Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Calvin Harris Gig

Options
  • 31-10-2009 9:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Who's going to the Calvin Harris / Saw Doctors gig??!!!!

Tickets are only €30 on this new website www.ticketgroup.ie I just got mine, wahoo, can't wait!!:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭dodgystuff

I shall be attending :)
    Weirdest line up/venue/time of any gig I've been to! But I'm not complaining, I'm in love with Calvin Harris so I'm happy :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭Condoms

Me brothers going

• Registered Users Posts: 3,055 ✭✭✭suppafly

dodgystuff wrote: »
    I shall be attending :)
    Weirdest line up/venue/time of any gig I've been to! But I'm not complaining, I'm in love with Calvin Harris so I'm happy :)

Ya its all soo random! I'm really wondering where they will be having it in there too. Just been out there once for a christmas party in the tiered restaurant area and there not very much room for an event like this there. Also why has there been so little advertisment of this?

suppafly wrote: »
    Ya its all soo random! I'm really wondering where they will be having it in there too. Just been out there once for a christmas party in the tiered restaurant area and there not very much room for an event like this there. Also why has there been so little advertisment of this?

I think they're putting up a marquee somewhere outside.
    Its true, there hasnt been much advertisement. I thought someone was having me on when I got a text about it because I hadnt heard a thing about it. There's people going around town handing out flyers about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jenny_Q19

Yeah I heard it was a marquee, I saw the gig through Bebo on Calvin Harris page that linked onto the Ticketgroup crowd that are selling the tickets! Nothing besides that though. Dunno why its on so early either, but hey, more drinking time!!;) Gonna be amazing!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Very random. I never even heard about this til i read this thread. Where's curaheen park??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Wtf? Weird. Where the hell is the venue? Saw Calvin Harris back in 2007. And last year. He's good live!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Curraheen Park is the dog track...least I think it is

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Jenny_Q19

Yeah it is the dog track!! Right in the centre of Cork city!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭smileygirlloves

tickets can also be purchased at Texaco on model farm road as far as I am aware:D

• Advertisement

Lia_lia wrote: »
    Wtf? Weird. Where the hell is the venue? Saw Calvin Harris back in 2007. And last year. He's good live!

Curraheen Park is a Greyhound Stadium on the outskirts of Bishopstown, just passed where Red FM is based. Its easy to find! Its near enough to CIT, about..a half hour walk? Maybe a bit less.

You can get tickets in Victoria Mills reception, Texaco on Model Farm Road, Plugd Records on Washington Street, Cliffords Daybreak on College Road, HMV in town or ticketgroup.ie ...I think thats everywhere..

Yeah he's class live. He was brilliant at Oxegen this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Little_miss_syn

I hear hes playin in the acadmey in dublin too

• Registered Users Posts: 7,224 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I hear hes playin in the acadmey in dublin too
    Same night? Surely if he plays a gig that early he will play in a club later, whether its Cork or Dublin, he played in the Savoy around 2007

Is this defo happening because I'm hearing around that it's been called off??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 Hattrick

Is this defo happening because I'm hearing around that it's been called off??

Dont think its called off but heard a few strange things alright. Its not in the dog track but in a tent outside. Ive seen a poster saying free into Cubins afterwards which I dont think is true also after asking a friend who works there. He also told me it was a UCC student organising it so I will be holding on to my cash until last minute as rumours could have some truth.

Hmmmmmm........

Smell of scam I think!

Same night? Surely if he plays a gig that early he will play in a club later, whether its Cork or Dublin, he played in the Savoy around 2007

He's in the academy this friday i think. Yeah he might do a dj set somewhere!
    Ah yes, the savoy gig, I thought he'd never come back to Cork after that, apparently there was a small enough crowd at it. Met him that night actually, sound man :) Scarily tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭philiporeilly

CIT SU and UCC SU met with Gardai, Bus Eireann and residents this morning regarding recent problems in Bishopstown and No.5 Bus route. UCC SU and CIT SU were questioned about that event and denied any association.

Apparently the Gardai were extremely unhappy (putting it mildly) as they said they knew nothing about it. I'm guessing that this curraheen gig is in trouble if the Gardai get their way by not allowing it.

Why what problems with no 5 buses??

Why what problems with no 5 buses??

