Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Favorite subject?

Options
  • 05-11-2009 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭

I'm in interested what other poeple's favorite subject(s) are and why. I love english and always have. Mainly because I enjoy reading and writing which I'm usually to lazy to do in my spare time:o

Your Favorite subject? 115 votes

English
    0%
    Irish
    12%
    highlydebasedJay PKersmashayumipartyatmygafftheowenSophsxxxalmostneverMidnight_EGBaile an LochaMary007mikejoneslaura93Johnny Giles 14 votes
    Maths
    8%
    ayumiruadhanunknown13Lola92Zipp101almostneverAddictedToYouMary007smorgan96paddybah 10 votes
    Chemistry
    18%
    blubloblucallaway92Jay PayumieVeNtInECon_ConanothernightmetalfestruadhanReillyman3fullbackGear9992Bonkers_xOxalmostneverAddictedToYouMidnight_EGDancingQueen:)Slow ShowMaking It BadJohnny Giles 21 votes
    Physics
    7%
    FadorangeparrotjumpguysoccymonsteralmostneverAddictedToYouIHeartChemistryMaking It BadaoifeX 9 votes
    Biology
    6%
    ch252Jay PanothernightruadhangermanicusalmostneverEvan93Making It Bad 8 votes
    Foreign language(French etc)
    11%
    [Deleted User]Conor108ayumiKatCookiepartyatmygaffnabacliomtheowenDancingQueen:)MayoegianLawlietMirror Imagelaura93Behind you Joey 13 votes
    History
    6%
    GERMAN ROCKSKersmashruadhanmonaghanmissusJako8DancingQueen:)sob1467Coeurdepirate 8 votes
    Business
    6%
    KatCookietheowenScrambled eggKentonobbomikejonescli2931 7 votes
    Geography
    14%
    PlayGirlstainlusscallaway92Busi_Girl08fktDaragh101*giggles*Zipp101CelticTiger*SophsxxxAddictedToYouMidnight_EGcickimcStrydermanlaura93Johnny Gilesgalwayu 17 votes
    Art
    6%
    ch252brennaldoCelticTiger*DB10Midnight_EGOoOROiSiNOoOsmileygirllovesJohnny Giles 8 votes
    Music
    0%

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭ayumi

i enjoy irish,maths,maths and biology.
    Even though that I do irish,english and maths at ORD level I still enjoy them.
    Irish because interesting to learn the poems and stories and learn something out of them.
    Maths because again really interesting to learn all of it and makes you want to learn more.
    English because I love reading poems and novels.
    Again find something to learn from these poems and novels.

Biology,I LOVE SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
    I love learning how the body works and what happens when sickness strikes the body and how the genes work.
    the only part i dont like is plants tooo much to learn and boring:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭laura93

Geography
    My favourites are English, Business & Biology
    English, I just genuinely like the subject. Business because it's really easy. Biology I just like and find easy to study :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

Biology is definitely my favourite, not too keen on the ecology stuff but the rest I absolutely love! Especially genetics (I have been know to make punnet squares in my spare time!) and evolution; I'm a total nerd for that sort of thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,553 ✭✭✭soccymonster

Physics
    well from what I've done so far, Chemistry would be my favourite :).
    Love it! :D
    And then French.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

Chemistry
    This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 930 ✭✭✭*giggles*

Geography
    Business is win! English isn't half bad either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭Jako8

History
    I like French.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭DancingQueen:)

History
    I love biology :D it's really interesting and i like pretty much like the whole course(apart from plants which are a bore!), might even study it in college. I really like maths when it's not too hard, it can be tough at times though(also might do it in college). I also like french cause i'm quite good at it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Stryderman

Geography
    Accounting but as it's not on the list, I went for business.

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭Scrambled egg

Business
    History and economics are the best. Surprising how many people actually like biology, I hate it with a passion!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭fkt

Geography
    Business and economics because I'm good at them. Depending on both for points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 834 ✭✭✭Reillyman

Chemistry
    eVeNtInE wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Took the words outta my mouth boi, on the 3 accounts!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Business
    I thought Art would be leading the way:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,464 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Geography
    Close between Business (H) and Maths (O) for me but Business just edges it

Geography
    theowen wrote: »
    I thought Art would be leading the way:eek:

My Least favourite subject by a country mile...Just fúcking impossible

Geography
    Why isnt Construction Studies or Technology or Home Ec on this poll...Im sure they would each get a good few votes

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭Lola92

Maths
    Wheres accounting?:eek:

plus Irish (H) is fairly awsome :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,768 ✭✭✭almostnever

Biology
    I love maths,English,Irish (except for Paper 2,don't get me started:mad:!),chemistry and physics. Don't like French,and find economics mind numbing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

History
    German definitely. Then English. I love both.

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Bonkers_xOx

Chemistry
    Maths! It's embarrassing how much I love it.
    Business and Art are alright too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭Evan93

Biology
    Physics and maths are definately my favourites:D,I like English as well, the only subject I would tend to dislike would be Irish.......

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Shane101

Accounting, DCG, Business and Construction.
    Hate English.
    All higher level.

Like Irish too (O)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭unknown13

Maths
    irish since i have been deprived of pe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Con_Con

Chemistry
    From early on my favourites are Maths and physics. Chemistry is awful though hate it with a passion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭AddictedToYou

Geography
    Maths, because I just get to work on and on as much as I can. And you just do it. No learning stuff off by heart. (Not much anyway.)

Business, because I have a nice teacher, it's easy, and that class goes SO fast.

Irish, because I just love Irish for some reason.

And Chemistry, because I find it interesting, and once you understand it, that's it. Unlike Biology where it's just learning terms and stuff off by heart...ugh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,962 ✭✭✭jumpguy

Physics
    I enjoy all the sciences: HL Maths, Physics, Chemistry and Biology, but if I was hard-pushed to give my favourite out of them, I'd have to say chemistry. Love chemistry!

EDIT: Aww crap never realised it was a multi-vote poll, I'd pick chemistry, maths and biology then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭Sophsxxx

Geography
    English, business and economics! :D
    Used to love history but there is just way too much to learn and I freak out when it comes to learning loads of different essays and then I just avoid it...can't do that for much longer though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Biology
    Applied maths but it's not on your list. I like it because it's one of the rare opportunities in LC where I actually get to use my brain.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,541 ✭✭✭anothernight

Biology
    Maths and Physics. Though I really do like French. Art used to be my favourite, right up until 5th year when I hated the class and the way it was taught, and dropped it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 420 ✭✭monaghanmissus

History
    Gotta be German.. :cool:

Advertisement