Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATT: Promoters

Options
  • 27-10-2009 8:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

With so many events up and down the country its getting harder and harder to keep up with fighters records.
    Im putting this request up here for all promoters. Can you please record your event results on some of the online MMA databases? I use mmauniverse. Its fairly easy all you have to do is send them an e-mail with the results.
    If we do not keep these records up to date it could mean that fighters will not get the international recognition that they deserve.

Thanks for your time

Marty :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭John Ferguson

Hi all.

With so many events up and down the country its getting harder and harder to keep up with fighters records.
    Im putting this request up here for all promoters. Can you please record your event results on some of the online MMA databases? I use mmauniverse. Its fairly easy all you have to do is send them an e-mail with the results.
    If we do not keep these records up to date it could mean that fighters will not get the international recognition that they deserve.

Thanks for your time

Good evening Mr Walker, nice to see you got your computer fixed!!!!

The www.fight.ie website is due to be launched in 2 weeks, it will have both club and figher data bases, we will also have a promotion data base with full results section. Also there will be an online shop and chat forum.

Its also our aim to provide Irish Rankings in all weight classes. We have put together a rankings panel to help us provide this.

The panel is: Peter Lavery, Aidan Marron, Mark Leonard, David Jones, Conor Cassidy, Paul Cowzer and Ursula Lynch

We will be contacting all clubs soon to collect the information we need before our launch.

Anyone needing information just give me a call

Cheers

John
    www.fight.ie
    Cage Contender, 14th Nov 2009, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭Martin Walker

I know this John.

The point is that some recent shows have been and gone and you cant find the results anywhere. So records are wrong. What happens if the big show comes to these shores again and a fighter who could potentially get the call dosnt because his/her record is wrong?

As for your panel. I dont think you have the right people involved.

. So records are wrong. What happens if the big show comes to these shores again and a fighter who could potentially get the call dosnt because his/her record is wrong

I totally agree, records need to be up to date!!! maybe the most simple way would be if the coaches look after their fighters record. This way there is somebody looking after it!!!

Nice to see Mr Begley in todays Irish News (pg38)

John

• Registered Users Posts: 385 ✭✭IFS.NI

Yea this is no problem, i will check out the MMA universe site and update as required

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭UFR Management

Hi all.

Thanks for your time

Martin makes a valid point,i think its the responsibility of the promotion to send in the results

As an example i have Norman Parke who has gone 7-1-0,because of Irish events not turning in results to MMAU,Sherdog etc only 3 of these results have been registered

I have worked with some of the bigger international promotions and this does cause problems

David Patterson

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

I've sent in results to MMAU before and they didn't get put up. I'll resubmit them again but they have a lot wrong and Marty is right it's up to the promoter to correct them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

According to MMAUniverse I'm on a 6 fight win streak... nobody touch anything! ;)

Tim_Murphy wrote: »
    According to MMAUniverse I'm on a 6 fight win streak... nobody touch anything! ;)

LOL thats quality!

What David said above is exactly what im talking about.
    If the UFC for example were to come to these shores in the next few months Norman Parks (in my opinion) should be the next Irish man to get the call. I would hate for his big chance to be missed simply because his record hasnt been kept up to date by the promoters of the shows hes fought on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

Many promotions are lax about getting results submitted alright, that being said MMA Universe's system doesn't make it easy for anyone. TW is up to date
    of course :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smayhem

I think Irish ranking are a great idea and totally agree with having people from differant clubs and areas involved in this process.
    BUT i cant understand how Mrs Lynch is involved in such a process? I just dont see how this lady is qualifed enough to be involed in such a process. No disrespect to the women herself this post is about nothing more than the fact someone has decided to let a fan be involved in something as important as rankings.
    Does no one else share this point??:confused:
    Surely if a women is going to be on board (as there should be)it should be someone who is or has competed in some way or another, an example being Aisling Daley a well respected female fighter and figure in Irish MMA, again just an example but its the point of having someone with experiance!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭bella1

