Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dragon Age: Origins Question

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭wayne040576

Was listening to the gamespot podcast earlier. They were saying the console versions look/preform fairly poor compared to the pc version (especially if you've just finished uncharted on the ps3) with the 360 version coming out worst. Lots of jittering due to loading. Perhaps a hard drive install would help it.

Downloading my pc version from D2D at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

theres DLC out already for this?

is the game even out yet :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

I've never preloaded a game from Steam before - how long does it usually take? I started preloading Dragon Age at about 9pm there and it's on 8% 40 minutes later. I was hoping to have it ready for midnight :(

• Registered Users Posts: 19,976 ✭✭✭✭humanji

Well my CE copy arrived. No cloth map and not even the metal case. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

So for anyone thats played it is the combat hard to get use to?

Its like any other RPG on the PC, sometimes its hard for a character to get close to enemies in small places, doors and the like.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Does anyone know the price in the shops? Tempted to Download from steam..

• Registered Users Posts: 275 ✭✭Griffin87

I seen it for 30euro delivered

cheack this website for cheapest prices

www.gamestracker.com

• Registered Users Posts: 1,742 ✭✭✭Branoic

God damn it! I can't get past the character creator - the game hangs the whole pc after about 5 minutes. This has reminded me why I've grown to detest pc gaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

Anyone preorder this for the XBOX?

I just got the codes emailed to me for the preorder DLC items, and they are 20 digit codes, codes for the XBOX should be 25 digit. Needless to say they didn't work.

Anyone else get the codes for the xbox and did they work?

I preordered off Game.co.uk, probably wont have the game until next week, It didn't arrive today.
    Branoic wrote: »
    God damn it! I can't get past the character creator - the game hangs the whole pc after about 5 minutes. This has reminded me why I've grown to detest pc gaming.

I jumped ship years ago, and haven't looked back since.

\Hugs XBOX

CKWPORT wrote: »
    Anyone preorder this for the XBOX?

I just got the codes emailed to me for the preorder DLC items, and they are 20 digit codes, codes for the XBOX should be 25 digit. Needless to say they didn't work.

Anyone else get the codes for the xbox and did they work?

I preordered off Game.co.uk, probably wont have the game until next week, It didn't arrive today.

I jumped ship years ago, and haven't looked back since.

\Hugs XBOX
    Do you not enter the code in on the Dragonage website? That's what you do for the PC version and when you log into the game you get the DLC when it logs onto their server. Not sure if that's how the Xbox version works.

• Advertisement

It says in the email to go into the Redeem Code option on the Xbox dash and enter the code.

But that option only accepts 25 digit codes, not the 20 digit ones provided by game.co.uk.

CKWPORT wrote: »
    It says in the email to go into the Redeem Code option on the Xbox dash and enter the code.

But that option only accepts 25 digit codes, not the 20 digit ones provided by game.co.uk.
    The PC ones are 20 digit, so that's why I just thought it might be for that.

Will wait till I get the game, maybe there is a redeem code option in game.

If any here gets the xbox version, let me know did their codes work.
    Thanks

I just found this page: http://daforums.bioware.com/viewtopic.html?topic=702436&forum=135

Apparently you enter the codes in-game.

That link is blocked here at work...

But you are probably right, here is a little thanks for your hard work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,987 ✭✭✭Auvers

Branoic wrote: »

http://www.strategyinformer.com/pc/dragonage/patch/33583.html

the new patch could fix your problems

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Anyone any idea of price in Game, gamestop, hmv etc? For CE and regular edition...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I got the PC regular edition in Gamestop this morning for 39.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Game:
    360 (and ps3?)
    Regular 49.99
    CE: 59.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

Anyone know if the ps3 version is being released any earlier than the 20th?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

G2play.net have a few copies still available, both normal and deluxe. Just bought the deluxe version myself for a tad over 35 euro :)

Downloading the additional content now and ready to get stuck in, looks pretty damn good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

Picked up my copy in Game today, SE for €40 and CE for €50 (PC edition).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 605 ✭✭✭ghouldaddy07

Anyone know if tesco or xtravision are stocking this?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Game's prices are a bit high, aren't they?! They've normally been pretty good in the last year. I saw Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 in there for €60 the other day, no way...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Dam My local gamestop were sold out :( gonna try in the city tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Mr. K wrote: »
    Game's prices are a bit high, aren't they?! They've normally been pretty good in the last year. I saw Marvel Ultimate Alliance 2 in there for €60 the other day, no way...

feck that, I'll get it when it goes below €25.

Is this a game you can play for an hour at a time, or do you need an evening set aside to get into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 397 ✭✭cashville

grizzly - you'll need to set weeks/months possibly a lifetime aside for this!!!! been playing it since early today. loving it so far...it's not perfect, but it is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 175 ✭✭Ordin73

I'm in the same dilemma, PC or Console..After many years of not buying the latest games because my rig couldn't handle it, I have jumped ship and bought a modern console.:rolleyes:
    What I was wondering is, are there going to be expansion versions at a later stage as with Fallout 3? And as with that game is it only going to be available on the XBOX 360 version and NOT for the PS3??:confused::confused::confused:
    If anyone can enlighten me BEFORE I get the game I'd be grateful...My birthday is in a few days time you see :D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,295 ✭✭✭ionapaul

Feck me...sold out of every games shop in the city centre today! Went to place to place but no luck. Is anyone playing it? How is it?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Making It Bad

ionapaul wrote: »
    Feck me...sold out of every games shop in the city centre today! Went to place to place but no luck. Is anyone playing it? How is it?!

What version were you trying to get? I'm playing it and it's amazing, best game I have played in ages. I love everything about it from the combat to the story.

Advertisement