Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Mag Top 100

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭harsea8

I assume this is top 5 of 2009 or is it top 5 ever? Don't want to go contaminating your list with Top Buzz unless it's the latter

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

I'd be a fan of Alkan, I think the new boys noize stuff is even more irritating and scratchy than the last , I just lose patience with it. Meh to Tiga though.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭brianc27

robz18 wrote: »
    They? Erol Alkan is one person...

didnt read it properly, thought you were saying boyz noise and tiga werent in there either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

harsea8 wrote: »
    I assume this is top 5 of 2009 or is it top 5 ever? Don't want to go contaminating your list with Top Buzz unless it's the latter

Yeah 2009

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

look im not gonna lie some of mine were from 2008 but to be honest, i seen/heard them once then and then got into them and theirs's sets and i still rate them now as being in my top 5.

maybe, if there isnt enough votes after the time period, extend it to another 5? although you'd have a **** load on just one vote id say.....hmmm...

• Advertisement

Táck wrote: »
    look im not gonna lie some of mine were from 2008 but to be honest, i seen/heard them once then and then got into them and theirs's sets and i still rate them now as being in my top 5.

maybe, if there isnt enough votes after the time period, extend it to another 5? although you'd have a **** load on just one vote id say.....hmmm...

I never thought about it to be honest, I reckon its just of all time. However mine are relatively up to date as thats what my top five would be now.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

brianc27 wrote: »

i don't understand what you're saying

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

davylee wrote: »
    i don't understand what you're saying

If you have to ask, you'll never know, tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11 PureTallent

Táck wrote: »
    yeah one point per vote. the last thing we want is for deadmaufive to walk it!

Deadmau5 FTW!!! :D

If you have to ask, you'll never know, tbh

What
    A link to you tube with a few comments and videos
    Please spell it out

• Advertisement

davylee wrote: »
    after reading down through all posts i'd be interested to see hust exactly what people's top 10 are?
    I'm only into dance music about 2 years
    I have 3 david guetta albums which are excellent imo.
    From dance music i've listened to, i think he's the best so having him up in the top three would be correct imo.
    But there's so much moaning going on, i would like to see people's top 10's
    maybe introduce me to a new dj or 2
    davylee wrote:
    What
    A link to you tube with a few comments and videos
    Please spell it out

I think he is alluding to that fact that he thinks David Guetta is Tripe, by giving an example of more shite he produced. If after 3 albums bought you still like him well then maybe thats your calling but trust me their are far better producers out their who's track actually have some production value.

I think he is alluding to that fact that he thinks David Guetta is Tripe, by giving an example of more shite he produced. If after 3 albums bought you still like him well then maybe thats your calling but trust me their are far better producers out their who's track actually have some production value.

cheers for spelling it out.
    and maybe there are far better dj's out there but when you like the sound of something, what's the prob with listening to it.
    There's snobbery in every form of music obviously dance is no different (jftr not aimed towards you junkie)
    The amount of people out there who go off some of their "favorite" acts because they become too "commercial"
    kind of frustrating

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Funkatron

Probably one of the worst top 100's of recent years. I don't see how Armin was bigger than Tiesto to start with (rumours are that Tiesto flaked out on the Top 100's party the year he did the Olympics and since then those in charge have fixed the results to reflect their unhappiness ... True or not? Who knows).

Apart from that, this is just a popularity contest at the end of the day. I used to love trance a good few years ago but in my opinion there are way better tech house and tech DJ's around these days. But they are not commercial and there in lies the problem. This chart has become very commercial as the years have gone on and it is just reflecting that reality.

I'd have loved to see the likes of Oliver Huntemann, Ida Engerg, The Hacker etc etc make it but they don't appeal to the commercial masses. The end of the day I know how brilliant they are and don't need a DJ poll to state the fact. But it's great moaning every year about how bad the poll is ... ha ha

Advertisement