Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Climax - Calvin Harris + Saw Doctors + Special Guests

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 TheBigD

Yeah got my tix from ticketgroup last night, gona be a great gig!! Also great to see a new place to buy tix! www.ticketgroup.ie spread the word me thinks ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jenny_Q19

Can't wait for the Calvin Harris gig!! Been dying to see him! Just got my tickets from Ticketgroup. Never heard of them before, but I'm glad to see there's a cheaper version of Ticketmaster out there!:D Website is easy to get around, so easy I bought Rockbox tickets there too!!!:rolleyes: €46 on ticketgroup and €51 on ticketmaster??? HELLO!!!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

rossodwyer wrote: »
    Must say it is some mix of acts! on in Curraheen Bishopstown in Cork, in a massive marquee can't wait for it got my ticket today on www.ticketgroup.ie
    New alternative to ticketmaster kinda cool........ only €30 for a ticket should be a great laugh il post the link there for all to see check it out. was talking to one of the organisers yesterday tickets are flying out! he was young and enthusiastic good to see! Think you can get them in HMV inside in town thats were my buddie got his

http://ticketgroup.ie/events/tickets_for_Climax_-_Calvin_Harris_&_The_Saw_Doctors_in_Curraheen_Park_Cork_City/25

According to this: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62837789&postcount=33 , Ross is the co-owner of the promotion company behind the event. Why has he posted as a nobody who just bought a ticket here?

Was just told by someone I know in Curraheen Park this gig will not be happening there. Apparently they could have the venue when the dog track is not open but they switched dates and promoted a Thursday when the track is also open. IMRO and Gardai were down their backs this week so it will not be happening there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jenny_Q19

Ok, just to try and settle this a little....I phoned Ticketgroup earlier (who I got my tickets from) and they said that this gig is definitely not a scam and as far as they were concerned the gig is still going ahead as they have not been told otherwise by the promoter!!biggrin.gif

As well as that, if you bought the tickets from them (Ticketgroup) and in the event that the gig is cancelled (like any other event) they do give a full refund! Lets just see what happens guys, could be all talk!!! Gossip is as good advertisement as any!!!rolleyes.gif
    user_online.gif

Jenny_Q19 wrote: »
    Ok, just to try and settle this a little....I phoned Ticketgroup earlier (who I got my tickets from) and they said that this gig is definitely not a scam and as far as they were concerned the gig is still going ahead as they have not been told otherwise by the promoter!!biggrin.gif

As well as that, if you bought the tickets from them (Ticketgroup) and in the event that the gig is cancelled (like any other event) they do give a full refund! Lets just see what happens guys, could be all talk!!! Gossip is as good advertisement as any!!!rolleyes.gif
    user_online.gif

This more than likely means that they dont know as thet havent been in contact with the promoter (and vice versa) but I was talking to Curraheen Dog Track today and they said they will not allow the gig on their grounds.

I'd guess the organisers are running around frantically at the mo trying for another venue if possible at this late stage. Dont know of any other venue available that could or would want to take up to 5000 students.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

It's a bit of a strange pairing though is it not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bobcork10

I was talking to the people organising this event the other day. All i can say is fair play to them, wish i had there balls!! I think it’s kind of funny the way people think it’s a scam though... First of all why would they put there company name behind this if it wasn't true!! They would prob be in jail at this stage! Don’t think people realise the amount of trouble they would be in if it wasn’t ''Calvin Harris''... Also why would he post it in his ''myspace'' if it was spoof??? Also the saw doctors have this on there page?? I guess there spoofing as well? Also why would ticketgroup.ie and HMV sell tickets for this if the acts weren't confirmed?? I think people need to get behind the students that are organising this!!!! This is massive and i would like to wish them the best of luck, i think cork needs this and i hope they organise more concerts like this one in the future!!

bobcork10 wrote: »
    I was talking to the people organising this event the other day. All i can say is fair play to them, wish i had there balls!! I think it’s kind of funny the way people think it’s a scam though... First of all why would they put there company name behind this if it wasn't true!! They would prob be in jail at this stage! Don’t think people realise the amount of trouble they would be in if it wasn’t ''Calvin Harris''... Also why would he post it in his ''myspace'' if it was spoof??? Also the saw doctors have this on there page?? I guess there spoofing as well? Also why would ticketgroup.ie and HMV sell tickets for this if the acts weren't confirmed?? I think people need to get behind the students that are organising this!!!! This is massive and i would like to wish them the best of luck, i think cork needs this and i hope they organise more concerts like this one in the future!!

Firstly I would like to welcome new users bobcork10 and Jenny_Q19 to boards.ie. It great to have a good and fair discussion and I for one do not find it anyway suspicious that your only reason for being on these forums is to talk up this event!!!! Seriously! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bobcork10

haha boy phil!! why u doin all the giving out if your not event gonna go to the concert?? why you soooo concerned for??

bobcork10 wrote: »
    haha boy phil!! why u doin all the giving out if your not event gonna go to the concert?? why you soooo concerned for??

As I said before Im not giving out just leaving a fact that Curraheen said it wont be happening there. It could be a good event for those into Calvin Harris / Saw Doctors.

I dont like to see students (or anyone) possibly loosing €30 each or not getting what they paid for.

Its a great shame and very worrying that the organisers were able to hype up the event so much on these forums but have remained silent since this came up. An update would be a sign of professionalism even if its bad news.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,218 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hehehehehe

Advertisement