Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do people study so much every school day?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭Ste234

Really?, I know a few who gave it up but not sure if they found it hard or just didnt like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Ste234 wrote: »
    Really?, I know a few who gave it up but not sure if they found it hard or just didnt like it.
    Plus my teacher said it has to be word for word out of the book or else you get a big fat zero:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Daragh101

theowen wrote: »
    Plus my teacher said it has to be word for word out of the book or else you get a big fat zero:rolleyes:

he/she is telling you fibs....:D

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Daragh101 wrote: »
    he/she is telling you fibs....:D
    Yes he/she is
    It has to be word for word out of the MARKING SCHEME

but not previous marking schemes...........they like to change em ya see.

Get onto Keith Barry or Derren Brown maybe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭theowen

Yes he/she is
    It has to be word for word out of the MARKING SCHEME

but not previous marking schemes...........they like to change em ya see.

Get onto Keith Barry or Derren Brown maybe
    So, it just has to have the key words?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭orangetictac

Well, I can't really give advice because I didnt do as well as I probably should have in Economics.
    But the general consensus is that the marking schemes are very volatile and the correctors are strict.
    Maybe someone who got an A1 could help?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Irishtrojan

its about optimizing your study. I do 3 hours at most a day including homework and have been getting solid B's in all my tests. I'll step it up soon but no need to overwork if you know what your doing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Homicidal_jesus

:eek::eek::eek: am I the only person who's just doing homework after school and not doing any study yet? DEAR GOD!!!!

dont worry i was the same as ya and im in 1st yr ucc now so no panic ha:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 383 ✭✭HUNK

I'm surprised many people treat Homework and study as two seperate things. I usually just break subjects into half hour or 1 hour intervals. If I'm doin' Biology lets say, I would do it for about 30 minutes. If my Bio homework takes me 20 mins, I revise for 10. If it takes 30, I revise for none. If it takes longer, it takes longer.

Usually there isn't enough time to do extra on weekdays. The weekends are good for catch up and revising though. Chances are you'll be given heaps to do at the weekends anyway, but if you start early enough you won't be limited as much time-wise. I normally use weekends to revise whatever was covered that week. Even if its just 5 or 10 minutes of revision its still something. Don't feel bad if can't get any revision done during the weekdays. Just make sure you do whatever homework is given to you and make sure you do it WELL.

If you're only in 5th year, just do your homework well and that should be enough. If you're in 6th do the same and do some study at the weekends. Increase the amount you do at the weekends (another hour or two) every term.

Anyway, I find breakin' it up into block periods helps a ton. Try it for a week or two and see if it works for you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 iNigel

If you were to add up all the hours I spent studien in my whole life it wouldn't even be "5-6 hours"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Does anyone find biology just so boring to study?? Well at the beginning of da year study was going brillant like....but then da whole pressure of leaving cert get really to me so had a wee break-down but now im ready to get back to the studying as well as the homework!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,761 ✭✭✭Lawliet

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Well at the beginning of da year study was going brillant like....but then da whole pressure of leaving cert get really to me so had a wee break-down but now im ready to get back to the studying as well as the homework!
    A break down? Jeez it's only two months in, what are you going to be like next May!

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭LovexxLife

Lawliet wrote: »
    A break down? Jeez it's only two months in, what are you going to be like next May!
    Da thing was it didn't actually hit me till a while That i was actually doing the Leaving..but sure it all happy times with the books now:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 LOIfootball

It's only the Leaving Cert. Relax, there are more important things.

• Registered Users Posts: 362 ✭✭postalservice

LovexxLife wrote: »
    Does anyone find biology just so boring to study?? Well at the beginning of da year study was going brillant like....but then da whole pressure of leaving cert get really to me so had a wee break-down but now im ready to get back to the studying as well as the homework!
    Have no fear:D
    That happened me too LC 07/08
    Was getting so much homework, I had no time for Tv or anything.
    One night was really bad, was worrying how I was gonna get through the year....in October id say.

After Xmas it gets way easier imo
    Mid terms(esp if before the mocks) and a couple weeks off before exams are your friend:)

Advertisement