I THINK ITS A GREAT IDEA TO HAVE SOME ONE TO SEND THE RESULTS TO
    I AM ONE OF THE GUYS THAT RUN SHOWS AND DO NOT SEND IN RESULTS AS I HAVE TRIED BEFORE AND THEY WERE NEVER PUT UP.
    I MYSELF HAVE FOUGHT ON SHOWS AND THERE IS NO RECORD OF THEM.
    CHEERS ANDY

• Registered Users Posts: 10,549 ✭✭✭✭cowzerp

smayhem wrote: »
    I think Irish ranking are a great idea and totally agree with having people from differant clubs and areas involved in this process.
    BUT i cant understand how Mrs Lynch is involved in such a process? I just dont see how this lady is qualifed enough to be involed in such a process. No disrespect to the women herself this post is about nothing more than the fact someone has decided to let a fan be involved in something as important as rankings.
    Surely if a women is going to be on board (as there should be)it should be someone who is or has competed in some way or another, an example being Aisling Daley a well respected female fighter and figure in Irish MMA, again just an example but its the point of having someone with experiance!!

In the area she is in Mrs Lynch gets to see nearly all the MMA action that goes on and is very passionate about it, I'm sure she has a deeper knowledge of northern MMA than i do-Been a female does not mean anything to be straight.

If you don't feel she's qualified fair enough but the reasons why need to be legit, her sex is not and I'm sure the ranking system is not set in stone and people not benefiting the scheme will move on..

Rush Boxing club and Rush Martial Arts head coach.

smayhem wrote: »

The last time i checked Mrs Lynch was a Judge at some shows, not just a fan?? Correct me if i am wrong :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 181 ✭✭Marty Mc

plus her husband was one of the first irish men to fight on the ufc..

so she has a deeper knowledge of mixed martial arts than u give her credit for..

u can give me that fiver later urs..;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 178 ✭✭Aisling!

fightie wrote: »

The panel is: Peter Lavery, Aidan Marron, Mark Leonard, David Jones, Conor Cassidy, Paul Cowzer and Ursula Lynch

John
    www.fight.ie
    Cage Contender, 14th Nov 2009, Clarion Hotel, Carrickfergus

I don't mind not being chosen as the female representative on the panel, I'm not so interested in it so I wish Ursula all the best.

How come John Kavanagh isn't on the panel? I find that odd!

Surely if a women is going to be on board (as there should be)it
    Why should there be a woman on the board. I don’t see how ones sex is relevant one way or the other.

Aisling! wrote: »
    How come John Kavanagh isn't on the panel? I find that odd!
    Why? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 smayhem

cowzerp wrote: »
    In the area she is in Mrs Lynch gets to see nearly all the MMA action that goes on and is very passionate about it, I'm sure she has a deeper knowledge of northern MMA than i do-Been a female does not mean anything to be straight.

If you don't feel she's qualified fair enough but the reasons why need to be legit, her sex is not and I'm sure the ranking system is not set in stone and people not benefiting the scheme will move on..

The persons sex is irelavent its not what my problem is. My problem is that i feel Mrs Lynch is not qualified to be involved in the whole ranking situation, i also dont believe she should be judging at shows as i dont possibly see how she can be conciderd an expert, i was told that Mrs Lynch had deducted Liam Ward a point before his fight had even stared because he was making gestures out of the ring how can someone deduct a point without the ref saying so??
    The fact that Stevie Lynch was in the ufc is irelavent, how does that give her greater knowledge of the sport??
    I dont deny Mrs Lynch is at most shows and always showing a keen intrest but there are other fans like that up north like that guy who thinks hes Chuck Liddell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭Mrs Lynch

Thanks for the support guys;) (Marty I'll giv u that fiver no probs u guys r cheap up in Derry lol)

Deducting a point of Ward - well yes I had marked down it was something I was gonna take up with Peter Lavery, as I am sure in Chaos rules it does have sportsmanship behaviour!!!

