Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fast food Ooh so Slow

Options
  • 28-10-2009 1:09am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭

i ordered a pizza chips & burger from a newish chip shop(Luigi's) on staplestown road and waited over 40minutes for delivery only to be given stodgey cold food that must have been forgotten about in the back of the delivery van/car for half an hour?

i rang the shop and they were not really interested, they apologised but did not offering to take the cold food back so i ended up throwing the lot except for the burger and some of the warmer chips in the bin! it was only €20 but why should i have to pay at all for this level of service?

i wouldnt mind but the last two times i got food from this shop it was much speedier and arrived in good enough condition to eat so imo something has gone wrong with the service.

has anyone else got fast food/pizza or restaurant disaster stories from carlow? has anyone noticed a drop in general standards in service?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,534 ✭✭✭SV

foggy_lad wrote: »

i wouldnt mind but the last two times i got food from this shop it was much speedier and arrived in good enough condition to eat so imo something has gone wrong with the service.

One bad experience and there's something gone wrong?
    ha.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,602 ✭✭✭ShayK1

I love cold Pizza.

No horror stories from me. Quiet happy with the Fast food services in Carlow.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cantona1111

Cant beat the fresh cod and the garlic mushrooms from florinos, I am a bit of a fast food junkie myself, and I find carlow to be well catered for, the particular establishment in question, I visited once, wont be going back. There is loads of competition and they didnt come close to level of service you can get in other takeaways

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

has anybody got the fresh cod in luigi's? massive big piece and chips for 7 yo yo's great value but it ain't cod dunno what it is ,any ideas?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 94 ✭✭cantona1111

Ya I got the "cod" there, it is a huge portion, could be pollock or hoki, but its standard enough practice for them to be substituted, the fish I got was so greasey that it actually leaked grease out of the bag and wreck my top!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

Rocco's do lovely fast food but its a bit on the high side for some things on the menu like Snack Box €7.80 you get a can with that also. Flamingo Chinese on castle hill do lovely food also- hungry now :pac:

& while im writing this just wondering does any of you eat in KFC if so what you think of their prices???

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭steelbar

Battered Sausage and Chips in Rocca's on the Hacketstown Rd,€3.
    Cant go wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭Stevecw

Had a Luigis there this evening, and was just saying how cheap it was for what u get. I got a bag of chips which wud easily be 2 or maybe 3 bags worth of chips...they were lovely, but was so much i cudnt finish them.

Had a cheeseburger with that which i got along with chips, no bother all within about 5 mins.

Luigis is good for Carlow as it sets a high standard which i hope the rest can match.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

SV wrote: »
    One bad experience and there's something gone wrong?
    ha.

something wrong when your food order is 20minutes late and cold yes but on the other hand the other two times i used luigi's everything was fine but that is no consolation to the three people that had to go elsewhere for pizza burger and chips.

also they offered nothing not even to take the food back and replace it with hot food as i did complain at the time. so a poor show from luigi's hope it is better for others that use them as in my case they were a total let down one third of the time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,987 ✭✭✭ottostreet

cant beat a bit of fast eddies!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 409 ✭✭dublincelt

Ya I got the "cod" there, it is a huge portion, could be pollock or hoki, but its standard enough practice for them to be substituted, the fish I got was so greasey that it actually leaked grease out of the bag and wreck my top!

Funny you should say that. Got food from there on Sat night. The fish although big was probably the worst I have got from any chipper anywhere. Really really crap, full of grease, threw it out in disgust. When it first opened a couple of months back it was excellent. Unfortunately standards have slipped so badly, I wont be back again, EVER.

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭dutchcat

yeah got it there the other night again it was sh..te, loads of it but not much use if you can't eat it, think i will just fast and get it in leo burdocks in christchurch next time i'm in dub:P

Stevecw wrote: »
    Luigis is good for Carlow as it sets a high standard which i hope the rest can match.
    in the three times i ordered food there i saw no higher standards especially where delivery was concerned. the pizza bases are awful and toppings are bland and tasteless, the cheeseburger was nice as were the chips but everything was not as hot as it should have been when compared to godfathers or dominos considering luigis dont have as far to travel to deliver, and ond delivery out of the three was so late everything was too cold to eat!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

SuperMacs on the Dublin road is falling behind a bit lately.
    The past three timers I went in they had no chicken breasts and the chips were cold. I think when they see someone who is in a little hurry they serve out the chippies that are resting under the hotlights?????
    Anyway.... compared to when it opened first the place has def slipped

The Gish wrote: »
    SuperMacs on the Dublin road is falling behind a bit lately.
    The past three timers I went in they had no chicken breasts and the chips were cold. I think when they see someone who is in a little hurry they serve out the chippies that are resting under the hotlights?????
    Anyway.... compared to when it opened first the place has def slipped
    cant understand why they even opened up out there as there is no houses only passing trade that is really not going to sustain them considering most people will stop in town so they can get things like a newspaper or other items when they are stopping for fast food!

cant understand why they even opened up out there as there is no houses only passing trade that is really not going to sustain them considering most people will stop in town so they can get things like a newspaper or other items when they are stopping for fast food!

no houses?
    lol, are you serious?

no houses?
    lol, are you serious?
    whatever houses are out that way it is obviously not enough to support a supermacs drive through! also it is situated in a business park and this is not easily accessible except from the dublin road from deerpark direction and most people driving to supermacs are going to pass at least one other take away en route and may well decide to use the one easiest to drive to rather than the one nearest to home as the crow flies!

whatever houses are out that way it is obviously not enough to support a supermacs drive through! also it is situated in a business park and this is not easily accessible except from the dublin road from deerpark direction and most people driving to supermacs are going to pass at least one other take away en route and may well decide to use the one easiest to drive to rather than the one nearest to home as the crow flies!

There are hundreds of houses out that way.
    It's easy to drive to from either direction, the beauty of roundabouts eh.

and seeing as the drive thru is always fairly busy I'd say there's plenty!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 117 ✭✭The Gish

I will give anyonee a clap on the back as quick as I would give them a slap on the hand.

My last post I informed you all that I was not impressed at all with Supermacs on the Dublin road and hadent been for a while. I called in yesterday and the day before as I was passing and I have to say they have improved. They had different staff on ?? Would this be the source of the problem? I dont know!
    The service was bloody excellent and friendly and the girls def knew how to interact with their customers. Well done.....

I am going to put my bad experiences down to plain bad luck on the days that I was there....but I will be watching hehehe

Went to that new ONGs place there last night(opposite from Subway)
    NICE!

seriously..very very nice food. Should try it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22 sweeney555

Might try Ongs, struggling to find a nice Chinese here

Thanks for the tip

have you tried the Golden Aroma yet?

I've had it twice now and I think its very tasty. I had Chilli Chicken Thai Noddles and they were amazing. They I tried the Duckling in Plum sauce which was also very tasty but the sweetness got a bit sickening towards the end.
    My g/f always gets 2 days eating out of a main course which is nice too. :)

They are on www.just-eat.ie which is a very handy way to order.
    Oh, and the last time we ordered they delivered within 10 or 15 minutes. Bit longer the first time but not too long.

ShayK1 wrote: »
    have you tried the Golden Aroma yet?

I've had it twice now and I think its very tasty. I had Chilli Chicken Thai Noddles and they were amazing. They I tried the Duckling in Plum sauce which was also very tasty but the sweetness got a bit sickening towards the end.
    My g/f always gets 2 days eating out of a main course which is nice too. :)

They are on www.just-eat.ie which is a very handy way to order.
    Oh, and the last time we ordered they delivered within 10 or 15 minutes. Bit longer the first time but not too long.
    have tried them twice and each time the chef got the order wrong. first time i was given chicken chow mein instead of beef and also they include those chicken wing things that just put you off eating, second time they left us without fried rice. as far as i can see the chef is letting the side down or at least getting blamed for it as delivery was very fast which probably means the meals are pre-cooked and just heated in a microwave? chinese food should take at least 35-40 minutes to cook and deliver.

wont be ringing them again.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭bluefirefly

Hows about the lotus? I always get food from them. Dont get deliverys very often tho. But I can tell you on week days its about half and hour wait, but weekends would be longer cos they're really busy.

I can tolerate mistakes from a place if its not a BIG one( wrong food given, KFC always give me chicken breasts instead of drumsticks! ) I've heard people given out really badly because there's vegetables in the fried rice...and there's only like a few peas in it.........
    Also if the delievery is within 45mins and still good to eat its cool with me( is that low standard?)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Went to that new ONGs place there last night(opposite from Subway)
    NICE!

seriously..very very nice food. Should try it.

My dad is one of their delivery drivers and he was telling me they are being swamped with orders. They also deliver out to Ballon, Leighlin, Tullow etc.

How hard can it be to get good fast food in carlow? Just tried to order from Mizzonni's and the person that answered was unable to understand me or take my order! That is ridiculous having someone with poor english answering the phone for what is probably also a busy take away!

How hard can it be to get good fast food in carlow? Just tried to order from Mizzonni's and the person that answered was unable to understand me or take my order! That is ridiculous having someone with poor english answering the phone for what is probably also a busy take away!

You know i'm starting to think you're making up stuff just to complain about. I ring mizzonis the whole time(and tonight too) and they can always understand perfectly.
    Seriously man, I know you love complaining(it's all you do on boards) but cop on to yourself.

You know i'm starting to think you're making up stuff just to complain about. I ring mizzonis the whole time(and tonight too) and they can always understand perfectly.
    Seriously man, I know you love complaining(it's all you do on boards) but cop on to yourself.
    i rang and the girl had trouble firstly with the phone number then did not seem to understand what i wanted to order, it is not hard for such places to have one person answering the phone that has english good enough to take orders correctly! poor english only leads to confusion and wrong orders which means loss of repeat business.

@ShayK1 a credit card is required for that just-eat site if i am not mistaken?

i simply want to order a take away and have it arrive in good time as ordered with nothing added or missing and drinks etc included but it seems the take aways in carlow have problems with the concept of getting orders right!

i have no problem with mistakes being made as i have stated in previous posts i have given some establishments more than one chance to get it right but i will not give them more than one chance as if they are interedsted in staying in business thay should really pay more attention to looking after their customers!

• Advertisement

I always pay with the card cause I don't carry much cash with me but I'm almost certain they do "Cash on Delivery".
    I'll check the next time I use it.

Advertisement