Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

charity tattoo and piercings calendar

Options
  • 05-11-2009 12:38am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭

as some of you may have seen in the Challenge a boardsie for the Santa Strike Force II over in after hours ive suggested a tattoo and piercings calender for charity,would anyone like to take part?it doesnt have to be just girls,even if youd like to help out in other aspects of getting it running show your support!:D

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

If it goes ahead and it's not just girls I could take care of two goals in one, Be topless in a calender and to get get suspended. Otherwise I volunteer for Body inspecter :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

I will help, im not much of a model though.

What will we need?

a photographer
    models for each month

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

well il do it and raze is up for it 2 months down 10 to go ;) huzzah! il try find a photographer

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'd help out whatever way I could :)

Also need to get it printed and sold somehow, all before the new year...

may look into reads on nassau st or something, hmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

Minidazzler has linked me to this for some reason! :confused:

I ain't no photographer but I did study it in college for two years so if ye get desperate....! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Will's in too, why not 6 guys 6 girls if we can?

I'm booking october, it's my bday month :D

Can also be group shots, doesn't have to be 1 person to a month.

best way of selling it? o.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,900 ✭✭✭rannerap

we could sell it over boards? dibs on march! MY birthday month:D and cheers for the offer novella!

i'm looking at the reads website now.

we have techies, designers, artists on this forum, can come up with designs pretty handy i think

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

Will wrote: »
    best way of selling it? o.0

Best way of selling it is to chose who your market is and bear them in mind when taking the photographs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

its quite late in the year to be organising this tbh.

From my experience in retail, people tend to buy calendars (especially the charity ones) in nov and dec, for christmas gifts and whatnot.

Im happy to help out but if you want to get them into shops and selling I'd recommend wrapping this up within a week.

Not trying to be a negative nelly just would hate to see y'all work really hard then it not work out.

the best of luck with it! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Id help out in any way I could:)
    Good idea.

i sort of agree with molby, would need a huge rush on this.

maybe something along the lines of the photography forum and their book, the forum is choc full of various art, why not get a small book together with members pics of their ink and piercing, and a small back story.

that way there doesn't have to be a time limit and a bit more timeless than a calendar. What think ye?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,264 ✭✭✭Cookie Jar

Will wrote: »
    i sort of agree with molby, would need a huge rush on this.

maybe something along the lines of the photography forum and their book, the forum is choc full of various art, why not get a small book together with members pics of their ink and piercing, and a small back story.

that way there doesn't have to be a time limit and a bit more timeless than a calendar. What think ye?

Yeah i agree with this. Each person can say a little about their piercings/tattoos and what inspired them, how they came up with ideas etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

Yo, I'll pose for the camera.
    Not that my mods are very noticeable... haha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,584 ✭✭✭PCPhoto

I have volunteered to do the shoot or at least some of the calendar - which will hopefully be shot underwater (dont know what the pic will be yet).

I'm sure you'll find loads of excellent volunteers in the photo forum....but I get mine in first :D

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I'm with Will, the book might be a better idea, and targetting it for NEXT YEARS Secret Santa drive would be a better idea than trying to hastily cobble something together in time to sell it for this years one!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Molberts

oh good I was afraid I would come off as mean when really I just wanted to help. :o

i was asked to model for a charity calendar last sept/oct and they had to shelve it cos there wasnt enough time :(

Theres several hoops to jump through that I can think of:

red tape, funding and time.

*picking the charity - there may be red tape to get authorisation which may take time
    *funding - wheres the upfront cash for the printer and so on to come from?
    *how many to print - When I order 10k flyers for my business its usually only about 100 quid more than a run of 1k so it makes sense to get the bigger run, but that leaves us with more to sell and no one wants to be throwing out stock :(
    *time - it will take time to do the shoots, proof the pics, get the overall designed and proofed at the printers.

Damo's idea of doing it for next christmas seems like a good one imo.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,905 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

I'll throw my hat in the ring for the book, once it's a tight shot of the tattoo/piercings and nothing else is visible :o

• Advertisement

I'm not trying to derail or steal the thunder at all, just a brainwave, if people think they can pull off the calendar i say go for it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

I have to agree.
    Starting now and getting it done for next Christmas would be the best idea.

Anyone have any ideas for fund raising?
    I don't really get much free time but what I do get I can put into this.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,686 ✭✭✭Kersmash

Fantastic idea, I'd so buy a nice book like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭Jemmy

PCPhoto wrote: »
    I have volunteered to do the shoot or at least some of the calendar - which will hopefully be shot underwater (dont know what the pic will be yet).

I'm sure you'll find loads of excellent volunteers in the photo forum....but I get mine in first :D

Wouldn't be model material but I'll help with the photography if needed. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,713 ✭✭✭✭Novella

The book is such a good idea! Will always has to have the limelight!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

Both really good ideas! Ill help however i can

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭lil-evil

I'd be up for it alright, have a nice back piece.

Will also help out with organising if needed

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,331 ✭✭✭Splinter

anything needed Will, you got my number/msn and im on here. im up to help however i can be it photos whatever. im against the idea of a fire performance while nekkid though... learnt from the last time :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,166 ✭✭✭Edgedinblue

Sounds like a really good idea guys! I'm in for the poseyness, if more people are needed for that. if not ill defo help out!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭tread_softly

sounds like a good idea but i do think it's a bit late to do it for this year! if you leave it til next year you'll have more time to perfect it and make it look amazing!

i volunteer myself and mark for photos :D

Advertisement