As for the panel - it was a great honour to have been recommended for the post by mma promoters. I think sometimes a different perspective on things can always be a good thing. I think its totally irrelevant whether I fight or not - Im still 100% committed to this sport and have tried my uptmost to do good for it! The panel (I would assume) is taking facts into consideration i.e. fighters records etc I think that speaks for itself!

As for a lady fighter well Ais is one of my heros and to have her and Pauls support is great.

Mrs Lynch
    xxx

WTF??
    Who hijacked my thread?

• Advertisement

WTF??
    Who hijacked my thread?

Sorry Big guy!!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭Nothingcompares

If the panel decides it needs a self-proclaimed-irish-internet-mma-know-it-all I'm available.

Sorry MArty for more OTness.

Sorry Marty for more OTness.

No big deal man i think ive got my point across.

Also I think the thread has brought up a legitamate discussion anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭weemate

Personally I think having a member of the panel that is not affiliated to any promotion or club has got to be a good thing.It brings a neutral view into the discussions.Im happy to work with Mrs Lynch just as I was happy enough to see her judging at some of the shows.Her knowledge of mma both local and worldwide is bordering on the obsessive!!lol.in fairness,she prolly knows more about the sport than a lot of the guys that attend shows in this country,she travels to as many shows that she can as a fan and supports all the fighters on the show.
    I think that this qualifies her to give an educated opinion on the local scene.
    Peter

Why? :confused:

Because John has more MMA experience than anyone else on the panel. Most of those on the panel were originally coached by John before going there own separate ways. More experience to me equals better able to determine rankings.

Why should there be a woman on the board. I don’t see how ones sex is relevant one way or the other.

I think it's Important to have a female representative on the panel to show that there is a female fanbase, female interest in the sport and give some female input into the sport. In an ideal world ones sex should not matter but we all know that is not the case therefore the female minority may need some help in being represented.

A female representative on this panel can only do good things to encourage FeMMA in this country aswell, when other females see women are respected in the Irish MMA community on many different levels it will encourage them to partake in the sport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,448 ✭✭✭Roper

John has done excellent work for Irish MMA and is very qualified to judge a rankings system, but I would also say that the people on the panel have done excellent work for Irish MMA and are very qulaified to judge a rankings system :).

David Patterson isn't on it, neither is Paddy Mooney. It's not a reflection of people's time in it's just a panel... a coalition of the willing perhaps :D

Because John has more MMA experience than anyone else on the panel. Most of those on the panel were originally coached by John before going there own separate ways. More experience to me equals better able to determine rankings.

All the above it true but there are other things to think about as well:
    1. Would he have any interest in doing it in the first place?
    2. How closely does he follow the local scene? How many shows would he regularly be at?

I mean, I would consider myself reasonably knowledgeable when it comes to MMA but I wouldn't really have a clue about a lot (most ) of the newer fighters on the scene so I wouldn’t really be a great person to be involved with a ranking committee. I’d imagine somebody like Ursula would be a much better person for the job.

I think it's Important to have a female representative on the panel to show that there is a female fanbase, female interest in the sport and give some female input into the sport. In an ideal world ones sex should not matter but we all know that is not the case therefore the female minority may need some help in being represented.

A female representative on this panel can only do good things to encourage FeMMA in this country aswell, when other females see women are respected in the Irish MMA community on many different levels it will encourage them to partake in the sport.

:confused: I find it hard to believe that many people (male or female) getting involved in the sport would care one way or other TBH. Girls seeing female coaches involved, or female fighters such as yourself is one thing, but why would they care who is involved in some committee?

If there's going to be a token female on it then shouldn't there be a token black guy too then? :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭bella1

can one person not look after this (mark leonard would be good)
    only active fighters and real weights and a class fights should only count.
    each club should have to send in there results to the panel as it is hard to keep up with every show here or abroad.
    why should a panel pick there best 10 at each weight.
    this needs to be done right.
    thanks andy ryan team ryano.

Advertisement