: »
    Oh sweet Jesus..pics..pics..pics!!

Contains wax 'who who dilly'... Possibly NSFW...

http://yfrog.com/gibxztj

• Registered Users Posts: 3,657 ✭✭✭magnumlady

Contains wax 'who who dilly'... Possibly NSFW...

http://yfrog.com/gibxztj

Blimey O'reilly I thought that was half a pound of sausages for a minute.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 wise01

MAB83 wrote: »
    We're thinking of checking the wax museum out tomorrow, is it worth going?
    quite frankly no. i lost an hour of my life finding this out the hard way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭AnimalRights

It's ok, some pics here to help you decide.

http://pix.ie/punkrock/album/465894/goto/3248818

Advertisement