Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Whats the chances...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

If what jtsuited is saying above is true about Johnny blowing a fuse at many people (I havn't been on long enough to know), then he doesn't really have a case about him being "bullied". That's like giving someone a slap and complaining when you get hit back. It doesn't work like that. If you're going to have a go at other people, you have to accept it when they have a go at you in return.

jaysus sure he was only banned about 2 or 3 weeks ago for blowing a fuse in a couple of threads at once (one in the clubbing section, one here). called someone a pr1ck. actually i'll find the thread because it's a fairly good example.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055699582&page=2
    and that's a relatively mild one compared to the good aul days when it was just me and sean nash calling him out.

oh and this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055698747

just to show that it's not just us arrogant ketamine music loving twenty-somethings who have a problem with jonny.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,330 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

jtsuited wrote: »
    contant smart remarks at jonny by me and others are just a reminder of the type of idiocy he comes out with on a constant basis. it is not to 'harm or intimidate' him. So it's not bullying.
    Its not bullying? Really?
    Cyber-bullying can be as simple as continuing to send e-mail to someone who has said they want no further contact with the sender, but it may also include threats sexual remarks, pejorative labels (i.e., hate speech), ganging up on victims by making them the subject of ridicule in forums, and posting false statements as fact aimed at humiliation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

Daroxtar wrote: »
    Its not bullying? Really?

oh right so now it's not bullying it's this new 'cyber-bullying' thing i'm being accused of?

well if so then that's a legal accusation you're making so I await a solicitor's letter from the interested parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

jtsuited wrote: »
    jaysus sure he was only banned about 2 or 3 weeks ago for blowing a fuse in a couple of threads at once (one in the clubbing section, one here). called someone a pr1ck. actually i'll find the thread because it's a fairly good example.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055699582&page=2
    and that's a relatively mild one compared to the good aul days when it was just me and sean nash calling him out.

oh and this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055698747

just to show that it's not just us arrogant ketamine music loving twenty-somethings who have a problem with jonny.

After reading those I can't really agree with Daro in defending him from being 'bullied', just because a few lads saying that only 16 year old culchies listen to Hardstyle, whatever you're referring to. His abuse and the general slagging that goes on are on two different levels like.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Okay

There does seem to be some valid points being made here, also a lot of nonsense. Before things get even further out of hand though I'd like a chance to sort of the light from the noise.

I gotta say though that I dont see any great problems with this forum, and judging by the number of reported posts (or lack of) that seems in the main to be backed up.

Im locking this for now, as I wont have a chance to fully review till a bit later, when I'll tidy it up a bit, and see where we go from there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,540 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Sorry about the delay in posting this.

I think its best to leave it closed as its just raking over stuff and making an issue where there genuinely doesnt appear to be one judging from the feedback we recieve through reported posts and elsewhere.

What I will say is if anyone has a problem with a post in future, report it please and myself and Zascar will review it. Thats not to say that we will agree that the post is out of place but it will be reviewed and if neccessary removed. We do not want to stiffle people having banter and bit of craic, but abuse wont be tolerated.

In terms of the forum in general, I think the time will come shortly for another general feedback thread. A 'what do you want from this forum' thread. Its been a while and would be good to capture all members input. I'll speak to Zascar and arrange this over the coming weeks.

For now if anyone doesnt feel the above is fair please drop me a line

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement