Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast food Ooh so Slow

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

ShayK1 wrote: »
    I always pay with the card cause I don't carry much cash with me but I'm almost certain then do "Cash on Delivery".
    I'll check the next time I use it.
    just checked it myself and they have a cash on delivery on their demo restaurant so i presume it works for live orders too

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I knew I saw it. It also says Laser coming soon. Which will be handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

I'm after having problems with luigi's too, got 3 deliveries so far and the last 2 times i got a pizza the delivery driver handed me a pizza box on its side!! seriously, whats that all about, surely they can manage to carry a box flat??
    all the toppings were gone to the side of the box so i made him take it back and rang them, they told me they looked at the pizza when it came back down and said it was fine, some customer relations that is! Its a joke. I'll be avoiding it in future

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

TowerIRL wrote: »
    I'm after having problems with luigi's too, got 3 deliveries so far and the last 2 times i got a pizza the delivery driver handed me a pizza box on its side!! seriously, whats that all about, surely they can manage to carry a box flat??
    all the toppings were gone to the side of the box so i made him take it back and rang them, they told me they looked at the pizza when it came back down and said it was fine, some customer relations that is! Its a joke. I'll be avoiding it in future

You registered and this is the first thing you post?
    IP check please :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

TBH I have gotten a delivery twice in the last week from luigi's.
    First time was 5 1/4 pounders, 1 chicken fillet burger and 2 curry chips.
    I got 1 1/4 pounder, 1 chicken burger and a bag of chips.
    Ordered tonight
    2 1/4 pounders and a bag of chips, I told him I was off to work so would collect it if they were busy, they told me it would be nomore than 15mins. (I got my food 50mins later as I was about to walk out the door)
    I took it anyway after a bit iof given out only to notice it was freezing when I opened it.

The food is very nice from Luigi's its just the Very Poor delivery service that lets it down. I collect from now on..

• Advertisement

SV wrote: »
    You registered and this is the first thing you post?
    IP check please :rolleyes:

That's some way to welcome a new poster. Myself and super-rush are the moderators here. We will deal with issues if and how we need to. If you have a problem with something use the report a post function, otherwise quit your back seat modding or you'll be taking a little vacation from the Carlow forum.

@TowerIRL: Welcome to boards.ie and the Carlow forum.

That's some way to welcome a new poster. Myself and super-rush are the moderators here. We will deal with issues if and how we need to. If you have a problem with something use the report a post function, otherwise quit your back seat modding or you'll be taking a little vacation from the Carlow forum.

lol@ye thinking that's backseat modding.

Oh no..not the carlow forum..
    bye bye now

lol@ye thinking that's backseat modding.

Oh no..not the carlow forum..
    bye bye now

banned for 1 month.
    Happy Holidays!

That's the first ban I've had to hand out. :(
    EDIT: Its actually my 2nd. My first was 6 months ago and I had forgotten about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Tom10

<snip>

Mod Edit: This matter is between the poster and the moderators only. Comments like that don't help and are not funny.

I just had Golden Aroma again. I'm really impressed with this place.
    They food arrived in around 15 minutes. Definately not more and it was delicious.
    They definately have a regular costumer in me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

They food arrived in around 15 minutes. Definately not more and it was delicious.

+1 on the Golden Aroma.

Also we ordered from there on justeat.ie the other night and the system said delivery would be at 20.40.
    Couldnt believe it when the door bell rang ... 20.40 on the nose:)

ours was to be here at 21:20. We were eating at 21:15 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sweeney555

Has anyone tried Rosfords,

I tried it twice first time they forgot my wifes food :mad::eek:

Second time I was the only customer and it took 40 minutes and I had ordered 5 meals and only one was right... customer service is terrible

I really wanted this place to be nice, but I think there is huge competition in Carlow for take out as there is alot of good places already

is that the one in the potatoe market?
    Haven't tried it yet and you're not making me want to either.

the bit in bold really worries me as it must be pre-prepared food that is kept in the fridge then just heated up in the microwave to be able to deliver it in that short time as many chinese dishes take at least 20minutes to prepare/cook.

when i am paying full price for chinese take away food i expect it to be freshly prepared and cooked

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

I see the Nazi Mods haven't gone away.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

testicle wrote: »
    I see the Nazi Mods haven't gone away.

