Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,280 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

wayne2107 wrote: »
    Not really no. Smaller planes are cheaper. An A380 (Which Ive none of yet!) is around 6 mill. An A319 is 163 thousand. The C check can take anything from 4 hours to a full day.

It works out really well for the larger planes- an A380 costs about 241m but is only 6.5m to c-check.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 167 ✭✭Shane Slv

How much is a c-check, is it cheaper than replacing the plane?

Well a new A321-200 costs 8,154,432
    C- check costs 267,133 and the aircraft is out of service for 6 hours so about another 500,000 in lost profit. So over all in most cases it cheaper to do the c-check.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cubas gratis

I have invested in the following Airlines...

Whicker Airlines
    Manits Airlines
    Walmsley Airlines
    Pisco Airlines
    Midlands Airlines
    Redmen Airlines
    c-aviation Airlines
    Birds Eye Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Ingramash Airlines
    Hick Airlines
    MafiaSkies Airlines
    Vicma Airlines
    SLEV AIR Airlines

Thanks all for the hard work, I have had some very good returns!

Need your help, I am 50,000 shares short of the Stock achievement... If anyone is looking for a solid investment, please give "cubas gratis airlines" a look... I will certainly reciprocate...

Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

I have invested in the following Airlines...

Whicker Airlines
    Manits Airlines
    Walmsley Airlines
    Pisco Airlines
    Midlands Airlines
    Redmen Airlines
    c-aviation Airlines
    Birds Eye Airlines
    Air Striker Airlines
    Ingramash Airlines
    Hick Airlines
    MafiaSkies Airlines
    Vicma Airlines
    SLEV AIR Airlines

Thanks all for the hard work, I have had some very good returns!

Need your help, I am 50,000 shares short of the Stock achievement... If anyone is looking for a solid investment, please give "cubas gratis airlines" a look... I will certainly reciprocate...

Cheers

Just bought 50,000 shares in you.:)

I'm Dubair airlines.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

feckin Airline Manager crashed database this morning when I was trying to kick off flights before running out the door :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Naked Lepper

dont go near the 747-400D

i got it cause of high capacity and thought it would get me good profit

had really short range and only brings in around $500,000 per flight!

costs round 80 million too, better off buying a rake of airbus's or something

ill be selling mine today

• Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭crisco10

feckin Airline Manager crashed database this morning when I was trying to kick off flights before running out the door :mad:

Tell me about it! I think it let me send 40 planes off without me getting the money for them! :mad::mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,404 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

crisco10 wrote: »
    Tell me about it! I think it let me send 40 planes off without me getting the money for them! :mad::mad:

ouch! did it take the fuel for them? just as well it's a free game or there would be hell to pay :)

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

Update for all my investors:
    Tom Barrett airlines is currently trading at $5.05 per share, the fleet is now 16 x B787-8's and the airline is expanding daily. Anyone interested please invest, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

All sold out Tom!!

Like your fleet DubAir.

Got the 747 yesterday, sold it on again for $33 million and put it into an A330-300. Only 1.2 mill per flight!!
    How long before the Dreamliner price goes up??:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Can someone let me know if they can buy shares in Aer Ding now please? Having problems floating :) Currently at around .10 per share.

That search for Air Ding just brought up Air Dingus.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭hugoline

Dingatron wrote: »
    Can someone let me know if they can buy shares in Aer Ding now please? Having problems floating :) Currently at around .10 per share.

Got 200000, found you no problem. it's Aer Ding Airlines (link)

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭gaff85

hugoline wrote: »
    Got 200000, found you no problem. it's Aer Ding Airlines (link)

I just bought 100,000

ouch! did it take the fuel for them? just as well it's a free game or there would be hell to pay :)

Don't know if it used the fuel. have a large stock pile of that so its harder to notice. My cash had dwindled to close to zero having just purchased an a380 or 2. I sent off 3 or 4 loads of planes then noticed my balance was stilll near zero!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭corkandproud

What's the most profitable plane to run between 10-12 hours.

Need to re-plan my fleet now I'm back at work!

Il-96-400 the last time I checked... about 2 Million profit per flight, so close to 4 million per day.
    I currently got 131 of those.. great little working horse :D

Need to re-plan my fleet now I'm back at work!

I have 20+ A330-300s for this very reason. Average flight time of about 11 hours. Payback period is about 14 days. 1.5 mil a flight. 43 mil per plane.

Alternatively get 747-300s and just don't quite use their full range. (full range flight = 13 hours) More pax that way. 747-300 has 80 extra passangers than the Airbus. Payback on these is about the same though. Cost an extra 20 million per plane. (63million)

I don't like the Il96 because they just drink fuel and look ugly. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 cubas gratis

lord lucan wrote: »
    Just bought 50,000 shares in you.:)

I'm Dubair airlines.:cool:

Thanks Dubair!

I don't like the Il96 because they just drink fuel

The profits outweigh the fuel cost
    and look ugly. :D

Can't argue with that one :D:D:D
    (and I agree but I just look the other way when they take off and land)

• Advertisement

hugoline wrote: »
    The profits outweigh the fuel cost

I agree. When you buy fuel at 400 the extra 4lbs/km don't any cost really. Still, I have a green soul. The 3 Dc-10-10 and 2 md80s that i have rankle with me for this reason!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Yay! Thanks guys

I have 20+ A330-300s for this very reason. Average flight time of about 11 hours. Payback period is about 14 days. 1.5 mil a flight. 43 mil per plane.

What routes are you using?
    I bought my first one, put it on the Dublin -Sanya route(distance9982km, range 10,000km) PAX 335 and it yielded about 1.2 mil, demand 94%:confused:

Should I change route?

staker wrote: »
    What routes are you using?
    I bought my first one, put it on the Dublin -Sanya route(distance9982km, range 10,000km) PAX 335 and it yielded about 1.2 mil, demand 94%:confused:

Should I change route?

No thats about right, its 1.5 mil income....Which would yield about 1.2mil. got my numbers mixed up in memory bank. :o

Ahhh, I see, you're right.
    I'm gonna flog her when she gets home, get 1 1/2 787-8's:D

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭childoforpheus

Dingatron wrote: »

Just bought 200,000

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

I agree. When you buy fuel at 400 the extra 4lbs/km don't any cost really. Still, I have a green soul. The 3 Dc-10-10 and 2 md80s that i have rankle with me for this reason!

Ya I know I refuse to fly anything that drinks over 10lbs/km. At the moment anyway cause soon when I start buying the really big jets it's gonna start really eating my fuel.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

Well it's been a long time since we gave an airline update so here goes: yesterday was a momentous occasion as the stock prices passed $1.00 and so any stockholder who invested from the start will be reaping rich rewards! We have now removed our antonov AN-148-100 and closed the short-haul routes an used to the proceeds of the aircraft sale towards buy an Airbus A321-200 of which at the moment we have 3 and hope to use them to replace the Bombardier CRJ something somethings. Just when fuel prices turned cheap recently we purchashed 30million lbs of fuel which should tide us over for a while. Recently MiniKegg started flying trans-Atlantic routes from Cork and so when all the the CRJ fleet is decommissioned the replacement A321-200s will be based in Cork as opposed to Amsterdam. The Singapore hub is opperating without much change. And we have opened our new North American hub in Los Angeles this will be the main area of concentration over the next week. Also we have opened a new ultra long-haul route from Cork-Tokyo which is flown using our first Boeing the 737-700ER but this is only until we can afford the Airbus alternative. As such this is all from us from MiniKegg H.Q. and we wish everyone over the next week happy flying!

Yours in flight,
    Eoin Sheehy,
    CEO of MiniKegg Airlines.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,699 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

RangeAir Airlines would like to reassure all share holders that despite the current cold snap, the airline is operating to full schedule and flights are departing and landing in Dublin and the UK as usual. ;)

Once again RangeAir Airlines would like to congratulate the investors who saw huge potential in our airline and bought in at the $1 mark as the airline expects to pass the $50 mark in the coming days. :cool:

• Advertisement

Because the question about which aircraft to get next comes up quite often I updated and completed a list I made when I started playing.

It contains all the aircraft available at the moment and some 'fancy' calculations (based upon the salaries and fuel costs you can enter yourself) showing how much each plane brings in per flight or day and how long the maximum flight per plane is (in hours)

To use it first click on 'Costs' on the bottom of the page and enter your running costs (fuel price, salaries). Click back on the 'Planelist' and the data should be updated.

Please note, the data was correct as of this morning and can change from time to time (has done so in the past).
    While plane costs, salary calculations and fuel costs are all correct some assumptions for ticket prices (half of the range) and airport taxes (=pounds fuel used in $) have been taken. The resulting costs are roughly correct for most of the planes, especially the larger ones. The assumptions do not work that well for the smaller planes (i.e. business jets) as a different formula for the ticket price is used. If someone wants to correct and enter that data... be my guest.

Hope this list can assist you in making some important decisions ;)

Should be getting my 100th A380 this weekend and will keep buying 4 or more a day in the next month. Shareprices are high (431.26) but will keep raising :D

Xandaer Airlines

Advertisement