Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Company car for around €28K - Advice

Options
  • 01-11-2009 7:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Im looking for suggestions for a company car for 2010 and have around €28K( I think ) to spend.

As mentioned already I might be getting a 2.0 TD VRs Octavia but in case that falls through what can others suggest?

Must be Diesel.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,309 ✭✭✭VolvoMan

You'd get a very nice Volvo S40 or V50 with a lot of equipment for that price. Other than that, I can't think of another car that would better the Octavia for value besides maybe an Exeo, but you probably wouldn't want the same car again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

I'd imagine you'd pick up a mondeo for that money. Not the most original suggestion but a lovely car to drive, good spec in zetec, massive space and comfortable for those that spend 8 hours a day behind the wheel.

Dont discount it just because its a Mondeo, they're popular for a reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

Is the vehicle being a diesel the only stipulation they put on you?

If it is Im very envious. In 07 I had €24,000 and it could not be more than a 1.6 litre, had to be new and had to be a saloon. I got a VW Jetta from a motor dealers in Tallaght. Very happy with it and sort of went with that after having an Avensis as it didnt look too much like a company car.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I'd imagine you'd pick up a mondeo for that money.

The only Mondeo I would consider is a Titanium X Sport from the UK(don't sell the specific one here)

media?id=1011758576

Irish Mondeo - Not a chance because they do not look as nice as the X Sport

no-image-large.gif
    Seillejet wrote: »
    Is the vehicle being a diesel the only stipulation they put on you?

Must be 2010

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Legacy boxer diesel. you'd get a high spec one for that money. there's a revised model out next year but theyre doing good deals on the outgoing ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,451 ✭✭✭CharlieCroker

not gonna get a titanium x sport for that money.

TBH, i'd be going for the VRS so. Get one with cruise control (dunno if its std) and you'll have a great mile muncher that looks the part too

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Legacy boxer diesel. you'd get a high spec one for that money. there's a revised model out next year but theyre doing good deals on the outgoing ones.

Checked that out and although the spec is good and probably get one for around €24k there is something about the back of it thats puts me off.
    not gonna get a titanium x sport for that money.

TBH, i'd be going for the VRS so. Get one with cruise control (dunno if its std) and you'll have a great mile muncher that looks the part too

X Sport in the UK landed here for €25k. Titanium here is €27k without the sport and looks very different.

Cruise is standard on the VRS.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,395 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

subaru_legacy_st_3.jpg

Perhaps the estate is worth considering?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

VRS takes my money. The Legacy would be very, very tempting though.

BTW, have you checked to see if your employer has any problem with buying from the UK? In my experience, certain employers will have a preference for certain dealers.

• Registered Users Posts: 639 ✭✭✭Seillejet

colm_mcm wrote: »
    subaru_legacy_st_3.jpg

Perhaps the estate is worth considering?

If he is no longer considering family planning :D

• Advertisement

BTW, have you checked to see if your employer has any problem with buying from the UK? In my experience, certain employers will have a preference for certain dealers.

Unsure. I have not asked but considering the UK Vat is lower and would already have been paid on all the UK cars Im looking at and are all either over the 6000kms or 6 months threshold there shouldn't be an issue.

I dont know if they have ties to dealers as they only have two cars on the books currently and both were both in Bandon Volvo(where the owners live) and as the office is based in West Clare I think its open to suggestion.

Berty wrote: »
    Unsure. I have not asked but considering the UK Vat is lower and would already have been paid on all the UK cars Im looking at and are all either over the 6000kms or 6 months threshold there shouldn't be an issue.

I dont know if they have ties to dealers as they only have two cars on the books currently and both were both in Bandon Volvo(where the owners live) and as the office is based in West Clare I think its open to suggestion.

Do they not consider leasing, or even buying straight from a Fleet Co.? We often get a lot of discount off of cars, so they *could* be cheaper than a dealer. Makes more sense from a financial point of view to lease.

Anyhow, as above, the VRS gets my vote, unless you could find a Mondeo Titanium Sport. Although for that price you could probably find 318/320d in the UK, assume they'll let you go over there for it.

Do they not consider leasing, or even buying straight from a Fleet Co.? We often get a lot of discount off of cars, so they *could* be cheaper than a dealer. Makes more sense from a financial point of view to lease.

I asked him about Leasing and he said that because of the massive financial investment in the company they will put the purchase of the two new vehicles(other guy as well) in with the same finance package from the bank.

Berty wrote: »
    I asked him about Leasing and he said that because of the massive financial investment in the company they will put the purchase of the two new vehicles(other guy as well) in with the same finance package from the bank.

Fair play. Not many places do that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,822 ✭✭✭✭EPM

VRS! Or if that fails a run-out Legacy. Nothing can touch either for the money unless you bought used

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,487 ✭✭✭alexmcred

New mazda 3 2.2 150ps Diesel listed as 26,625 on their website.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭Lex Luthor

another one here for the legacy estate....

here's one I got recently...you know you want one...;)

got it for a 500 under your budget

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭GERMAN ROCKS

citroen c5
    opel insignia
    both new fresh designs on the market

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Honda Accord 2.2 Dtec from the UK.

alexmcred wrote: »
    New mazda 3 2.2 150ps Diesel listed as 26,625 on their website.

Too Small - Hatchback

Sport SE / 150ps is not available as a Saloon Mazda 3
    Lex Luthor wrote: »
    another one here for the legacy estate....

here's one I got recently...you know you want one...;)

got it for a 500 under your budget

Im not sure if I can bring myself to drive an estate just yet. :o

• Advertisement

citroen c5
    opel insignia

Citroen - Dont Like

Opel Insignia SRi or Elite only but overpriced at that level.
    bazz26 wrote: »
    Honda Accord 2.2 Dtec from the UK.

I have a Titanium colour ES GT on my list but that goes back to the "Will they let me have a UK car" issue.

saloon so? You seemed sold on the octavia though...in blue?

EPM wrote: »
    saloon so? You seemed sold on the octavia though...in blue?

Saloon. Yes, but I know the VRs is a hatchback but its a big car. The Mazda 3 in my opinion is not.

Im sold on the Octavia but like I said this thread is to find out what I could consider if the VRs falls through.

EDIT Sorry yeah in Race Blue. What else?

look at the Legacy saloon though...i fancy the new grey on the octy...mfsw is def only on dsg though. Checked with the old fella earlier

look at the Legacy saloon though...i fancy the new grey on the octy...mfsw is def only on dsg though. Checked with the old fella earlier

Ah I see

Non DSG

media?id=1012463933

DSG

media?id=1010306360

Parking sensors seen on the bolero? That's class!

Parking sensors seen on the bolero? That's class!

Sweet. Im still more impressed with the SD card Slot. Now if only my Tom Tom SD card would work in there. :D

What is the common price difference between DSG and NON DSG?

Before price reductions about 2k i think. And higher tax too afaik

There's also a cheap chinese version of the VW mfd available that will give sat nav and sd card slot. Loads of happy customers on seatcupra.net. Check out the mk2 Leon section for more info. It'd fit the octavia

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,447 ✭✭✭Heroditas

citroen c5
    opel insignia

Don't they cost more than the OP's limit?

Advertisement