Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

World Series Yanks and Phils

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭Mad_Max

Yeah I don't think he's the automatic 8th inning guy now. Im ok with that in a way. Just go with your best guy at the time in a short series.

He can get his confidence back this inning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Gdep

dear god no

wow, I thought he'd give him stairs and worst case scenario go to mo with a 2 run lead. Come on mo!

thats got to be the end of his post season

I think he'll get more work. We're really trying to win this thing with just CC,AJ,Andy and Mo though.

YES! Great win.

• Advertisement

Nice win. one more win in Philly and i think the series is ours. with CC goin tomorrow i can see it happening. Roll on tomorrow night!!!

wow wow wow. What a game..

I'm gonna be rotten sick tomorrow with so little sleep but for that 9th inning alone I will gladly take it.

Johnny Damon might have earned a contract with one AB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,575 ✭✭✭lord lucan

What a 'mare for Burnett,retired in the 3rd.!!!! Phillies are hitting everything tonight,looks like it'll be back to the Bronx if the Yanks want to win it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Utley deserves MVP even if the Yanks win.

I dislike chase utley :D

Yeah there hasn't really been a standout performer for the yanks so even if they did win Utley would have to be in with a shout. Maybe Mo for the yanks if they win other than that no-one else has done much consistently.

Same thing happened burnett against the angels. Once they decided to jump on his first pitch they had great success. There's such a big deal made about him and 1st pitch strikes that you know he's gonna try and throw a fastball for a strike. Utley never swings at first pitch but was coming out of his boots at the first pitch he seen. Thought molina should have called some more offspead stuff for 1st pitch to keep them off that fastball.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,854 ✭✭✭zuutroy

Problem is Burnett on any given night can have great trouble getting his slow stuff over the plate.

Might have been better than throwing cookie fastballs to fastball hitters.

I was hoping they'd have started Gaudin yesterday. I know it would have been a risk but against Lee I expected a lose anyway(Although 5 runs off him should have been enough to beat him!).

Then AJ on full rest in NY and if needs be CC on short rest again. I'm worried about andy on short rest and wouldnt give it to Gaudin now in case he coughed it up big time and gave the phils the momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭JohnHenry

Pedro back in the Bronx baby!!! I cant wait, what a character. Utley could hit one out onto the Major Deegan!

I think we will see a game 7, great world series so far, unbelievable tactics, excitment, huge moments, its got the lot

I think the Yankees will beat up on pedro tomorrow. Problem is the phillies will do the same to pettitte. Down to the bullpens. And they both seem to be so up and down I reckon Yankees win 9-7. Johnny Damon to steal home for good measure hahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 12 Boomer08

Pettitte to win tonight and retire a Yankee hero.

Who gets MVP, Utley is the only one to stand up so far.

Boomer08 wrote: »
    Pettitte to win tonight and retire a Yankee hero.

Who gets MVP, Utley is the only one to stand up so far.

It'll be Utley unless someone else has an outstanding display AB in game 6(or 7?). Jeter is the only one i can think of that could give Utley a run for his money.

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭The Munky

lord lucan wrote: »
    It'll be Utley unless someone else has an outstanding display AB in game 6(or 7?). Jeter is the only one i can think of that could give Utley a run for his money.

I would a agree now but before game 5 I thought if Lee had another strong game pitching that he could possibly get it should the Phillies go on to win.

If the Yankees win the series tonight with Jeter having a productive AB then he will get it but IMHO Utley deserves the tag MVP. He has single handedly kept the Phillies in this while the bat of Rollins, Howard, Ibanez and Victorino have all been relatively cold. Jason Werth is playing well but Utley is the star of the Phillies and franchises future.

Any idea if Victorino is playing tonight or will his right hand injury keep him out?

Victorino says he is avaialble and ready to play. Its a must win game so they will probably use him, the Phillies need all the bat they can get. As "The Munky" says if Utley has a cold bat tonight I can't see where else the Phillies are going to get the hits.

How much of a difference to both teams will having a DH make tonight.

With Jeter beating Gehrigs record and all i'm leaning towards a sentimental MVP for him,though Utley deserves it both for regular season and WS.

If yanks win tonight pettite might get it. If they win in game 7 id go for damon (.381/4 rbi/ 3 SB and that big AB) or mo if he closes it out.

If phillies utley will get the MVP, the keys to philly, drug tested, a shed load of money etc etc :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭sneem-man

:)Lets Go Phillies !

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭John The Bad

Hi. Is there any way to watch or listen to the game online?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭John The Bad

World Series #27 -- way to go Yankees!

Matsui with the series MVP,great performance by him in game 6. Great performance by the Yanks in game 6,first WS at the new Yankee Stadium and at least i can say i seen the 2009 WS champs in the flesh at Yankee stadium this year!:D

I wonder will Matsui get offered a new contract? He's a free agent now,could do worse than sign him up again!

110409WorldSeries65ACNY011551--500x380.jpg

What a series what a season. Would have given anything to be there last night. I need some sleep now :D

Who saw a 6rbi game from matsui :eek: Whos your daddy pedro.. whos your daddy.

ITS A THRILLA....FROM GODZILLA!

Matsui had a great night but I still think the MVP shouldn't go to a DH

But I'll take the championships whatever we can

To be fair 6 rbi's in such a clutch game has MVP written all over it.

I usually would agree with not giving a DH MVP but when you think he is just sitting there waiting for his turn to come around and to deliever constantly he deserves to be recognised. It must be tough to get in the mindset to just wait your turn and not be part of the action constantly.

His pinch-hit homer was as clutch as can be. Good winner in my book. Glad we won in 6. dont think i could have taken another game.

Now for a long long winter of no baseball :(

• Advertisement
Advertisement