Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it dangerous to dabble?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Well, as they say... no time like the present. I just about remember my first time going to Charleville, was over 5 years ago now. Keep an eye out for investigations that are announced here as there should be a couple by the end of the year. I'm 50-50 on organising one myself, although it's not likely I shall be organising any investigations as I haven't really got enough time now to organise anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 513 ✭✭✭leddpipe

No, it isnt!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

Sometimes i think my 3 & a half yr old is possessed !!lol ! but i have a certain interest in th paranormal 34 yrs on this planet and still have not seen a ghost or witness things moving, have taking the odd photo which have been a bit different and i also lived in a house that my mum heard something coming from my room crashing down on the floor then somehow ended up on my bed i was else where so missed the whole thing! But maybe some people can but the only time i'd see dead people was if i worked in a mortuary!

• Registered Users Posts: 16 scribeX

Well thats it folks! I am not going to read anymore or even meet trouble half way! I know that I am highly strung and HIGHLY suggestable but last night I had a terrible feeling that I wasnt actaully asleep (although I was) and something came over to the bed and stuck something really long and sharp and very very thin like a needle right into my heart - I sat bolt upright with pain and nothing at all was there. Nothing in the room, and nothing at the point of pain, not even a dot of blood or pin-prick mark althougth it felt so real! I have been trying to appease myself that it was indigestion or something but this is exactly what I was sort of afraid of - these little unexplained interactions that can be dangerous (and more than a bit painful too!) Because I am curious though (and we all know what that did to the cat) I am going to keep checking in on here as now I know that these things are real.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

scribeX wrote: »
    Well thats it folks! I am not going to read anymore or even meet trouble half way! I know that I am highly strung and HIGHLY suggestable but last night I had a terrible feeling that I wasnt actaully asleep (although I was) and something came over to the bed and stuck something really long and sharp and very very thin like a needle right into my heart - I sat bolt upright with pain and nothing at all was there. Nothing in the room, and nothing at the point of pain, not even a dot of blood or pin-prick mark althougth it felt so real! I have been trying to appease myself that it was indigestion or something but this is exactly what I was sort of afraid of - these little unexplained interactions that can be dangerous (and more than a bit painful too!) Because I am curious though (and we all know what that did to the cat) I am going to keep checking in on here as now I know that these things are real.
    Wow man... You acknowledge that you're "highly suggestable", you have a rather mundane and normal experience (heartburn), and acknowledge that it felt exactly like heartburn and left no physical mark so probably was, and then go on to say it's unexplained and that you're gonna keep checking into the Paranormal forum as a result?!!!??

I don't know what to say to people with that frame of mind except that you will no doubt have many more paranormal experiences during your life ! It's inevitable, since you're clearly very eager to have one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16 scribeX

Oh good heavens no - there have been LOTS of odd things happening here in my life and surrounds since about April - this was just the final straw, thats all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭smelltheglove

I dont often post here but I can relate to the op. I am a huge scaredy cat, I'm even afraid of the dark:o but I have a huge interest in paranormal activity. I was told by people previously I was an old soul etc etc and could be opne to things, whether it is true or not I do not know and once whilst in the midst of sleep parlysis that lasted months I decided sure why not read a couple of books. I couldnt. I was scared stupid. The Charleville castle opportunity has arisen a couple of times on the photography forum but I couldnt bring myself to join.

But there is a twist....

My first house I bought for myself and my then 1yr old daughter in Navan. From the day I occupied the house I could not bring myself to stay there alone with myself and my daughter. I had 2 friends who would alternate staying with me, I would also spend a night or 2 at my mams house. On the odd ocasion that I was in the house without my daughter and a friend didnt show up I could not sleep until the sun rose, I would shiver in my bed with the heating up full and constantly felt presence. I was scared stupid.

The first time we realised something was shortly after my now husband moved in. He went off and my daughter at 2 now saw someone in the kitchen, she was scared stiff, she would not let go. To cut a long story short things escalated. There was outstanding fear for the first few weeks but quickly enough I began to relax more than I did before I knew there was something. I still would find it hard to sleep if my husband was out but not quite as bad as I did initially. Whenever I left an empty house I said goodbye to whoever was there. We had the house 'cleaned' and felt completely safe but in all honesty I have to admit I am more nervous when I am unsure as to what a noise is as when I was when there was something to blame the noise on. The girl we were dealing with to have the hosue cleaned told us she was dealing with a spirit stuck and we had nothing to fear and even though the attic door swung open above our heads on seperate occasions we were happy to accept this. I have never experienced anything of the sort before this occasion apart from my sleep issues which to be honest were far worse and more frightening than this. It was almost a relief to find out that I wasnt imagining things.

