Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12 killed, plus gunman in a mass shooting at Fort Hood, Texas

Options
13»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,265 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manic Moran

kowloon wrote: »
    More likely it's that we keep an eye on the US media, I don't know the name of any Finnish news channel, I don't have access to it, and even if I did, I wouldn't understand it. Fox and CNN on the other hand are listed under news in my Sky planner and Sky news repeats the US stuff ad nauseum.

You realise that that was the thrust of the preceeding paragraph, right? The perception is because of familiarity.

NTM

• Registered Users Posts: 81,989 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

markesmith wrote: »
    Mark200 wrote:
    Obama to talk about it in a minute.
    Oh, that should sort it all out.
    :D You've won the internet sir.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,369 ✭✭✭✭kowloon

You realise that that was the thrust of the preceeding paragraph, right? The perception is because of familiarity.

NTM

I have to start reading one post at a time :o.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭Reindeer

00sully wrote: »
    i'll field this - voting for george bush twice is as close as you can get to that stat.

Have you not read the papers and seen who we've voted in?! Or better yet, seen who the British have not voted in, and yet have as their leader. At least the Americans got to vote. Eventually all governments go tyrannical or out of control. At least the Americans have the means to readjust their government should that time come. We all know how well things went down in Tienanmen square when unarmed protesters took to the street. Look at all the corruption rampant in our own governments - revolution is not an if, but when in most any civilisation. Simply look at our own past. We didn't carve out what we have now with hurleys.

Advertisement