I heard from my class rep that they were talking about it in the last class rep meeting saying that some tools coming back late on the bus drunk or breaking things on the bus and a number or other things. i think we actually got an email about it too or it was in their was an article about it in Explicit magzine

• Advertisement

Hattrick wrote: »
    Dont think its called off but heard a few strange things alright. Its not in the dog track but in a tent outside. Ive seen a poster saying free into Cubins afterwards which I dont think is true also after asking a friend who works there. He also told me it was a UCC student organising it so I will be holding on to my cash until last minute as rumours could have some truth.

Ya it sounds a bit dodge alright. It all sounds very haphazard like. Will def be holding off till closer to the time

Vandalised a few times. Idiots as each of those buses has good security cameras and Bus Eireann / Gardai should be looking to make examples of those if convicted.

Between that and Xmas Day the Gardai were very annoyed when they apparently first heard of this other gig today.

Does anyone know who is all promoting this gig so we can get onto them and ask is it going ahead and what the story is like?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

I've been looking around the internet and I think it's going ahead.

On Calvin Harris's MySpace, he is doing a DJ set at Curraheen Park at 8pm.

---> link http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&friendid=44576088&Band_Show_ID=38554721

Saw doctor's website ----> link http://www.sawdoctors.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=288&Itemid=2

Even on the PRoC ----> link http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168669

What is "the Climax event" and how badly promoted is this gig??

I've been looking around the internet and I think it's going ahead.

On Calvin Harris's MySpace, he is doing a DJ set at Curraheen Park at 8pm.

---> link http://music.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=music.showDetails&friendid=44576088&Band_Show_ID=38554721

Saw doctor's website ----> link http://www.sawdoctors.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=288&Itemid=2

Even on the PRoC ----> link http://www.peoplesrepublicofcork.com/forums/showthread.php?t=168669

What is "the Climax event" and how badly promoted is this gig??

The Gardai only found out at a meeting before lunch so I doubt any of the websites would be updated so soon or a decision has been made. Only the student who's organising this gig knows for sure.

I have heard rumours that a city nightclub/concert venue is being sought but will have to wait and see how this will pan out.

The Gardai are very unhappy but can they stop it? Then again would Curraheen Park / other company with license for kegs in marquee risk having an objection to their drink licenses?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

The Gardai only found out at a meeting before lunch so I doubt any of the websites would be updated so soon or a decision has been made. Only the student who's organising this gig knows for sure.

I have heard rumours that a city nightclub/concert venue is being sought but will have to wait and see how this will pan out.

The Gardai are very unhappy but can they stop it? Then again would Curraheen Park / other company with license for kegs in marquee risk having an objection to their drink licenses?

I have never heard of that ticketgroup site. I'm pretty convinced that it could be a scam but I could be wrong.

Wow!! If the Gardai only found this out before lunch then how badly organised is it?? That student must have paid a lot for Calvin Harris to play over here.

I wouldn't think a nightclub would be found at this stage. 2 days away from it and there's no indication whether the gig is going ahead:confused::confused:

In my opinion, I think the Gardai can stop it. If the gig isn't properly licensed/ set up, which I'm pretty sure it hasn't, they can stop it. Curraheen Park are taking a big risk if this actually goes ahead.

....Wow!! If the Gardai only found this out before lunch then how badly organised is it?? That student must have paid a lot for Calvin Harris to play over here.

I wouldn't think a nightclub would be found at this stage. 2 days away from it and there's no indication whether the gig is going ahead:confused::confused: ......

Gardai found out from a third party who was complaining about it. In regards to pricing I heard rumours that the acts could have cost around 30k with possibly the big ones paid up front.

Well its definately not a scam anyway seeing as tickets are being sold in places like HMV and Plugd etc as well as that ticketgroup.ie thing. I dont think they'd have it in a club tbh seeing as its already been set as an all ages thing. I'd say it will go ahead. The Gardaí cant really do much to stop it really!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

It's starting to sound a bit dodgy to me too now. Glad I didn't buy the tickets!

• Advertisement

dodgystuff wrote: »
    ........The Gardaí cant really do much to stop it really!

Yeah not really sure what the Gardai could do but highly unlikely Curraheen Park would do anything to piss them off either. Even the company that was to supply the kegs with a roaming license would want to lepordise that.

CIT once had to find a venue within a days notice for a freshers night gig as the Gardai warned the venue over a similar UCC gig that had issues. Club/bar owners do not want to piss off the Gardai.

Advertisement