Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DJ Mag Top 100

Options
  • 30-10-2009 5:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭

The eagerly anticipated results have been announced. Unfortunatly the backing from ALL boards members could not help Deadrat5 or Tiesto to the Top spot.

1. Armin Van Buuren
    2. Tiesto
    3. David Guetta
    4. Above and Beyond
    5. Paul Van Dyk
    6. Deadmau5
    7. Ferry Corsten
    8. Markus Schulz
    9. Gareth Emery
    10. Sander Van Doorn

http://www.djmag.com/top100djs/

Who the fuck is Gareth Emery?

Oh and Berghain took the Club Topspot.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

It's beyond a joke at this stage really...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 382 ✭✭acman

This is utter bolox! It's more like a Trance Top 10 list...all but 2 are Trance DJ's and producers :confused:

1. Armin Van Buuren - Gankey Trance Sh/t from the Netherlands.
    2. Tiesto - See Above
    3. David Guetta - Fcuk me I'm Famous? No...Fcuk him and his remixes of boom boom pow!
    4. Above and Beyond - Above and beyond belief they are in here more like it! :confused:
    5. Paul Van Dyk - Hanger on from the 90's playing even more Trance!
    6. Deadmau5 - A good start, but deteriorated quickly, putting out truly awful stuff lately.
    7. Ferry Corsten - Shoite
    8. Markus Schulz - Guess what, MORE TRANCE!
    9. Gareth Emery - What do you know, another Trance numbnut.
    10. Sander Van Doorn - Another Trance knob-end...WTF is going on?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭nonsense42

Dont get me started on this Top 100 poll!!

So I wont get started.All Ill say is congrats to John O Callaghan who was 24/26 cant remember exactly but he's Irish and thats fantastic.

Even though I have no interest in his music,lets hope he keeps rising up the ranks for next years poll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

It's beyond a joke at this stage really...

For once im in full agreement, the DJ Mag Top 100 is a complete and utter joke and should be treated with the contempt it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,329 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Its almost a "Who to Avoid" list TBH.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

Top 10 of ****e more like

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭djhaxman

acman wrote: »
    This is utter bolox! It's more like a Trance Top 10 list...all but 2 are Trance DJ's and producers :confused:

2. Tiesto - See Above
    3. David Guetta - Fcuk me I'm Famous? No...Fcuk him and his remixes of boom boom pow!
    4. Above and Beyond - Above and beyond belief they are in here more like it! :confused:
    6. Deadmau5 - A good start, but deteriorated quickly, putting out truly awful stuff lately.

This is just about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭djscubasteve

acman wrote: »

2. Tiesto - See Above

Tip of the cap to you sir, spot on...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

this poll means nothing for the simple fact that the types of people who listen to trance LOVE voting. They love texting into radio stations. They love pressing the interactive button and voting for anything on Television.

This has been going on for years and will continue to do so.

jtsuited wrote: »
    this poll means nothing for the simple fact that the types of people who listen to trance LOVE voting. They love texting into radio stations. They love pressing the interactive button and voting for anything on Television.

This has been going on for years and will continue to do so.

Exactly. I do have to wonder about the door policies that let children into licensed premises to see these acts though. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭zonEEE

Think the 2 from the list who should be in it is sander van doorn and ferry corsten, seen them both live this year and both have been serious nights.

Also fair play to joc getting into the 20s played a bangin set a couple of weeks ago in sligo.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Can anyone tell me why/who/what the fcuk Armin Van Burren is and why he is so popular? I've know about him since forever, probably heard sme of his stuff plenty of times, can't say I hated it anywhere as much as Tiesto or some of the other shyte up there, but it wasn't good - so how in the world does he come top All the time? He is not marketed as in your face as many of the others, so how the hell has he done it?

Zascar wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me why/who/what the fcuk Armin Van Burren is and why he is so popular? I've know about him since forever, probably heard sme of his stuff plenty of times, can't say I hated it anywhere as much as Tiesto or some of the other shyte up there, but it wasn't good - so how in the world does he come top All the time? He is not marketed as in your face as many of the others, so how the hell has he done it?

Its probably because of some Facebook "Vote for me" group thing.
    /heads off to start new group, rubs hands gleefully at prospect of being on the list next year. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

And to think......there's not even ONE hardcore breaks artist in the top 100. On a serious note though, wtf, saw a great interview with dave clarke (who's opinion I don't value - I think he's shyte) talking about it. In fairness to the opinionated one, he was on the mark this time around

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Top 100 comes out and it's a techno whinge fest. Get over it, the magazine is barely credible from one end of the year to the next, they do a top 100 poll and then dissappear again. Hardly the source of the holy writ on music

How many of you voted in it? And did you vote for mainstream techno/house etc. artists that actually had a chance of getting into the top? Or did you vote for smaller artists you actually felt were excellent this year?