Nope. Still here. Cant say the same for you though. :) Take a short break - if you, or anybody else, has a problem with how this forum is run then please contact myself, the mods or the Regional Category Mods. Otherwise - stay on topic and less of the internet warrior / childish behaviour.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sweeney555

is that the one in the potatoe market?
    Haven't tried it yet and you're not making me want to either.

Ye its the new one on potato market... Food is nice though if it didnt take ages and came cold:)

foggy_lad wrote: »
    the bit in bold really worries me as it must be pre-prepared food that is kept in the fridge then just heated up in the microwave to be able to deliver it in that short time as many chinese dishes take at least 20minutes to prepare/cook.

when i am paying full price for chinese take away food i expect it to be freshly prepared and cooked

Well the taste and texture doesn't seem to suffer if that is the case. I had chicken and my g/f had beef and both were delicious. You know the way reheated food is often kinda rubbery. Well there is no hint of that in their food.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

A Chineese dish would take 20mins if you prepare everything to order. However most of the labour intensive work such as washing and chopping veg, making sauces/batter, slicing meat and fish is done hours (sometimes days) in advance of opening and stored in the fridge until needed. Even rice is cooked in advance in a rice cooker which keeps it hot without overcooking. Once an order comes in it is only a matter of gathering your ingredients and cooking them in a scorching hot wok for 5-10 minutes. If it takes any longer it's because your order is still in the queue.

Most restauarants, including burger shops and mainstream restaurants do the same.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29 TowerIRL

Just after seeing this reply, yes it was my first post as i searched google and found complaints about the place and thought i'd share my personal experience.. seems to be what forums are for?? haha

@ShayK1, Thanks for the welcome, i'm still only getting used to it lol, its a huge site.. Are you from Carlow yourself?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

sweeney555 wrote: »
    Has anyone tried Rosfords,

I tried it twice first time they forgot my wifes food :mad::eek:

Second time I was the only customer and it took 40 minutes and I had ordered 5 meals and only one was right... customer service is terrible

I really wanted this place to be nice, but I think there is huge competition in Carlow for take out as there is alot of good places already

Their food is top class, it takes a while for delivery but it's worth it. Took them around 40min to deliver to me also but was told that on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

I'm a picky (read that as fussy if you must) and we've ordered from RosFords a few times now.

First time: I asked for a "plain chicken fillet burger" and a bag of chips. Chicken burger arrived fully loaded. The chips are so supposed to be "hand cut" and "fresh". They're not a patch on Tonys, Luigis or The Golden Grill. They appear frozen to me.

Second time: I asked for a plain burger with just mushrooms and bacon on it. Again chips etc. Now in both orders there was other peoples stuff aswell, not just mine. But this time I got a bun with mushrooms and bacon inbetween it and no ffin burger. #fail

My fav take aways atm are:

1) Tonys
    2) Roccas (Pollerton Road)
    3) Luigis

Luigis seem to have a 20 minute delivery guaruntee but any time we've ordered it wasn't here in 20 minutes.

Paul

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭tommycahir

my fave takeaways at the moment are

1) Jimmy's in Ballon (too close for comfort)
    2) The Golden Grill
    3) The Jasmine (Chicken curry)

and all the above shows on me as boys from astro turf soccer will testify to :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

New Tonys is nice. Too nice...

ordered on that Just-Eat.ie a few times but lately it seems to have nothing but errors when ordering, not communicating properly with the take aways and giving the wrong delivery times, also stating deliveries are closed when the places are still delivering!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,880 ✭✭✭patrickc

ordered on that Just-Eat.ie a few times but lately it seems to have nothing but errors when ordering, not communicating properly with the take aways and giving the wrong delivery times, also stating deliveries are closed when the places are still delivering!

ive used just-eat maybe 10 times since it started, its great never had any issues with it, also someone in bargain alerts put up a code which gives euro off our order happy days;)

Ordered on just-eat again tonight at 11:15 from Ho's take away and am still waiting for delivery! Are all the take aways gone downhill lately?

Ordered on just-eat again tonight at 11:15 from Ho's take away and am still waiting for delivery! Are all the take aways gone downhill lately?

I doubt they got the order..couldn't have really?

• Advertisement

I doubt they got the order..couldn't have really?
    why not? are thay closed down? i got a confirmation email stating the take away had received my order and accepted it.
    We have received your order, and it has been confirmed by the restaurant. Sound as a Euro!

could be a glitch on the website though as i notice sometimes it can take a few minutes for the order to go through.

Advertisement