Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

NCT!

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,095 ✭✭✭johndaman66

galwaytt wrote: »
    why, in a so-called 'computerised' system, does it ask YOU the date of first reg - if it's connected to the nvdb, and you enter the reg, wtf doesn't it know from it's own system ??:confused:

Moronic. Completely moronic.

galwaytt I'm thinking and I may be wrong that it is a control in place to prevent NCT's being booked for cars in error. The fact that you have to enter two pieces of information which are consistent with one another seriously reduces the possibility of errors being made. Furthermore a friend could book your car in for an NCT with just knowing the regiastration number for a prank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 600 ✭✭✭Rev. BlueJeans

Agree++

From my own experience, you can only book an early test if the car already has a valid NCT, as said above.

Advertisement