Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite subject?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭ruadhan

History
    ehh, i would say accounting and japanese but neither are there , well foreign languages is there... i also like physics and maths a lot, maybe i should take up applied maths... oh and i like irish

• Registered Users Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Jay P

Biology
    Man, I Loved physics. I hate college physics. Very different. Not enjoyable at all!

I still love maths though. It's awesome! It's even better in collge :) I also loved English.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭IHeartChemistry

Physics
    Chemistry is claaaaaaaaass! All the explosions and fires in the lab, messing with highly dangerous chemicals and of course creating your own little messes in the lab :D Oh I do love Chemistry :D even if I am crap at it...:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Geography
    construction, simply i like doing the project work!!...out of the subjects shown i like business i the most, followed by economics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Chemistry
    Ara ya, ya can't beat the oul Dutchonomics!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

Geography
    Chemistry is claaaaaaaaass! All the explosions and fires in the lab, messing with highly dangerous chemicals and of course creating your own little messes in the lab :D Oh I do love Chemistry :D even if I am crap at it...:p

lol.... your username says it all!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Biology
    Jay P wrote: »
    Man, I Loved physics. I hate college physics. Very different. Not enjoyable at all!

I still love maths though. It's awesome! It's even better in collge :) I also loved English.

Out of curiosity (I'm considering studying Physics in College) what don't you like about it? Is it the fact that it is more modern physics that you're studying things like Astrophysics and Particle Physics, compared to the LC where the it's mostly things like mechanics and electricity? Or what is it you don't like?

Biology
    Out of curiosity (I'm considering studying Physics in College) what don't you like about it? Is it the fact that it is more modern physics that you're studying things like Astrophysics and Particle Physics, compared to the LC where the it's mostly things like mechanics and electricity? Or what is it you don't like?

I'm doing Maths Science in UCC, and I had 20 credits of electives to choose from, so I picked 2 physics modules, thinking it'd be some bit like the Leaving Cert, and it wasn't.

I don't understand any of the notes I take down, despite the fact I ask a lot of questions. And I'm not the only one who doesn't understand it, most other people are equally lost. It all seems to be deriving formulae using a combination of differentiation and integration. It is not one bit interesting. The problem sets we get are the same sort of stuff from applied maths only way harder. The other stuff is just impossible.
    The labs (practicals) are not as bad, but still not very enjoyable. It's all analysing exactly what happened, and discussing this, blah blah blah.

To summarise, it's just not interesting.

My advice is to look into where you want to go, and ask people on that course about it.
    I would also advise doing maths. It's way better than physics :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭MayoExplosion

Why didn't people pick Music? :(
    It's like the easiest A ever!! :D

I would say Maths but I've grown to hate being the only person left in the higher level class :mad:

Biology
    Why didn't people pick Music? :(
    It's like the easiest A ever!! :D

Music is the most overrated subject ever. I really began to hate it in 6th year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement