Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

True Blood: Tonight TG4 @ 11:25

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,916 ✭✭✭dubmick

Thanks, think I watched it on FX. Feels like a long time ago now.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

The last 2 episodes haven't be that great, The Funeral and Sookie's brother goes to the Vampire Bar. They both have been a bit slow. I am guessing it gets better from the other posters here. But I think it has gone the other way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Glad to see a thread on this show, I've really gotten into it over the past few weeks and it's not normally the kind of thing I'd watch.
    I don't think it's that slow moving at all.

Glad to see a thread on this show, I've really gotten into it over the past few weeks and it's not normally the kind of thing I'd watch.
    I don't think it's that slow moving at all.

I didn't either but the last 2 episodes that aired on TG4 weren't as good as the first few.

I assume the werewolf was around in the last episode but that wasn't really explained.

The exorcism seemed a bit rushed. I did think that Tara's mother was excellent in the show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

I just finished watching the Two Series of this. It's good enough, some holes in the story but it's entertaining. Have to say Ryan Kwanten is hilarious in it. Cant believe he's the same guy that played Vinny in Home And Away.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭TetsuoHashimoto

The DVD is worth it for the extras

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 Graciie

ive read da books a good read!!
    very defferent frm da series do!! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

Does anyone know was the the episode aired on Channel 4 on Wed 23rd the last one of Series One?

Seems like a really short series.

Any news on when Series Two hits our shores?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Do Sookie and Tara ever become less annoying?

• Registered Users Posts: 43,815 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Mink wrote: »
    Does anyone know was the the episode aired on Channel 4 on Wed 23rd the last one of Series One?
    From a quick Google, it was indeed!
    Seems like a really short series.
    12 episodes.. standard length for a HBO series. Said it once and I'll say it again, these 22 - 24 episode series are for the birds - too much filler. Every series should be 12 - 16 episodes tops!
    Any news on when Series Two hits our shores?
    If you have FX (on Sky), it'll be on from February. Nice teaser trailer here!
    JP Liz wrote: »
    Do Sookie and Tara ever become less annoying?
    Sookie I don't mind.. Tara on the other hand! :mad:

• Advertisement

basquille wrote: »
    12 episodes.. standard length for a HBO series. Said it once and I'll say it again, these 22 - 24 episode series are for the birds - too much filler. Every series should be 12 - 16 episodes tops!

12 episodes from HBO = 12 hours
    22 episodes from Network TV = 14 to 15 hours (they only run for 40mins)

Cable TV Drama/Comedy is just far better than the networks.
    Sookie I don't mind.. Tara on the other hand!

True. But Tara isn't supposed to be liked.

I thought that either C4 or TG4 would just run series 2 straight after series 1.

I hear FX is coming to UPC next month :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,260 ✭✭✭Mink

basquille wrote: »
    Said it once and I'll say it again, these 22 - 24 episode series are for the birds - too much filler. Every series should be 12 - 16 episodes tops!

If you have FX (on Sky), it'll be on from February. Nice teaser trailer here!

Sookie I don't mind.. Tara on the other hand! :mad:

Good thing I have Sky so!
    I like Tara's character on the show, she's nothing like that in the books & features very infrequently. I guess they wanted another strong female character who has story lines. The actress who plays her mother is brilliant - mad as a brush.

Can't wait to see more of Eric in Series 2, definitely one of the more interesting character - in the books at least.

tara is nothing like dat it the books but she is very annoying in the series!! i luv layfette!! even better than the book!!:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,148 ✭✭✭✭KnifeWRENCH

Tara is one of my favourite characters on the show; I like that she's so loud and obnoxious, makes her a fun character.

I've missed the last 2 episodes on TG4 but I'm probably gonna end up buying Season 1 on DVD some time soon so hopefully I'll catch up before TG4 shows Season 2.

does nee one no wen true blood season 2 is cumin to tg4?? i mean we wont hav to wait til halloween will we???:(

Graciie wrote: »
    does nee one no wen true blood season 2 is cumin to tg4?? i mean we wont hav to wait til halloween will we???:(

They have it scheduled this Wednesday, but it could just be the first episode of season 1. The own supernatural thriller starts on Wednesday night NA CLOIGNE

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Is this worth sticking with?

My girlfriend borrowed this from a friend who said to watch a few episodes before giving up. I've watched 6 episodes now, and I'm just not warming to it at all. I'm struggling to think of anything I really like about it tbh.

Will I end up liking Sookie (worst name in TV history) at some point? Because I have no empathy for her character, the scene where she sat at the table and ate that pie just seemed like a bunch of pretentious crap.

I'd say my taste is diverse, so that shouldn't be an issue. The last two shows I really enjoyed were Glee and The Wire.

So, should I stick it out till the end of S1?

6 episodes in you may as well. I think season one started out well (I seem to be the only one) and finished well. Most seemed to think that they just got into it after the 3rd of 4th episode. Some of the reveals are a bit slow in coming.

I think Tara's and Scookie's Bother's storyline are better than scookies, well they provide the most comic relief. Even as annoying as Tara can be, I have met people like Tara.

I think they should have used the Sheriff and the Detective more, and really investigated the murders, I felt that most of the detective work was left to Sookie and Bill. And it should have had more clues during the series as to who the murderer was, I know it wasn't a Whodunnit but the final reveal made it out to be that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Finished the first season, don't think I'll be coming back for more. There are better things to be watching tbh. Not the worst thing I've seen though, being fair.

Also, I thought of a few things I like about the show. Eric, who you see more of in the 2nd half of the series, Sam (although his jealousy grows tiresome) and the theme song, which is just excellent.

Still have absolutely no interest in Sookie, and that's probably why I won't watch S2.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,343 ✭✭✭Dull and Boring

I'm addicted to this show! Love Lafayette, Eric and Tara!
    TBT2_Shelter_Seconds.jpg
    Season 2 is back on FX 26th Feb so TG4 might be after that cos FX showed S1 way before TG4 or Channel 4.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 True Blood Rocks

9th September and i cannot wait im dying to see it!!! read all 10 books absolutly loved em cant wait for book 11 :p:p:p

Love sookie and bill but so canny wait for the new arrivals!!!! Wont spoil it for ya :eek:

ND :D
    DR:pac:

4 Evr n Evr

• Registered Users Posts: 55,473 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

True Blood is about vampires, not zombies (this thread is oooold....) :)

Please visit the True Blood forum if you want to discuss the show.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement