Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

U2 Streaming Their Concert Live

Options
  • 26-10-2009 3:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,713 ✭✭✭

I feel like the only one up at this time and I probably should have posted this a couple of days ago but for those who don't know: U2 are streaming there gig in The Rose Bowl at 8:30PM (PT), which translates to 3:30AM in Ireland, tonight.

It's streamed directly from their Youtube Page which has an off-air video stream above the bog standard usual layout. Just a heads up for those who want to see it.

I think it'll be uploaded to Youtube as a whole concert, but don't quote me on that.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

http://www.youtube.com/u2?feature=ticker

You may have to wait a few minutes for it to buffer but its there!:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

kewl

• Registered Users Posts: 1,243 ✭✭✭discobeaker

Its gonna be cool to see what we missed out on in Dublin with it being dark when the band actually play!

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭Dj Stiggie

Thanks for posting this

I just got home from work and forgot it was on so I'm chuffed :D

As far as I know its only being shown again at selected times, I know that sounds weird so don't quote me on that

It really belongs in 'bargain alerts' forum considering ticket prices:(
    on their 2nd song now,hope it is not just going to be a 'showcase'for new songs and leave out their 'Classics'What a set and arena though!

• Advertisement

ynotdu wrote: »
    It really belongs in 'bargain alerts' forum considering ticket prices:(
    on their 2nd song now,hope it is not just going to be a 'showcase'for new songs and leave out their 'Classics'What a set and arena though!

I would say its kinda gonna be like the Dublin shows where they played about 6 from the new album and the rest the classics. The lights look amazing. We totally lost out in Dublin :(

• Registered Users Posts: 7,936 ✭✭✭ballsymchugh

trying hard to stay awake!! have i missed if i don't go crazy tonight yet?? that was pretty cool in dublin!! (and everywhere else too!)

trying hard to stay awake!! have i missed if i don't go crazy tonight yet?? that was pretty cool in dublin!! (and everywhere else too!)

No you didnt miss it. I hope they play stay (faraway so close) I love that song

No you didnt miss it. I hope they play stay (faraway so close) I love that song

excellent. they played stay in dublin. so i'd be pretty sure they'll play it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,823 ✭✭✭deisedude

Pretty cool so far, Stage is amazing. How many is in that crowd? Its huge!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,536 ✭✭✭worded

I would say its kinda gonna be like the Dublin shows where they played about 6 from the new album and the rest the classics. The lights look amazing. We totally lost out in Dublin :(

I remember Bowies glass spider in Slane in the late 80s and the show had to end before it got dark due to risk of insurance claims when it got dark.
    Pity alright.

excellent. they played stay in dublin. so i'd be pretty sure they'll play it here.

I think they only played it at 1 of the Dublin shows. Think they played Desire and Stuck in a moment the other nights.

jaysis bonio's having some trouble with the high notes!! have a drink of water man! and a month off!

deisedude wrote: »
    Pretty cool so far, Stage is amazing. How many is in that crowd? Its huge!

The rose bowl holds 92,000 all seated so its bound to be well over 100,000 at the show. Lucky Bastards :D

The rose bowl holds 92,000 all seated so its bound to be well over 100,000 at the show. Lucky Bastards :D

Wow!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Doesn't seem to be great 'Elevation' from Bono's mike! Either that or his voice is gone down an octave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭tech77

Fcuking bull$hit.
    Anyone know what the problem might be.
    Is it meant to stream automatically?

Wow!

Pretty mad. On the popmart tour they played a show in Italy to 150,000!!!!
    I wonder what the biggest crowd they have played too

It's blowing Me away so far! Jeez If ya have to stay awake all night THIS is the way to do it!!!!!!!!!!:)

Bono is GREAT.when he just opens his mouth to sing not talk! Lol

That was a nice touch mentioning Stephen Gately

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Jesus. What a stage setup.

Thankfully I am going to their show in Vancouver on Wednesday, the last of the tour.
    :)

Lads are you getting an automatic stream when you open the U2 youtube channel.
    I can't get anything.

tech77 wrote: »
    Lads are you getting an automatic stream when you open the U2 youtube channel.
    I can't get anything.

it's not a flash problem or something is it?? what speed broadband are you using?

it's not a flash problem or something is it?? what speed broadband are you using?

I've no problem playing youtube videos so i'm fairly sure it's not a flash problem.
    It's o2 broadband.
    Could the pricks have blocked it?
    Thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Bloody awesome stage!!

tech77 wrote: »
    I've no problem playing youtube videos so i'm fairly sure it's not a flash problem.
    It's o2 broadband.
    Could the pricks have blocked it?
    Thanks for your help.

maybe. if o2 have done something, then try it through this site.

http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html

That was a nice touch mentioning Stephen Gately

agreed!and the tribute to the Astronauts onboard the ISS{although Paul McCarthney did that first!}

A boardsie in the USA cannot get the Stream either due to a slow speed,have You tried the two links on posts earlior.although they 'appear the same the URL's are slightly diffrient.it might be that too many are tuned in worldwide now,try let it buffer,might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭vinylbomb

Is it just me or is their vocal quality (particularly the Edge's) totally gash?

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭musicmonky

its good but its bad... i watch it with the sound off and KNOW exactly whats playing... is that werid

• Advertisement

maybe. if o2 have done something, then try it through this site.
    http://anonymouse.org/anonwww.html
    ynotdu wrote: »
    A boardsie in the USA cannot get the Stream either due to a slow speed,have You tried the two links on posts earlior.although they 'appear the same the URL's are slightly diffrient.it might be that too many are tuned in worldwide now,try let it buffer,might help.

Yeah it could be a speed thing- but it's not even loading.:confused:
    Tried the links and the anonymous thing- nothing.
    Thanks for your help- i'm going to bed
    :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Advertisement