Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Facebooks Airline Manager

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭wayne2107

Minikegg airlines has no shares left!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,807 ✭✭✭castie

MULL-AIR is making me a handsome profit shares wise :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭11811

castie wrote: »
    MULL-AIR is making me a handsome profit shares wise :)

Cool, Thanks for investing, should increase a good bit later today with the addition of my first A380-800.

Have some shares in yours now too!

Beat off the winter blues!

Griffair now flying direct from

Dublin , Shannon, Cork and Belfast to Malaga!

Todays Plans:

Our two 787,s will return off lease and will be replaced by our new A350,s.
    Our 737-200 will return off lease and will replaced by a new A318. (Done)
    Our 777 will return off lease and will be replaced by a new A350.
    Our 737-400 will return off lease and will e replaced by a new A320. (Done)

We have 65 Bae 146 type aircraft in our fleet and over time these will all be replaced by A318/319/320/321 type aircraft.

The above changes will only leave 6 x 737-800,s on lease. These have another week left on their lease and then will be replaced by our own A321,s.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭tracker-man

Hey everyone, I'm new to facebook's Airline manager and well... things are slow!!
    I was just wondering if you could give me a few hints/tips to get me started on my to way to having a successful Airline.
    Any help greatly appreciated! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

Hey everyone, I'm new to facebook's Airline manager and well... things are slow!!
    I was just wondering if you could give me a few hints/tips to get me started on my to way to having a successful Airline.

A lot of posters reckon it's best to flog the 737-800 off and invest in more short haul fleet.
    I didn't and it's taking a while to get my share price up,but it's too late to restart now.
    Always buy fuel low (400) and try to advertise on the billboards, it usually pays off.
    Enjoy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

Sell your 737 for how-ever many DC-9-21's you can afford, this means you can fly more flights more frequently, at the start selling off your 737 will hurt your share prices. Only buy fuel when it's at $400 and when it is spend almost all your money on it as chances like it don't come around often, advertise on billboards only as they're the most effective and wait till the prices are at $5,000 and only advertise for 3 days as by then billboards are at $5,000 again . Don't spend your money on titchy planes like the YAK or ATRs save up and wait till you can afford a good big plane that Suits your needs and finally only fly routes with over 90% demand and if demand on one of your flights drops below 90% then it's cheaper to pay $5,000 to close the route and start a new one than to run routes with empty loss making planes.
    These methods may seem a little extreme but trust me they work!

Yours in flight,
    Eoin Sheehy,
    CEO of MiniKegg Airlines.

Ive just started and i find that the 737 is handy for generating cash to buy more planes with a good route.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 54 ✭✭Eoinsheehy

route_graph_in_air.php?uid=100000493514017

The plan for the rest of the year for MiniKegg Airlines is to replace the DC-9-21s on the short haul routes for Airbus A320s and the very short flights will be replaced with ATRs. So far today we've opened up our very first Asian Hub in Singapore at the moment there are 3 planes based there but the hope is to have 9 planes there by the end of 2009. Also all things going to plan we will be opening a South American hub possibly in Brazila but this isn't final. The stock prices have broken the $0.40 mark and shows no sign of stopping. Also last but not least we have introduced a new festive logo.

2znmtco.jpg

Yours in flight,
    Eoin Sheehy,
    CEO of MiniKegg Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 512 ✭✭✭Macers

Well lads,

Read this daily but don't contribute much...

Flaunt Airlines

flaunt400.jpg

Airbus fleet:

59 A340-200
    20 A319 Elite

Route Map:

route_graph_in_airphp.gif

79 routes from 4 main hubs:

Europe: Dublin
    South America: Ushuaia, Argentina
    Africa: Durban, South Africa
    Pacific Region: Auckland, New Zealand

2 new hubs to open in Asia and North America next week.

New A340-200's being added daily. All A319's are on routes out of Dublin as long range market seems to be saturated with everyone on here :D

Investors welcome...

graphphp.png

• Advertisement

Is there any disadvantages to having a negative balance?

Ive found you can seemingly buy stuff once you begin with a positive balance.
    So could this be beneficial as long as you can make it positive shortly afterwards?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 cawan15

invest with suma xbleh airlines..:):):)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,278 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

castie wrote: »
    Is there any disadvantages to having a negative balance?

Ive found you can seemingly buy stuff once you begin with a positive balance.
    So could this be beneficial as long as you can make it positive shortly afterwards?

No advantage. You can go slightly negative when buying planes too- but once you hit a specific threshold, you're stuck until you bring your balance back into positive again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Dublin to Donegal - 6900 KM...WTF??? LOL.

Slight bug in the distance database I think.

Ludo wrote: »
    Dublin to Donegal - 6900 KM...WTF??? LOL.

Slight bug in the distance database I think.

Where does the map show Dublin and Donegal as being? Keep in mind- there are multiple Dublins and Donegals, worldwide (at least 4 Dublins in the US that I'm aware of offhand.......)

smccarrick wrote: »
    Where does the map show Dublin and Donegal as being? Keep in mind- there are multiple Dublins and Donegals, worldwide (at least 4 Dublins in the US that I'm aware of offhand.......)

Both in Ireland..in the correct location and both countries listed as Ireland on the new route screen.

Both in Ireland..in the correct location and both countries listed as Ireland on the new route screen.

In that case- it could be a nice little earner- if the demand is high enough.......

:)

Nice find!

smccarrick wrote: »
    In that case- it could be a nice little earner- if the demand is high enough.......

:)

Nice find!

Dublin at 99% atm

I have a 767 now flying Donegal-Dublin. 8 hours flying time lol.

Dublin at 99% atm

I'd cycle it faster :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 tylero

hey all!

Just started on AM today not quite sure how to build up my airline or which planes to buy at first haha but i'm looking forward to sharing the experience with you all! Any tips are warmly welcomed.

• Advertisement

11811 wrote: »
    Cool, Thanks for investing, should increase a good bit later today with the addition of my first A380-800.

Have some shares in yours now too!

You werent kidding. From 10.82 to 12.12 :)

Why is this?

database distance error were guessing.

downtime for an hour.

fuel was at 400 before it went down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,765 ✭✭✭Panrich

I started on this a few days ago. It is really addictive. I am only at 16c stock value with 5x aircraft. I have 2 ERJ-145LRs and an ERJ 190-200 as well as a BAC 111 500 all with the original B737. I was toddling along nicely until I ran short of fuel and was trying to buy 50K at $2100 to tide me over until the morning a few days ago but I typed an extra 0 to wipe 1.1 million. When money is tight that really hurt. PS Bourke airlines for those that are interested.

ouch thats got to hurt.

Im 2 days old myself with
    737 x 1
    atr 42-500 x 4
    md-9-21 x 2

going good for now :) and 600k stock of fuel :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,991 ✭✭✭Cosmo Kramer

The fuel timings seem to have changed. $400 on a Monday morning doesn't match our table.

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭hick

yarp, but it arrived just in time for me to hit my achievement!
    Will have to keep track though for future ref, 850m lbs won't last forever ;)

Griffair is in the middle of our fleet replacement programme, expect stocks to take a bit of a hit, they will improve and rise again tonight.

Our Fleet:

A319-200 x 13
    A320-200 x 8
    A330-300 x 11
    BAE-146 x 63
    A321-200 x 31
    A318 Elite x 9
    A318-100 x 13
    A340-200 x 18
    A319-100CJ x 12
    A350-800 x 2

As you can see above all leased aircraft have returned off lease.
    A350,s have joined the fleet.

The next step in Griffairs programme is to replace all 63 BAE146 aircraft with A318/319/320/321 airbus aircraft.

Griffair
    Your Airline

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Deacon Blues

Just noticed a message at the bottom of the mailbox tab. 200 bonus pax points due to seasonal goodwill. Click to collect (or click to reject !!!). Nice !!

Barlisand Airlines. $8.53 and rising steadily.

Advertisement