Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joe Coleman rollcall for Knock Sat 31st Oct

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

robindch wrote: »
    No doubt, just in time for the second coming.

What have I created...
    :/

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Just heard on the news that people are gathering at Knock today to see an apparition of Mary at 3 this afternoon. what the hell is going on with people? What will they have to say when nothing happens.
    Anyone know who the idiot is that is claiming he knows this will happen?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭eoin5

dahdahnana News Headline! Knockites to Force-Blind Children!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Beeker's new thread on this merged with the existing one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭Panrich

I see from the thread list that 'Mary at Knock' has moved already.

Shouldn't have long to wait now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

2009 and we still have people who would rather find confort from crack pots and fairytales then know the truth about the universe. It makes me weep with frustration:(

• Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Turtwig

Beeker wrote: »
    2009 and we still have people who would rather find confort from crack pots and fairytales then know the truth about the universe. It makes me weep with frustration:(

*Feels your pain*

• Registered Users Posts: 6,940 ✭✭✭furiousox

Won't be long now...lights go down, mary waiting nervously backstage ("what is no-one shows up?" etc)

A pat on the back from joe and then....

"MA-RY!"
    "MA-RY!"
    "MA-RY!"

Rock and Rolllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CPL 593H

furiousox wrote: »
    Won't be long now...lights go down, mary waiting nervously backstage ("what is no-one shows up?" etc)

A pat on the back from joe and then....

"MA-RY!"
    "MA-RY!"
    "MA-RY!"

Rock and Rolllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭fatmammycat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nGJC1pM54EQ

Clear, concise non hysterical clip of the last no show. This is ridiculous. Listen to the old boy in the background trying to convince people he can see 'something'.

• Advertisement

What's even more hysterical is that so many people will die today, some needlessly, and a bunch of hippies in Knock will come away convinced thinking that a miracle happened before their very eyes. Oh the delusion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 285 ✭✭sold

Guys, come on, of course its a ary!, Who else could make the sun Shrine in Mayo!. I means there is pertetual rain here.

On serious note... If you look long an hard and any object believeing in somthing your mind will always find a reason to think something miraculous is there, faces in trees,on walls. But the accounts of the original appartition in Knock the people say the same vision for a prolonged time and it was conclusive something had appeared. Today all people are going to see (and I am posting at 11:54) is (maybe.//) the sun shining, and if you look at it long enought it will move and dance, thats it. I am more prophet than this charlaton. I do believe in Knock, just not in the Coleman Clairvoyant who charges 50 euros per 10 minute reading.. If he REALLY believed why the high rates??....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭lugha

sold wrote: »
    Today all people are going to see (and I am posting at 11:54) is (maybe.//) the sun shining, and if you look at it long enought it will move and dance, thats it.
    Maybe not. If some of us got our skates on and headed for Knock land, how hard would it be to project an image of Satan or some such on to a gable wall. :p I mean Joe gave us dates and times. He is practically asking that someone pull such a stroke ... unless he has something similar planned himself! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Or someone could just dress up, but that wouldn't work would it they'd stick out like a sore thumb .... oh wait what's today???!!!!!!! The man's a frickin GENIUS!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I dont understand why people have to mock what others believe in. So what if people believe that there will be apparitions?

There are going to be families there today, with parents urging their children to stare at the sun.

I hope nobody goes blind or suffers permanent sight damage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,969 ✭✭✭robby^5

But the accounts of the original appartition in Knock the people say the same vision for a prolonged time and it was conclusive something had appeared.

Well they all say they saw something, that's about all that's conclusive about the apparitions at Knock.

It was either deception or delusion, of which there is a case for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,352 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

I do believe in Knock, just not in the Coleman Clairvoyant who charges 50 euros per 10 minute reading.. If he REALLY believed why the high rates??....
    Why do you believe in Knock, a 'vision' seen by 2 people and a 'glow' apparently seen by a farmer a long distance away, but you don't believe in the current 'appiritions that dozens of people would swear blind to have witnessed?

What's the substnative difference that makes you believe in one 'miracle' but not the others? (other than the existence of cameras to verify that the current events are a load or rubbish)

It's called exposure something or something???:confused:

Basically the human mind is prone to accepting things it is already familiar with. The story of Knock is familiar to all of us and we were brought up accepting it as the truth, therefore we find it harder to deny. The same thing kinda goes for Mr Coleman, most Catholics in Ireland have accepted, subconsciously at least, that most apparitions in the present day are nonsense and thus they tend to deny any thing that challenges that principle. Whereas the story of Knock being familiar to them is one that is harder to reject and ignore evidence or no evidence. What this means is that in a 100 or so years time, the kids of the people who 'witnessed' Coleman's event will easily believe that it happened but if another 'JColeman' was to come along and make another prediction for a then future apparition the vast majority would not believe it.

Edit : <removed link. nope that not it either..:(>

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,517 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Ooh it's almost time!
    This should be fun.

Wait for it!!!!

• Advertisement

Almost!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,231 ✭✭✭Fad

YAY

Yes yes yes..............................................:eek:

* awaits miracle*

* starts to get bored, and hungry*

There she is..............................................
    playboyvirginmary.jpg
    Yeah yeah yeah.....................................................;)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 24,404 Mod ✭✭✭✭robindch

* offers sandwich to fatmammycat and asks about the next bus back to dublin. comments about the rain *

*accepts sammich gratefully, puts rain down to rain dance performed by Fat Cat in lieu of watering flower beds, is impressed by virgin efforts at magic, plans to charge folk in future*

According to the times only about 7,000 of the expected 50,000 showed up, well 49,999, I'm not going to include Mary. She was never really a factor. Can we put this fraud back in his box now or what?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Maybe not showing up is a sign? :pac:

REPENT SINNERS!

Advertisement