Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you read your other half's text messages?

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,058 ✭✭✭✭Abi

netwhizkid wrote: »
    Women are so nosey and then they wonder why we cheat?

Generalisation of all women and it makes no sense. If you find yourself with a woman that is invasive and you don't like it, why cheat? Just leave her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

You're too polite, Abz. Yet another gem from netwhizkid.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

WeeBushy wrote: »
    Thanks. I didn't know how to look at spoilers and you got me paranoid. I then rang her and we had a fight. Of course I then had to read her emails because I wanted to see what she was saying about me to her friends, and she caught me. She broke up with me. Thanks to you.

I figured out how to use spoilers... I'm only messing :D

If you'd left out the spoiler I'd have gone home happy as larry this evening. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,082 ✭✭✭Pygmalion

Very sorry for the loss WeeBushy :(.
    AnonoBoy, how could you say something like that to him, it's horrible?

Also how do I read spoilers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Pygmalion wrote: »
    Very sorry for the loss WeeBushy :(.
    AnonoBoy, how could you say something like that to him, it's horrible?

I'm a pr*ck. It's a well known fact. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,883 ✭✭✭wudangclan

Pygmalion wrote: »

click your heels together 3 times.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭sogg

I'd never check my boyfriend's phone purely cos I know what I'm like....I know I'd just ending up reading something into nothing and making myself all paranoid, and sure then I wouldn't even be able to confront him cos I wouldn't want to admit what I'd done! Disaster!

I do, however, reserve the right to click on any girl that I don't recognise that comments on his facebook page though. That's not through lack of trust though, just pure nosiness - would probably click on any lad I didn't recognise either! And that's a public forum!!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

surely its just rude to read other ppls msgs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,558 ✭✭✭netwhizkid

Abigayle wrote: »
    Generalisation of all women and it makes no sense. If you find yourself with a woman that is invasive and you don't like it, why cheat? Just leave her.

Well if she is going digging for dirt I might aswell give her something to find I suppose for the lulz!
    Dudess wrote: »
    You're too polite, Abz. Yet another gem from netwhizkid.

:), Seriously though, I wouldn't really care as there would be nothing for them to find, I guess it is only the guilty parties would be worried! Still there is a but of a trust issue there if a woman feels the need to check my messages.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,390 ✭✭✭The Big Red Button

I have to admit, I sometimes read my boyfriend's texts! I do it in front of him though, it's no big deal, if I'm bored I'd just pick up his phone and have a bit of a nosey. The only reason I do it is because he's crap at remembering to tell me things, there might be things that his mum or sister told him to tell me that he forgot about, or he might have been making plans for us to go out at the weekend and never mentioned it to me, that sort of thing! It is not out of any sort of paranoia or insecurity, at all, and if I did find out he was texting a girl it's not like I'd care or anything! I trust him completely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,499 ✭✭✭Sabre0001

I don't read other people's post, messages, e-mails, etc. I expect the same courtesy. If I want someone to know, I'll tell them...And I don't have anything to hide.

🤪

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

it depends on what grounds its done. My wife is as nosy as hell about some things but could not care less about others. So if its done in a nosy sense who cares? If its to check on you. Instant ban!

Having said that I have nothing to hide so she can check away, i agree thats not a good reason to allow it

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 7,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭**Timbuk2**

No, of course I don't. If someone read my e-mails or texts I would be freaked out - I certainly wouldn't do it to anyone else.

Anybody that does read other people's texts needs to go and get a life of their own.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

I'm so nosey :p

If someone accidently left their phone in my house, I'd be going through it :P

Girlfriends are a different story though.

Advertisement