Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ipoker improvements

Options
  • 04-11-2009 11:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭

Is there an ipoker representative on this boards at all? Someone I could suggest improvements to? These are what I'm suggesting -

1). When you click "Join waiting list" you should be able to filter if you want to play on Turbo tables or not. I mean who cares if you are on a DP or Non-DP table, that option is redundant imo. It could be replaced by Turbo and Non turbo tables as a very high % of players never want to play on Turbo tables and its annoying when a table becomes available and you find out its a turbo and no good to you.

2). The settings you make in the "Join waiting list" dialog should be saved so that you don't have to select them again when you next go to it. For example, every single time I join a waiting list I have to deselect Heads up, 8 players, 10 players (and Id like to deselect EUR and GBP too but I couldn't be bothered as the effort required to click these every times is not worth it when you very rarely will get offered an EUR GBP table anyway). It would be very simple to just save the last used settings and have them as the default for the next time the "Join waiting list" dialog is used. It's pretty bad by usability standards when you have to make 5-7 clicks to join a waiting list when it could be done in 2.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Not sure which skin you're playing on.

Both points have been addressed in the filters of the new version that Paddy Power, Boylepoker, Titan, William Hill etc are already running.

Edit : I'm confused. If you can see the GBP and EUR tables you're on the new software already?

Edit (again) : Yep, set your filters and they're remembered, then just ignore the waiting list options as you've already filtered out the tables you don't want.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 248 ✭✭bSlick

I'm running vc poker which has been updated to the latest ipoker client with the new lobby layout. The filters are not remembered for me. I deselect the options I dont want, wait for a table, join it, and then when I go to join the waiting list again all the options are selected again.

And my first point hasn't been addressed either, you can't select Turbo-Non Turbo tables in the waiting list dialog options.

I think what you are talking about is the lobby filters. I am talking about the waiting list filters. I'm having to make the exact same 5-7 clicks every time I join a wait-list when it could and should be done in 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Yes, I'm talking about the lobby filters, which show as "more filters" or "filters are on".

Use these to select what type of tables you do or don't want, including turbo or non turbo and your choices do get remembered.

The list of available tables will then only include the tables that you like and not the ones you don't, so you don't need to filter them again in the join waiting list dialog.

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭wannabecraig

bSlick wrote: »
    I'm running vc poker which has been updated to the latest ipoker client with the new lobby layout. The filters are not remembered for me. I deselect the options I dont want, wait for a table, join it, and then when I go to join the waiting list again all the options are selected again.

And my first point hasn't been addressed either, you can't select Turbo-Non Turbo tables in the waiting list dialog options.

I think what you are talking about is the lobby filters. I am talking about the waiting list filters. I'm having to make the exact same 5-7 clicks every time I join a wait-list when it could and should be done in 2.

Do you use a mod on you VC client? If so does it work with the newly updated client?

Grafter wrote: »
    Yes, I'm talking about the lobby filters, which show as "more filters" or "filters are on".

Use these to select what type of tables you do or don't want, including turbo or non turbo and your choices do get remembered.

The list of available tables will then only include the tables that you like and not the ones you don't, so you don't need to filter them again in the join waiting list dialog.

I go to the Join Waiting list dialog and click first available because when I'm multitabling and want to bring up a load of tables I don't want to be clicking on them one by one in the lobby and joining the waiting list for each one individually. When you click first available the options you select are not remembered and you dont get a choice to deselect turbo tables. You have to keep making the same 5-7 clicks every single time.
    Do you use a mod on you VC client? If so does it work with the newly updated client?

I use minimaxmod and it works fine with the udpate.

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3 Dave01

Is there any way to get rid of the focus steal when playing a number of tables? As I'm typing a note on a player and action occurs on another table and then i'm typing in the chat window of another table?

Anyway of preventing this? (I'm using Vista, HEM and tablehighlighter.ahk, btw)

Another thing that annoys me about the software is the amount of pointless windows I need to click ok on when I'm starting a SnG, surely they can just get rid of these? Any scripts out there to auto click these?

Cheers,
    Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭pooman

Any chance of a decent random card generator?

Or does the underdog ALWAYS win all in preflop? :confused::confused::confused:

EDIT: AA vs A5 all in preflop... 565 flop.. hmmm

Bumping this thread as this is really getting to me lately. Is no-one else annoyed when multitabling that you have to keep clicking the same boxes every time in the Join Waiting List dialog? Is no-one else annoyed that when you join a waiting list for certain types of tables you dont get to filter out Turbo tables and then naturally you get offered a Turbo table which you then have to refuse and go and repeat the process again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

bSlick, you have to filter out Turbo tables BEFORE you click "Join Waiting List". If you do that (from the main "Filters" option just under the "Quick Seat" tab), then the turbo tables should disappear from the lobby entirely.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,822 ✭✭✭tipp86

Ok i just played my first five minutes since the update.