Anyway, just wondering, I have spoke about it in sleeping and dreaming before and read very indepth about sleep paralysis and I know there are many beliefs but I would be interested to know if anyone reading this thinks it is in any way paranormal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

I am a huge scaredy cat,
    I'm even afraid of the dark:o
    I have a huge interest in paranormal activity.
    I was told by people previously I was an old soul etc etc and could be opne to things,

Do you think when you combine all of these things, it might make you a bit more likely to see mundane and ordinary events in a paranormal 'light' ? Maybe consciously or unconsciously, you attribute normal sounds and occurances to a ghostly presence?

Dave! wrote: »
    Do you think when you combine all of these things, it might make you a bit more likely to see mundane and ordinary events in a paranormal 'light' ? Maybe consciously or unconsciously, you attribute normal sounds and occurances to a ghostly presence?

You'd think and yes I would have said so previously but I felt different in that house, I really did, I had a huge fear I had never felt before. When things started to fit into place its was not me that stitched them together it was my daughter initially and then my husband had some strange happenings also, i.e. radio blaring that screechy noise like its being interfered wsith even though it was plugged out, another occasion when we were in bed a wand toy that activated on movement kept going all night, we went downstairs to see what was up but it was just sitting there on top of other toys, it was the tyoe that needed a good shaking. That night we ended up taking the batteries out because it kept going.

I am still a scaredy cat, always will be, I can pinpoint a few reasons why but my interest is huge in the paranormal and more so because of the experience in that house. The girl who 'cleaned' my house did so at no charge, after a while I decide to go to her for a readin and I tell you, she told me some things that she could not have known without knowing me personally, and they were not from my past they were plans for my future. One night I had a small experience, cloud of dust sort of thing whilst walking through the sitting room, then a bulb blew very quickly after that, it was late on a wednesday, she called me the very next day asking what happened, she said she knew something had happened the previous evening, something that may have been significant and wanted to see if she was right, I have no doubt in my mind about what happened in that house.

The sleep parlysis thing can be put under a variety of explanatiions I know and I can accept I may never know why it happens, why I suffer such horrendous occurences whilst I am in the midst of one I just wonder what other people think of it. I hope it is not paranormal to be honest because if it were I kinda would know who it was and the thoughts if it sicken me but I have learnt how to overcome it, I'd want to considering the amount of years I have been suffering from it but it would be good to hear what others who are open to paranormal think about it.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

@ smelltheglove. Thanks for posting that here, its interesting. I can see why youd've been scared with stuff like that going on. I lived like that for a long time, couldnt sleep in the dark, jumping at odd noises, curious things happening in the house and around me generally. I have had the same thing with kids toys too. Woke up in the middle of the night to one of their electronic gizmos yabbering away, I thought it mustve fallen and come on, but no. It was sitting in the middle of the floor, nothing near it. Small stuff like that can really spook you. :D

I cant remember a time prior to the age of 27 that I didnt feel an underlying fear of something I couldnt put my finger on. I had to have people around in order to feel safe, day or night. Now, some might call that a psychological problem, but the cure was interesting. I stopped being afraid of spirits/ghosts, and paranormal things. The reason is too long winded to go into here, and all I really wanted to share was that when you let go of thinking 'they' mean you harm or can frighten you, it takes all the spookiness away. Once you look at it clearly, the big awful terror becomes something very small and irrelevant. If you feel something, you can go 'oh bugger off, Im washing my hair'.:D

• Advertisement

Oryx wrote: »
    I cant remember a time prior to the age of 27 that I didnt feel an underlying fear of something I couldnt put my finger on. I had to have people around in order to feel safe, day or night. Now, some might call that a psychological problem, but the cure was interesting. I stopped being afraid of spirits/ghosts, and paranormal things. The reason is too long winded to go into here, and all I really wanted to share was that when you let go of thinking 'they' mean you harm or can frighten you, it takes all the spookiness away. Once you look at it clearly, the big awful terror becomes something very small and irrelevant. If you feel something, you can go 'oh bugger off, Im washing my hair'.:D

lol, I do that now, I guess you get tired of it after a while. I guess the thing that always got me was the fact that these experiences in my paralysis were so terrifying and full of harm so when I decided to start reading up on these along with paralysis it scared the crap out of me to think that there could have been something there trying to scare me, its been a while since I learnt to pull myself out of the sleep paralysis so I am not too afraid of it anymore, I am so aware of the feelings I can combat it, I guess maybe it is time that I look deeper into these things now that I am past that stage. Things liek creaking floorboards etc havent bothered me since my experience in that house.

Can anyone recommend any books to start off reading? Or the type of book to go for I knwo there are tonnes of different types, I still have a couple loying around somewhere that I picked up but it would be handy to go on recommendations.

Advertisement