Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

You can add Skylark Air to that list of airlines :P

(Ive become addicted already)

Running two CRJ700ERs doing Dub-Paris and Dub - Stokholm

4 ATR-42s serving Rekyavik, Rome, London and Berlin.

(It took me a hard time to decide to sell the 738... For a new airline, its one jet, and too pricy to run and operate.... more smaller aircraft, higher passenger throughput in the same timeframe, faster turn arounds, and more trips... atleast thats my principal, based on the ryan scare school of airline operation....

catch em on a wire, spin em around and cat shot them back into the skies... time on the ground costs money.

50$ fuel? God damn it >>

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭joegriffinjnr

Im still following the AM fast track guide and Im 8 DC10,s short of 100 aircraft. In my fleet I have

50 DM
    42 DC10

When I reach the 100 mark I am going to go my own way. Im looking at the 767-200ER. I am hoping to have the remaining few DC10,s in service over the next few hours.

Northern Star Airlines.

Edit: Northern Star Airlines have signed a deal with boeing for 10 B767-200 ER aircraft. 'These aircraft will open up new routes out of our London hub to the Middle east and Asia', CEO Joe Griffin said. The first aircraft is expected to enter traffic late Sunday night/early Monday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 613 ✭✭✭Darius.Tr

I just replaced my last DM's with A380's , and the stock is up to $201 :)

Currently the fleet is like this:

A380-800 -x33
    Concorde -x1
    Il-86- x50
    B747-400ER -x1
    DC-10-10 -x50
    Il-96-400 -x100

How do people end up with this many planes? :S Thats huge... 50 of this... 30 of that...people using money buying or at this years? I feel humble with only 8 regionals... :(

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Firekitten wrote: »
    How do people end up with this many planes? :S Thats huge... 50 of this... 30 of that...people using money buying or at this years? I feel humble with only 8 regionals... :(

Ways and means........
    Errr- if you look earlier in this thread- there was a link to a handy little script you could use to automatically send your planes out as soon as they came into land- it ran via greasemonkey. I'm sure its been disabled a long time ago- but over time (it took me 7 months) I got my fleet up to 400 aircraft- and I've almost managed to change it entirely to Airbus aircraft- I've a few Boeing 737s that I haven't replaced yet........

Having a quick turn-around on your planes is critical to generating the income you need to get into fuel efficient longhaul- and once you start on longhaul- its a self replicating thing.........

You can buy your way into the game- but its far more fun to persevere and build up your fleet over time.........

• Advertisement

Active Airline List

Irish AM Alliance

Seonac Air
    Blue global airlines
    Maybe Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Northern Star Airlines
    Aer Airways
    Livergy Airlines
    Airpen Airways
    Boards A&A Airways
    Nes Air
    Airpen Airways
    Mantis Air
    Dan Aer Airlines
    SuperDave Airlines
    Donegal Air
    Eirjet Airways
    XL airways
    SouthDublin Airways
    Mile Higher Airlines
    Bockscar Airlines
    Airlingus Airlines
    Penairways Airlines
    Skylark Air
    Jettragic Airlines

Updated 26-06-11 @ 21:15

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭stevie06

Can you add Jettragic Airlines to the list please

Northern Star Airlines have taken delivery of its 50th and final DC10 type aircraft bringing the fleet altogether to 100 aircraft. We are pleased to announce that delivery of our ten new 767-200ER aircraft is on time and will start to join our fleet at the rate of two a day. Stocks are currently trading at $6.22 and we are stocked up on just under a months of fuel.

Sorted ;)

stevie06 wrote: »
    Trying to tell your customers something ? :P

Smccarrick - I agree on the more fun to do it yourself thing...

my first decision was to bin the stock 738 in favour of a fleet of smaller regionals i could run on more routes, at once, putting more bums on seats... 4 flights with 50 bums on seats, is more than 1 738 at the end of the day... and far more likely than a full house in the big bird.

Slowly paying off... converting upto DC9-40s at the moment, with a mind to step next, to midrange haul types... its an inverse piramid of profit... get more, earn more, but theres less to get, to earn at the start... Im sure it gets easier as it goes, but at the moment, its those struggling early days all companies hate... Hell I even made my pilots bring thermos flasks to save on in flight coffee costs... buggers were drinking me dry.

• Advertisement

I was thinking of buying another 100 of IL96-400's, this would make 200 of them. What you think, is it worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭cdsb46

Northern Star Airlines
    Update

Fleet

Dassault Mercure x 50
    DC-10-10 x 28
    MD80 x 3

We had short leased 3 x MD80 aircraft these are expected leave our fleet today. Over the next 24 hours we are due 22 DC10 aircraft mostly for trans atlantic routes.

STOCK
    Currently at $3.90 (Sold Out)

ROUTE MAP
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=100001561982200

Comments

The fleet will continue to grow with the addition of 22 DC10 type aircraft. Expecting very cheap fuel tonight so will also be saving for that.

Northern Star Airlines
    'Life is a journey, travel it well'

I think I might have had something to your stock selling out, bought 199999 shares lol, maybe someone could invest in me pwwwease :)

• Registered Users Posts: 857 ✭✭✭Corega

Jaysus lads, perhaps I should have mentioned that Bockscar Airlines is trading on the public market. I've been doing fairly well recently. With regards to the Airline Progress chart, from 1 to 11 (whatever that means, hours maybe?) I've gone from $0.20 to $0.30.

Whoever is behind Northern Star Airlines, fair play to you lad, because you are certainly paying me dividends. ;)

Bockscar Airlines current fleet;

4 * ATR 72-210
    3 * Dassault Mercure
    3 * MD80
    3 * ATR 42-600
    3 * ATR 42-500
    1 * AN10
    1 * DC-9-40
    1 * CRJ701
    1 * BAe ATP (longest serving a/c: 113 hours)

We're still working on the Tinian-Nagasaki route, but rest assured it will come to fruition. =)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭davetherave

I gave up on having Dublin as my hub long ago.

Now it's just whatever is the longest most demanded route.
    route_graph_in_air.php?uid=1299878562

302xqg7.png

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,279 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

What are the benefits of using a hub anyway?
    I'm still using Dublin as my hub- without issue.

On a separate note- when is the next reasonable fuel price due? I missed the $50/lb (no, it wasn't Coldplay, it was a 3 week old baby who needed attention :) )

Shane

smccarrick wrote: »
    What are the benefits of using a hub anyway?
    I'm still using Dublin as my hub- without issue.

On a separate note- when is the next reasonable fuel price due? I missed the $50/lb (no, it wasn't Coldplay, it was a 3 week old baby who needed attention :) )

Shane

I think its just a hub achievment and that the map of flights looks good :) I dont use a hub myself, im trying to get the most of my A/C's .

EDIT: As for the fuel price it goes to $400 everyday and it will be at $50 again on 25th of July.

I think the hub benefit means your maintainance times fall, because the aircraft are landing at the same airport as the maintainance hangers?
    Not tested that one out though.

Edit: guys, 400$ fuel.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Macrubicon Air

221 -A380
    120 - B777-300LR
    and a bunch of everything else including the BBJ's
    360 - Total aircraft.

Have worked through the concorde, 200xIL, 200x Boeing etc. for achievements and am moving to a fleet where it's a twice a day dispatch.

Has anyone tried the cargo option ? Waiting on the PAX points to accumulate again to see about buying in.

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=579063938

• Closed Accounts Posts: 688 ✭✭✭Captain Commie

I have been pondering a change to operational tactics, and as all the next flights land they will be cancelled, the MD's will be retired and Donegal Air will be moving to a hub structure, most likely out of New York or somewhere similar. Also converting 1 A340-200 for cargo operations to see how we go with that on. Adjustments will be completed over the next 24 hours.

Skylark Air Press Release

Skylark Air wishes to announce the purchace of two MD80 airliners and 4 more ATR42-600s Extending its european operations, and operating two flights to the United States Eastern Seaboard. Skylark Air now operate 16 routes from Dublin International with its growing fleet.
    Skylark are committed to providing the best service possible, for both customers and investors.

hehe, im getting really into this now :D

• Advertisement

Northern Star Update

Our new 767-200ER aircraft have entered service quicker than expected and can now confirm all 10 are now in service. Shopping around for new aircraft at the mo, looking at another 20 767,s or the 787,8. Might get 20 more 767,s and see what happens then.

Re-organisation of fleet and company complete (for now). Have opened 4 hubs, New York, London, Sydney and Beijing.

Operating a total of 70 a/c from the 4 bases as below

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=620708504

Donegal Air has just taken delivery of 5 new B767-200ER aircraft and have been put to use in routes from our bases in London, Beijing and Sydney bringing our total fleet to 75 with more purchases due in the coming days.

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=620708504

Im planning a major re structure tonight. Any one with shares in northern star are advised to sell. Lots of planes and routes to go however lots of new routes and aircraft will be added

just made 1.7m offa the stock i had, let me know once you have started the re-structure (and shares hit rock bottom) and i'll re-invest.

Although i do have to warn you, that during my re-structure my shares hardly fell much at all

Donegal Air are proud to announce that we have taken delivery of 2 Airbus A380-800 Aircraft and 5 Aerospatiale ATR72-600 Aircraft.

One of the A380 type is currently being converted for cargo operations and will start a schedule sometime on 29th June 2011.

All 7 aircraft will be operating from our Beijing Hub with the ATR's and the remaining A380 already having entered service today.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

Fides Spes Air:

Currently operating a fleet of 35 Mercures on European routes from 3 main hubs (Dublin, Oxford and Edinburgh). That should increase by 10 a day until it reaches 100 and then TransAtlantic operations will begin.

Share price is currently at 40c (up near 20c in the past 2 days), invest now if you'd like to make a quick profit.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=100001079343349

Currently running;

() B737-100 x2
    () B737-200C x2
    () B737-200Adv x3
    () B707 x1

I'm not an 'If it ain't Boeing it ain't going person', but Boeing a/c are far cheaper in this game.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 krusty_10

Fuel is down to $400/1000lbs at the moment.

• Advertisement

donvito99 wrote: »

Currently running;

() B737-100 x2
    () B737-200C x2
    () B737-200Adv x3
    () B707 x1

I'm not an 'If it ain't Boeing it ain't going person', but Boeing a/c are far cheaper in this game.
    Quite agree, ive added 4x 732Adv to my fleet... Nice little mid range/mid capacity workhorse, and cheap at 1.9m to get off the ground.

Puts me upto:
    4x 732 Adv
    6x ATR42-500
    2x CRJ700
    2xMD80
    2xDC9-40

Making nice steady proffit,

Hoping to slowly phase out the DC9s and ATR42s in favour of 732s.

The MD80s are making me more dosh on average though than any other bird. Like them.

Advertisement