I hate the new resizable tables.

1. Cant turn of avatars.

2. Windows have to be manually brought to mini view everytime.

These are my two main pronblems. I have just bought a new laptop and had no problem playing 9 tables with small overlap last week.

I really couldnt handle 6 tables just there under this new update.

Am i alone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭cokedrinker

tipp86 wrote: »

1. Cant turn of avatars.

These are my two main pronblems. I have just bought a new laptop and had no problem playing 9 tables with small overlap last week.

Am i alone?

At least we can now select the same seat for each table - its a good job the next MMM update will allow us to disable the avatars

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

At least we can now select the same seat for each table - its a good job the next MMM update will allow us to disable the avatars

I've just tried out the new tables there now on ipoker but there are a few strange things happening when i change seats though, like for example here:

102182.jpg

102183.jpg

As you can see from the second pic there are 6 players, but only 4 are in view - and no matter where i move to i can never see all of us and when i do move seat - i'm the only one moving - as in i can move to the person on my left's left - while he doesn't - the play goes as normal but its messed up.

Anyone else havin this problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 29 kingspoofer

does anyone think i poker rigged and whats the best site to play where u can withdraw with laser bar Ipoker? :mad::mad:

does anyone think i poker rigged and whats the best site to play where u can withdraw with laser bar Ipoker? :mad::mad:

FTP

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭The Snapper

Are they rolling this out by skin or are the changes now updated network wide

Are they rolling this out by skin or are the changes now updated network wide

Skin by skin from what i can see.

Skin by skin from what i can see.

Thanks, I guess a by skin schedule would be a huge request to make from ipoker and most likely futile

• Registered Users Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

Thanks, I guess a by skin schedule would be a huge request to make from ipoker and most likely futile

Playtech cant force you to go live. We could have been live since last week but there is a VERY nasty bug in the current release and we are waiting for a fix on it before we consider our next move.

Skins decisions to go live is probably down to their tolerance of bugs/annoyances in the software.

Playtech cant force you to go live. We could have been live since last week but there is a VERY nasty bug in the current release and we are waiting for a fix on it before we consider our next move.

Skins decisions to go live is probably down to their tolerance of bugs/annoyances in the software.

whats the BUG?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭BHW

1. Cant turn of avatars.

Am i alone?

same here, i can hardly see the numbers with 6 tables, before i could handle 9tables

• Advertisement

Ace2007 wrote: »
    whats the BUG?

I couldnt see the pics cos you seemed to post them wrong but basically what you reported in the BBV at the weekend. I recreated the same bug myself.

BHW wrote: »
    same here, i can hardly see the numbers with 6 tables, before i could handle 9tables

Im going to move for the month i think. Im currently taking some of my money elsewhere. Not really even sure where.

GJP havent updated the skin yet so i could spend a week or two there. Everest is another possibility just to see what its like.

I prefer i poker at the end of the day so il be back once its playable.

Im even in bad humour over the fact ive missed 7 or 8 hours play last night and today due to not been able to get money moved around.

Il most likely have to use personal money to fund my new site tomorrow.

I couldnt see the pics cos you seemed to post them wrong but basically what you reported in the BBV at the weekend. I recreated the same bug myself.

Can you see theres problems for multi tablers with the new update?

I would consider the update as been nice for a 1 or 2 table player as everything looks a lot prettier.

Can you see theres problems for multi tablers with the new update?

I would consider the update as been nice for a 1 or 2 table player as everything looks a lot prettier.

yes - I can show you any one of 50 emails dating back to maybe August where I am raising issues with card sizes and layout for this release. I was, and remain still, very extreme in my views.

fixed that photo, didn't add it as an attachment just as a pic,

My point is one of sharing information with customer base proactively

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭suilen

Looks like the guy behind minimaxmod is gonna make a mod for the new software too, hopefully it wont be too long after the software goes live on all sites. http://minimaxmod.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90

• Closed Accounts Posts: 356 ✭✭Mullicker

MMM guy said he could have something ready by next weekend when i asked on 2+2.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭72over

What I really wanna know is what's ipoker's connection to the Klu Klux Klan?

ipokerkkk.jpg

thth687926.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,026 ✭✭✭applehunter

Why can't I minimise the table to the desktop like any other windows window.

I am not a fan of these "improvements" at all.

Was planning on leaving ipoker anyway so it doesnt really make much of a difference.

Advertisement