Gareth Emery has a podcast with a fairly massive following at this stage, don't rate him personally, am amazed to see he got into the top ten.

edit: Also noticed zabiela took a bit of a hit

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

On a side note, does anyone actually buy DJ Magazines? Are there any good ones?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 314 ✭✭Hawk Wing

I stopped buying dance music mags about 7 years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 283 ✭✭Klim

Zascar wrote: »
    On a side note, does anyone actually buy DJ Magazines? Are there any good ones?

I find Mixmag to be pretty good. It's less about equipment, more about the tunes and events. Some decent cd's with it aswell. Not sure what the general opinion is of it however.

• Registered Users Posts: 668 ✭✭✭FLYNN-DOG

I buy Mixmag.....find it interesting to read, evn if I'm not in to the electro boll0x they fill it with

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,744 ✭✭✭Táck

nonsense42 wrote: »
    Dont get me started on this Top 100 poll!!

So I wont get started.All Ill say is congrats to John O Callaghan who was 24/26 cant remember exactly but he's Irish and thats fantastic.

Even though I have no interest in his music,lets hope he keeps rising up the ranks for next years poll.

aren't you kind of contradicting yourslef here?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

after reading down through all posts i'd be interested to see hust exactly what people's top 10 are?
    I'm only into dance music about 2 years
    I have 3 david guetta albums which are excellent imo.
    From dance music i've listened to, i think he's the best so having him up in the top three would be correct imo.
    But there's so much moaning going on, i would like to see people's top 10's
    maybe introduce me to a new dj or 2

[QUOTE=Vinyl1. Armin Van Buuren
    2. Tiesto
    3. David Guetta
    4. Above and Beyond
    5. Paul Van Dyk
    6. Deadmau5
    7. Ferry Corsten
    8. Markus Schulz
    9. Gareth Emery
    10. Sander Van Doorn[/QUOTE]

Jaysis. That's pretty bad.

No wonder John O'Callaghan gets so high on the list, he churns out crap trance too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,791 ✭✭✭electrogrimey

Daft Punk are number 33?! What?! They havn't gigged or released anything in years! That's like Cantona winning the Golden Boot at the next world cup... This just proves that this is just a random poll of shíte dance artists people like, nothing to do with stuff they've done this year.

ATB at no. 11 ahead of John Digweed at no. 17 says it all for me. :rolleyes:

And Chris Liebing and Speedy J don't even feature in the top 100. :mad:

What kind of twats vote in this thing?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭jtsuited

daft punk, deadmau5 and gui boratto are djs?

nope. i really wish people would get their heads around it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭ironclaw

jtsuited wrote: »
    daft punk, deadmau5 and gui boratto are djs?

nope. i really wish people would get their heads around it.

Well to the public they are, sure they sit behind a table and wear headphones.... :pac:

Its a nice poll but for me its "Who sold out the most this year" Especially with Armin and Tiesto, lost alot of respect for those two in the past year...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,607 ✭✭✭VinylJunkie

davylee wrote: »
    after reading down through all posts i'd be interested to see hust exactly what people's top 10 are?
    I'm only into dance music about 2 years
    I have 3 david guetta albums which are excellent imo.
    From dance music i've listened to, i think he's the best so having him up in the top three would be correct imo.
    But there's so much moaning going on, i would like to see people's top 10's
    maybe introduce me to a new dj or 2

Ill go out on a limb here and risk expulsion from the forum :p I have favorite artists and record labels, I would not be able to name 100 but sure could name a few, granted some (most) stretch the notion of a DJ;
    • Gaiser
    • Ben Klock
    • Pan-Pot
    • Gregor Tresher
    • Dubfire
    • Ahmet Sendil
    • Paul Kalkbrenner
    • Itamar Sagi
    • Radio Slave
    • Ramon Tapia
    • Ambivalent
    • Lerosa
    • Gary Beck

There are a few local lads too who will remain anoymous, so I don't look like im licking arse :D I'm sure I missed a few but this would give you an idea to who I look out for.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭madma

djhaxman wrote: »
    ATB at no. 11 ahead of John Digweed at no. 17 says it all for me. :rolleyes:

i was laughing at that myself

ahead of steve lawler who's at 80:confused:

shocking poll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭insert-gear

Josh Gabriel, Paul Kalkbrenner, Len Faki,

Yeah similar to the daft punk thing, Gabriel and Dresden are 125th.

Advertisement