Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post here every time you get something new!

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Fine, don't believe me, come to the next Beers and be all disappointed in person!
    Nothing there everyone hasn't got already!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,919 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Not really retro but finally got Donkey Kong Country Returns for a non-rip off price of 33 euros. Arrived today. Also got my first 3DS games, shinobi :)

Such a brilliant, brilliant game, save for a few waggle-related woes.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,992 ✭✭✭Doge

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Fine, don't believe me, come to the next Beers and be all disappointed in person!
    Nothing there everyone hasn't got already!

I wouldn't be too sure on that based on earlier posts of ours...

waveform wrote: »
    Ciderman's idea of being wealthy....

psp2-jack-tretton.jpg

Steve SI's idea of being averagely wealthy.....

DSC03044-620x.jpg

:p

You lot have seen my gamesroom, right?

So which is it to be AdultAppleFlaouredBeverageMale? :D (at least I think i got that right Pyongy!)

Or do I have to mock your wealth again to get the real truth? ;)

Can I handle the truth? :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Ciderman & SteveSI on holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 8,870 ✭✭✭Steve X2

I should mention I'm in no way wealthy. I'm just terrible at managing what funds I do have :o

Pay the rent? Nah, there's a 64DD and FM Towns going for a steal online :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Pyongyang

Steve SI wrote: »
    FM Towns

Worth missing a rent payment though! :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,557 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have spent, most months, around €100 on gaming bits and bobs, and most of that is a steady trickle of DS games, Snes and MD, for a while some PS2 Shmups and other bits and bobs.
    Not a major spend but enough to keep the collection expanding gently.
    The GBA collection isn't bad, and I have most MD games I've wanted, the Snes collection needs some work though...
    I also have some repairs needed on the Colecovision, just haven't found anyone to open her up yet!

I do know of a guy with an Odyssey for sale, the first one, with rifle, but it was way too steep for me.
    I bought a couple of bits from him years ago but he emigrated and left his stash here.
    I emailed him last year and all his unsold stuff, including the Odyssey, is still there.
    Must give him a shout again...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Ciderman, just because you might have all the regular consoles, doesn't negate the need to show off a gamesroom. Heck, I've posted mine up a few times & I wouldn't consider myself to own anything out of the ordinary either.

People appreciate the layout & set, just as much as the consoles that are in it. So charge up that Nikkon there & make with the damned goods already :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I had to put a load of stuff in the attic last night including my beloved Neo Geo. I'd sell off a lot of my stuff for a games room where I can have all my stuff displayed and can play it easily than my current situation. Be proud of what you have ciderdude.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,067 ✭✭✭safetyboy

6962921708_d244eb77ac_z.jpg

Few Hu cards!

• Advertisement

PCエンジン! heart_small.png

This arrived just now. After literally months of waiting for the perfect, complete copy to show up. Looks like a previous Japanese owner has written down some possible cheat codes? Found those little slips of paper tucked in to the back of the manual.

Delighted with this, been after it for ages. :)

Darius Gaiden [NTSC-J, Saturn, CIB]
    rgd3A.jpg

Pyongyang wrote: »
    This arrived just now. After literally months of waiting for the perfect, complete copy to show up. Looks like a previous Japanese owner has written down some possible cheat codes? Found those little slips of paper tucked in to the back of the manual.

Delighted with this, been after it for ages. :)

Darius Gaiden [NTSC-J, Saturn, CIB]
    rgd3A.jpg

I'd have thought you'd have had this years ago as your such a big fan.
    Is it hard to find in minty condition??

I'd have thought you'd have had this years ago as your such a big fan. Is it hard to find in minty condition??

It's been high on my list for ages, I made do with the awful Taito Legends 2 version while waiting.

If it's going in to my Darius collection it has to be in perfect nick. A mint copy isn't hard to find, it's just the price for it is a little silly and keeps escalating (recently it has anyway).

Got this one for the price I wanted to pay for it and it can now sit proudly next to my Darius Gaiden: The Movie Laserdisc. I suppose for the hoot I could store them in my Darius Burst: AC EX tote bag too. :D

Pyongyang wrote: »
    It's been high on my list for ages, I made do with the awful Taito Legends 2 version while waiting.

If it's going in to my Darius collection it has to be in perfect nick. A mint copy isn't hard to find, it's just the price for it is a little silly and keeps escalating (recently it has anyway).

Got this one for the price I wanted to pay for it and it can now sit proudly next to my Darius Gaiden: The Movie Laserdisc. I suppose for the hoot I could store them in my Darius Burst: AC EX tote bag too. :D

What about Darius Gaiden (PC Version)?
    Worth getting for the collection?

Picked up Rage for the 360, only a tenner in pc world, not retro but a good deal for an ok game, damned with faint praise to be sure that game!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,050 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Devil Survivor Overclocked arrived in the post today totally justifying my decision to go for a US 3DS... for a few weeks.

This arrived for the Amiga today.

dsc1114b.jpg

dsc1115d.jpg

Remember the days of big games on this amount of disks?
    Happy Times?? :rolleyes:
    dsc1118c.jpg

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Nice. Some amount of disk swapping. I remember SFII for the Amiga having 12 or 14 disks or something, although it was dire on that format.

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Nice. Some amount of disk swapping. I remember SFII for the Amiga having 12 or 14 disks or something, although it was dire on that format.

I don't miss the disk swapping days to be honest. This is for the collection, floppy drive emulators FTW :D

• Advertisement

I don't miss the disk swapping days to be honest. This is for the collection, floppy drive emulators FTW :D

"Floppy emulation".....

Dozed off playing my new game Rage, played Halo Remastered instead, no dozing off occurred, just lotsa ass kicking, oh yeah!

Dozed off playing my new game Rage, played Halo Remastered instead, no dozing off occurred, just lotsa ass kicking, oh yeah!

Awwwww! How cute!

lens9636511_1267496114snoring.jpg

;)

Yup, that's me, although I would like to point out that I am not the oldest poster in these parts, and it's good to have a few people here that actually owned some of the consoles when they were new, my Difference Engine for example....

• Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

I've always wanted a decent Fallout Shelter sign for some reason after playing the Fallout games.

There are loads and loads of mint unused ones on ebay, but where's the fun in that? I wanted one which had been on a wall since the 50s.

Finally got one! Even still has it's capacity sticker on it.

Capture-4.jpg

Interesting piece of history attached to this one.

Very nice example came from the sub basement tunnel of a local Knoxville hospital, just 20 miles from Oak Ridge's "Manhattan Project".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

Has the Terminator tshirt not bankrupted you, still buying! ffs :D

• Registered Users Posts: 34,666 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

LA LA LA I CAN'T HEAR YOU /Fingers in ears

I was out in Bray looking at the tshirt last weekend - it's beyond awesome.

Only issue I havenow is trying to transport the thing out to my house!

Anyone know how you get in contact with Securicor?

Who needs Securicor when oyu have a Terminator.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

EnterNow wrote: »
    Terminator tshirt

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5_uKy02ql5bHG4avGKL1aYsnISU5BXSY5I-Mg925jq0koOUBK

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭Touch Fuzzy Get Dizzy

I was telling ye about the posters deal, so got some myself, €20 posted578679_3795246361181_1277863976_3675863_1000819698_n.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement