Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New build question

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭guideanna

Mellor wrote: »
    An extension type structure 9ie a projection) to the rear is one thing, but an increase by 40sqm (uniformly to rear or side) is different. I can't see a way to separate them, in a legal sense if it was allowed.

Always cover your ass with a piece of paper.

Can i just clarify that it is an extension off the rear of the house we want,

• Registered Users Posts: 14,545 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

guideanna wrote: »
    Hi All,

Sorry only getting back now, i got the regulations posted out to me but they didn't highlight the bits relative to my query. Just rang them there to (triple) check and was told in relation to the house extension:
    Ref Regulations Class 1 part a) where the house has not been extended previously, the floor area of any such extension shall not exceed 40sq m.

and in relation to the garage:
    Ref Class 3
    All this was dealt with in post No.8.
    No where in the regulations supplied to me from Wexford Co Co, planning dept, does it state that i cannot build my extension or my garage WHILE building my house.
    This was established shortly after the current regulations coming into force.
    I clarified this on the phone and will take your advise of also requesting by email or letter.
    Am meeting architect tomorrow to have our amends made and get the garage plan done.
    The council needs to clearly state that you can construct your exempted development WHILE constructing your house.

I believe they cannot/will not do this.

Well as I have said Uncle Tom, they have told me over the phone (the planner directly not just the clerk), that i AM allowed to do the garage AND the extension at the same time as the build.
    I will have to request this in writing now since everyone here is of the opinion that i am incorrect but if i am mistaken then there must be some serious issues over in the Wexford planning office because they have confirmed this 3 times on the phone to me now.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

No where in the regulations supplied to me from Wexford Co Co, planning dept, does it state that i cannot build my extension or my garage WHILE building my house.
    And theres nowhere in the regulations that state that you cant build a manure pit outside of the front door either, but guess what?.......You cant!

Eh very constructive Muffler...cheers! :rolleyes:

Anyways, the plans have now been changed, the engineer is happy to sign off and says he has come across this before where the planning board will agree over the phone and there has never been any problems on houses he's worked on.
    I'm happy that i'm keeping within the regulations, and i'm not breaking any laws or upsetting anyone.
    Thanks for all the advise on this topic though as i'm glad i checked up on everything to get my facts straight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,823 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Eh very constructive Muffler...cheers! :rolleyes:
    It was equally as constructive as your interpretation of the regulations.

Advertisement