Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity tattoo and piercings calendar

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

my internet was stolen last night before i was able to reply,i was gonna suggest posters?like individual or group shots

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

hang on hang on...i do not want a giant poster of will on my wall...

well obviously if we did seperate ones you could choose which ones to buy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Splinter wrote: »
    With those judging eyes everytime you fap

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Splinter wrote: »

:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

sounds like a good idea but i do think it's a bit late to do it for this year! if you leave it til next year you'll have more time to perfect it and make it look amazing!

i volunteer myself and mark for photos :D

F.F.S. !!!!!
    do i actually ever get a say!?

we have to make it now!:D

Shimei wrote: »
    F.F.S. !!!!!
    do i actually ever get a say!?
    She has the boobs...she makes the rules.

At least she's started using yer name after yer last strop!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

eyes of jealousy ya mean :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

She has the boobs...she makes the rules.

At least she's started using yer name after yer last strop!

haha, raze you'd be better suited going out with him than i am!! :D

and mark, you do as i say :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

hey i think its a brilliant idea! in terms of using it to raise money, i reckon the calender would sell more copies and so it'd have to wait till next year, but that does give a lot of time to clear up red tape and perfect it!

I am well up for helping any way i can, i've got a side piece and one on my other hip that i think are worth photographing :D

And if help is needed for fund raising just tell me, i went to Kolkatta as a volunteer teacher for the summer and raised 4,500 so I'm used to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

calendar or book sounds great!
    would love to pose but will help in any way, i am a fantastic baker so if anyone needs baked goods i'm available!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

:eek:

baked goods?! you're in!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Baked goods?
    Bake sale?

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭Shimei

haha, raze you'd be better suited going out with him than i am!! :D

and mark, you do as i say :mad:

gonna slap my knob of your forehead tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,624 ✭✭✭✭Fajitas!

If you don't mind me sticking my head in for a bit of advice...

A couple of points;

The calender itself - You're obviously going to have to get it printed, but rather than going to a printed and investing €*** for *** amount of copies, only to sell ** of them, and end up with a loss of €***, have a look at sites like www.photobox.com - As far as I'm aware, with Photobox, you can set up an account where the public can buy the calender, and pays both the cost price and a nominal fee (Which would obviously be going to the SSF) - There's other websites out there like RedBalloon (I think), that might work too. It takes Paypal and debit cards too, which usually pleases internet folk.

Secondly, you're going to need to get a basic template made out - especially if you're including a bio/details on each shot - It dosn't need to be anything intricate (In fact, it's much better if it isn't), but having someone with proper design experience will make it work/look a hell of a lot better - Even the simple things like placement of captions and typefaces/sizes. It wouldn't be an especially hard job, but worth doing right.

As far as photographs go - try to go for a 50:50 male:female ratio, the shots don't have to be the height of glamour or 'teh sex' - Make it about the tattoo's, and make it interesting. Go for interesting photos rather than anything else. I know the whole project is for charitee, but pleeeease make sure anyone modeling DOES sign a model release - It'll tell you what both yourself and the photographer are entitled to do with the images. It can be treated as a very flippant thing, but hey, it's worth doing. There's plenty of horror stories out there.

Try to get one photographer to shoot the whole project - I know it's tempting to let a whole gaggle of the photography forum in on it, but you're far better off getting someone who is good (The type of shoots you'll see in a magazine) than leaving 12 cooks spoil a potentially fantastic broth.

Finally and possibly most importantly, Will had better keep his 'tache for the shoot. And lose the emo-hair.

Fajitas! wrote: »
    If you don't mind me sticking my head in for a bit of advice...

A couple of points;

The calender itself - You're obviously going to have to get it printed, but rather than going to a printed and investing €*** for *** amount of copies, only to sell ** of them, and end up with a loss of €***, have a look at sites like www.photobox.com - As far as I'm aware, with Photobox, you can set up an account where the public can buy the calender, and pays both the cost price and a nominal fee (Which would obviously be going to the SSF) - There's other websites out there like RedBalloon (I think), that might work too. It takes Paypal and debit cards too, which usually pleases internet folk.

Secondly, you're going to need to get a basic template made out - especially if you're including a bio/details on each shot - It dosn't need to be anything intricate (In fact, it's much better if it isn't), but having someone with proper design experience will make it work/look a hell of a lot better - Even the simple things like placement of captions and typefaces/sizes. It wouldn't be an especially hard job, but worth doing right.

As far as photographs go - try to go for a 50:50 male:female ratio, the shots don't have to be the height of glamour or 'teh sex' - Make it about the tattoo's, and make it interesting. Go for interesting photos rather than anything else. I know the whole project is for charitee, but pleeeease make sure anyone modeling DOES sign a model release - It'll tell you what both yourself and the photographer are entitled to do with the images. It can be treated as a very flippant thing, but hey, it's worth doing. There's plenty of horror stories out there.

Try to get one photographer to shoot the whole project - I know it's tempting to let a whole gaggle of the photography forum in on it, but you're far better off getting someone who is good (The type of shoots you'll see in a magazine) than leaving 12 cooks spoil a potentially fantastic broth.

Finally and possibly most importantly, Will had better keep his 'tache for the shoot. And lose the emo-hair.
    And his fireman tattoo!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 385 ✭✭Shamanic

il help out any way i can, pictures or whatever :)

i wanna get started already:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

This sounds really exciting :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭BOHS

I'll help anyway I can as well

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭Sean7

Hey, not on the net much these days but willing to help out anyway I can. And if you want some wang in your calender, I do enjoy getting it out for a good cause.

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭earleuginedoyle

someone should do some looking into charity calenders out this christmas.....

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Aww, I'd be well up for this but am in a different country :(

Advertisement