Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Achievement are you most proud of?

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Adverts | Friends
    CMod: Esoteric Order of Dagon, Films, Instruments, Lord of the Rings, Microcube, Rock & Metal, World of Warcraft, Films, Music

A serious ****ing illness

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

was one of the reasons i lost a girlfriend about 3 years ago when i was first getting into wow. was with her a long time and kick myself every other day over it!

still play wow now though :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Probably Firefighter 25, because it took so much wipes to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

copeyhagen wrote: »
    was one of the reasons i lost a girlfriend about 3 years ago when i was first getting into wow. was with her a long time and kick myself every other day over it!

still play wow now though :o

Stuff like that makes me feel so pimp that I can juggle the two, its like a mistress, you lie to your girlfriend, telling her your playing poker.

But your slutting it up in Azeroth...right?

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

Also, I realise the irony of posting this on boards at 3am. Am I boards addict? It's not an addiction, it's an illness.

so true... :rolleyes:

btw can i request this to be a sticky?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,265 ✭✭✭Seifer

Think this belongs in here so everyone knows what they're aiming for :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dazzie

Seifer wrote: »
    Think this belongs in here so everyone knows what they're aiming for :P

rolf

dazzie wrote: »
    rolf

holy siht...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭Nehaxak

I hate to say it, but if you're raiding until 3am on a weekend, maybe the problem isn't with the game, it's with you. You see, I don't even know how I'd go about raiding until 3am on any night, because as far as my experience goes, it's just not done. Any raiding guild I've been in, we've had set raid times during the week, usually in the evenings around 20:00-00:00 server time (19:00-23:00 here) and not on weekends. Every guild I know of raids this way, never have I seen people raiding into the night like you describe, at least not on my server.

I've raided many a time way into the early hours. Once you find a dedicated group of guildies willing to put the time and effort into something, to beat a raid, learn everything, try new tactics etc., if you're all enjoying it and not getting too tired then it's a lot of fun and very enjoyable. Never really liked guilds that stopped raiding at a set time, rather than just continue if people were willing and you had everyone there in the raid you needed, class wise or whatever.

I remember raiding Ulduar when it first was available as a guild, we decided not to read any tactics or info on the raid whatsoever and just do it ourselves (10 man but only 9 of us) and learn tactics as we went along. One night raiding from 8pm until oooh about 5am wiping on that boss that splits into 3 pieces, can't remember his name. Got him in the end and it was very enjoyable. After that, we could generally just one shot him.

That's what I like, the challenge of learning something yourselves as a guild without reading any tactics whatsoever. That's not the norm though these days and tbh not many people would want to put that amount of time into it week in week out, which is very understandable.

If you've a good bunch of lads and no emo's, you do it together just to beat the boss. If you're lucky enough to be a guild that can do such a thing then it makes the game and raiding itself a whole lot more fun.

...but, the rewards (apart from the sense of achievment you feel as a team), need to be a lot more of an upgrade than they currently are and at times just feel like a bit of a letdown for the time and effort you've put into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

I've loved every game i've stuck with over the years. At the end of the day I don't really regret the time spent playing them. As I always saw it, I was bored, and I took them as the alternative to watching TV.

When I think on them, it was the fun I had with the people I played with that stuck in my memory.

When I think back on the time I spent when I first started playing wow, before my first real break, it wasn't the loot I got at the time, or the titles (for pvp etc), but rather the fun of being part of the fight. Being part of the excitement of something that was difficult and challenging.

I don't think on easy encounters as fondly, unless it was done with friends that we laughed and joked throughout.

When I stop playing, I won't remember the dings. I won't remember the mounts. I'll remember the feeling of overcoming a challenge with people I enjoyed doing it with.

The thing is, that's the way I feel about everyone i've ever been friends with. Even the ones I haven't seen in years. When I think back on the times, it's not specifically everything we ever did, but the remembered feeling of enjoyment while doing whatever we did.

TBH if you take these 'achievements' too seriously, you'll be walking away focusing on the wrong things.

For me, I can't tally up my life with a list of digital dings. But I can remember late night conversations with people I may not even have met face to face.

It's a game. One you can play yourself, or with others. I recommend others tbh, because knowing them in real life or not, they may still leave a memory with you that'll outshine the bright lights of your 'ding'.

• Advertisement

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=892

Learn the artisan riding skill i was happy when i got this

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Venema

Hey
    the achivement im most proud of would be
    Killing Anub 25 Heroic on my rogue a few weeks ago it took over 400 wipes to get it and thats alot of gold >.<

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tarren+Mill&n=Venema

My Rogue

although i have got other achivements i liked got glory of the ulduar raider 25 on my DK but dont play it anymore

Venema wrote: »
    Hey
    the achivement im most proud of would be
    Killing Anub 25 Heroic on my rogue a few weeks ago it took over 400 wipes to get it and thats alot of gold >.<

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Tarren+Mill&n=Venema

My Rogue

although i have got other achivements i liked got glory of the ulduar raider 25 on my DK but dont play it anymore

woah nice :O damn thats good!

thread must not die.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,100 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Achievements must die.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Gigilowgonewild

Na, IMHO they need to sort somethign out with achievement points, like buy non combat pets or mounts with them or even have a grade of gear for high achievement points, i dunno but its a suggestion,

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Na, IMHO they need to sort somethign out with achievement points, like buy non combat pets or mounts with them or even have a grade of gear for high achievement points, i dunno but its a suggestion,

i agree, that would be the only reason i would have an interest in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Gigilowgonewild

thats sweet :-)

i really want the battlemaster aich people say it takes over 9000 (lol) hours

or the 100k HKs magaa of the horde would be pretty sweet

Advertisement