Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RETAILERS AND SITE OWNERS GET TOGETHER

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

NinjaLmk wrote: »
    It would have to be Daytime for me too im afraid.

+2 on that one , evening wont work for us unfortunatly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Guys we will let this run for a couple of days and see then ok,and take everyone points on board ,it is what ever suits the most of us ,we cant do it any fairer than that .Thankyou all for taking the time to post and for agreeing to this meeting it is to benefit us all in the long run
    regards Evelyn.

• Registered Users Posts: 471 ✭✭tacops.ie

Hi Evelyn

Evening is fine for me,

I can attend a evening meeting on 23rd

_______
    One serious point that needs to be address at the meeting is clarity on imports and customs charges.
    Recently I imported a box of mags and ended up paying about 90% of the declared value of the package.

Customs told me it is 3% and then 21% for vat, this does not add up to the 90% of the declare value?

I will bring a photocopy of the invoice to the meeting so as to have raise the question correctly

Regards
    Karl
    www.tacops
    "IS" Attending the meeting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 point2productio

count us in for this there will be 2 maybe 3 of us will let you know and could you send on all relevant info to us thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Golf Mike 2

Hi Folks unfortunately I have other work related commitments on the 23rd but I'll try to get a Go Tactical representative to attend. :( Failing that I would be very grateful if we could be copied on any minutes or reports afterwards. If you need anything from us beforehand information or views etc we would be delighted to help out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,404 ✭✭✭ricka

Hi Everyone, we'll definately have someone there(Hobbyairsoft)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,401 ✭✭✭Shiva

I can make anytime on the 23rd....whatever suits the majority.

• Registered Users Posts: 769 ✭✭✭AirsoftEire.com

Same story here, any time will suit.

Same story here, any time will suit.
    Shiva wrote: »
    I can make anytime on the 23rd....whatever suits the majority.
    ricka wrote: »
    Hi Everyone, we'll definately have someone there(Hobbyairsoft)
    Hi Folks unfortunately I have other work related commitments on the 23rd but I'll try to get a Go Tactical representative to attend. :( Failing that I would be very grateful if we could be copied on any minutes or reports afterwards. If you need anything from us beforehand information or views etc we would be delighted to help out.
    count us in for this there will be 2 maybe 3 of us will let you know and could you send on all relevant info to us thanks
    tacops.ie wrote: »
    Hi Evelyn

Evening is fine for me,

I can attend a evening meeting on 23rd

_______
    One serious point that needs to be address at the meeting is clarity on imports and customs charges.
    Recently I imported a box of mags and ended up paying about 90% of the declared value of the package.

Customs told me it is 3% and then 21% for vat, this does not add up to the 90% of the declare value?

I will bring a photocopy of the invoice to the meeting so as to have raise the question correctly

Regards
    Karl
    www.tacops
    "IS" Attending the meeting
    fayer wrote: »
    As already discussed with Evelyn, the IAA reps are not full time Airsoft staff, we will only be able to accommodate an evening meeting for this.
    Jimbobak47 wrote: »
    The 23rd should be ok for us 1 maybe two going. daytime suits better but we can adapt to whatever is organised.
    Tomazas wrote: »
    Same with us, would prefer a day time instead of evening but if the others cant make it can come in the evening as well.
    Hi Everyone ,
    so far it seems that it is looking like an evening meet but we will let it run ontil sunday evening and see
    regards Evelyn

Hang on a second , it seems only fayer is tied into an evening meeting , as the rest of us can do daytime ?? or am i wrong ?

• Advertisement

Sorry for confusion paul just listing out people that can do either i dont mind what time we have,
    Day personally would suit me but we need to try and see what suit the majaroity I dont mind either way so as I said let it run for a couple of days and we will see ok what ever is decided ,
    For those that cannot attend we should be able to set up some kind of internet link or phone conference link so everyone can get their points of view across kind regards Evelyn

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

horgan_p wrote: »
    Hang on a second , it seems only fayer is tied into an evening meeting , as the rest of us can do daytime ?? or am i wrong ?

Whatever work for the majority I just wanted to make my availability known as it was suggested that I attend as the author of the constitution and structure of the proposed body.

Please feel free to proceed without me.

To be honest, since Fayer won't be a member of the IAA executive commitee by the time this meeting rolls around, I doubt he'll lose any sleep if we hold it at a time he can't attend.

On the other hand, a fully qualified solicitor is offering to help us wade through the legal issues involved in setting up an organisation that could be of great benefit to us, for free. I think we'd be very foolish to look that gift horse in the mouth.

I know the time doesn't suit everyone, but I'd urge everyone to try arrange something that will allow them to attend at a time Steve can be there - we only stand to gain.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭pintplease

Evelyn,
    Your efforts on this are not going unnoticed or without thanks. It's great that you are making the call to arms and calling this meeting. I for one congratulate you on your efforts thus far.

Having read all the posts the last few weeks may I RESPECTFULLY suggest you just set a time for the 23rd November and wait on final numbers. If people can make it great and if they can't, well there will be minutes and we hope they can make it next time. It seems most people want a day time meeting (having read and scored the posts).

I had provisionally booked a room for 20 people, I believe you had booked a room for 20+. Eitherway the hotel want to know what's going on.

Selfishly, I need to know what's going on so I can plan meetings in the area around that time, hotel rooms etc. if I'm coming up from Cork, I want to make full use of my time up there.

I think waiting any longer is not going to achieve anything as you cant please everyone.

Sorry if I sound a miserable old so and so, it's not my intention at all. I'm just a small business like many of you trying to work round this along with the 1000s of other balls I'm juggling.

Pint:)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

So whom is chairing this meeting & what's on the agenda?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

We can make the evening meeting, 1 - 2 people.

Is this meeting only open to IAA affiliates or are all airsoft commercial interests allowed to attend (heal divisions all that)?

It's open to everyone, Brian.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

Can anyone advise?

• Registered Users Posts: 913 ✭✭✭fayer

madmaxi wrote: »
    Can anyone advise?

The south east tag team, patience is a virtue ;)

A draft agenda is typed up just being checked before publication.

If I am attending the meeting I will volunteer to chair it if people want.

fayer wrote: »
    The south east tag team, patience is a virtue ;)

A draft agenda is typed up just being checked before publication.

If I am attending the meeting I will volunteer to chair it if people want.

We just wanted to keep you on your toes. :D

• Advertisement

so is the venue and date now set in stone?

SE Airsoft: 2 persons will definately go, must be daytime (sun up), potentally 3 persons.

Anyone who would like to join us the meeting is on at 7pm sharp in the Hertiage hotel in portlaoise on the 23rd. of November.
    Please pm me a mobile phone number and email address and i will pass on an information I have and any details you might need for meeting ,If you have an items you wish to put on agenda please let me know either here on thread or via pm if you so wish.
    Can i just extend my thanks to Stephen Fay for all the help and for helping with the vast legal end of things in getting this set up .
    kind regards Evelyn

Sorry Evelyn,

Myself and Chris wont be able to attend.7pm would mean 2 days off work , which i just cant swing at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭madmaxi

SE Airsoft will not be attending an evening meeting.

It's not easy to get a solicitor to commit to working after 5pm ;)

Clarity on Customs & Excise Charges, I got hit for 90% of the value of the package, package was €50 and paid €32 in import taxes,
    No retailer can accuratly make a price until he/she physicaly has the bill from the Revenue or the carrier.

G-TAC wrote: »
    Anyone who would like to join us the meeting is on at 7pm sharp in the Hertiage hotel in portlaoise on the 23rd. of November.
    Please pm me a mobile phone number and email address and i will pass on an information I have and any details you might need for meeting ,If you have an items you wish to put on agenda please let me know either here on thread or via pm if you so wish.
    Can i just extend my thanks to Stephen Fay for all the help and for helping with the vast legal end of things in getting this set up .
    kind regards Evelyn

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

tacops.ie wrote: »
    Clarity on Customs & Excise Charges, I got hit for 90% of the value of the package, package was €50 and paid €32 in import taxes,
    No retailer can accuratly make a price until he/she physicaly has the bill from the Revenue or the carrier.

Was the package delivered via UPS?

yes acrtually it was via UPS 2 day shipping from hong kong.
    why do they charge extra?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,968 ✭✭✭TNTQ

UPS have their own policy regarding customs clerance. If I remember correctly it's something about 13Euro. So 32Euro you have paid is about right.

• Advertisement

madmaxi wrote: »
    SE Airsoft will not be attending an evening meeting.

It's not easy to get a solicitor to commit to working after 5pm ;)

Sorry Madmaxi, just to clarify, in case I misunderstood.....

Were you planning on attending with your own solicitor, or were you referring to Fayer ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement