Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Achievement are you most proud of?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

why is just means that your a bigger wow nerd than the rest of us wow nerds! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 779 ✭✭✭papajimsmooth

Why are you proud of it, you didnt really do anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

You're proud you own a debit or credit card? That's some achievement!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭Magaa

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;62669392']You're proud you own a debit or credit card? That's some achievement!

woah is this forum full of people like you?

No, not full. There are people like you here as well, who think throwing money at wow makes you better :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StinkyMunkey

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;62669815']No, not full. There are people like you here as well, who think throwing money at wow makes you better :D

I think whats he is trying to say is, which ach are you most happy with - not that he is btter than everyone else O.o

Going to blizzcon would sure beat a day in work anyway....!

' wrote:
    [cEMAN**;62669815']No, not full. There are people like you here as well, who think throwing money at wow makes you better :D

i got it as a birthday present..

I think whats he is trying to say is, which ach are you most happy with - not that he is btter than everyone else O.o

Going to blizzcon would sure beat a day in work anyway....!

i got the stream package thingy for a bday present it was like 25 euro :rolleyes:

And for the record, id like the armoured bear from the ach - for the alliance - ill get it some day. problem is with a raid of forty randoms, you have to many ego's and kids calling name's to actually try get the thing.

And for the record, id like the armoured bear from the ach - for the alliance - ill get it some day. problem is with a raid of forty randoms, you have to many ego's and kids calling name's to actually try get the thing.

trust me i nearly put my fist into my screen

organising 29 over hyper kids who are all dancing in SW is not fun..

• Advertisement

Magaa wrote: »
    i got the stream package thingy for a bday present it was like 25 euro :rolleyes:

Hurray for birthdays \o/

:D

Magaa wrote: »
    trust me i nearly put my fist into my screen

organising 29 over hyper kids who are all dancing in SW is not fun..

I have 2 of the bosses so far. Problem is, apart from the eejits your trying to get it with, horde always recall to twart your plans. Where ive found ally are just happy to let horde go at it in their capitol cities...!

I have 2 of the bosses so far. Problem is, apart from the eejits your trying to get it with, horde always recall to twart your plans. Where ive found ally are just happy to let horde go at it in their capitol cities...!

thats cause we love thrall!

when catacsylm comes you can kill garrosh 24/7 we wont care ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I don't think I'm proud of any achievement yet. One I will be after is killing Arthas, and getting the Kingslayer title. Other than that, they're fairly meaningless to me.

This was asked of me in a guild application - what would you say is your most memorable achievement in game.

I said I haven't achieved anything. I've experienced and reacted as appropriate in the game, and tried as much as I could. Achievements that blizzard deem important are simply a by product of my overall gameplay.

Even if there isn't an achievement for something, I still want to do better at it, make it more perfect of a kill, a faster take down, a more efficient way of doing it. FPS games are great because they're about skill with twitch and fast reflexes. In a system like wow, it's more about crunching the numbers and following the set out directions. Even PvP is pretty sequencial.

The people I pity the most in this game aren't the ones who are addicted and can't get away from it. It's the ones who stand in dalaran with the title spammer and think they're something.

So no, no achievements i'm proud of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Probably server 1st heroic 25 man anubarak seeing as no other guild has done it yet on our server.

Psycopat wrote: »
    Probably server 1st heroic 25 man anubarak seeing as no other guild has done it yet on our server.

sweet!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I still hate achievements, and agree totally with the Iceman.

It makes me sad to see so many taking them seriously, even my best wow pals, one of them was running around azeroth last night looking for critters to /love, its a sad state of affairs when your doing that :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

People asking to link achievements in trade for pugs is the worst. I usually take the piss, 'looking for 1dps for daily heroic, link He Feeds On Your Tears achievement' and so on.

Yeah, any time i'm looking for people for a PUG i'm pretty harsh in the group, and getting it put together I tell people to fo when they start linking me achievements. I take every name and do a gear check in the armory to make sure they have the potential to heal/tank/dps it. Then when we get there after tactics are explained and we have a go, if people are messing about or are geared for about 3k+ dps but are doing 1k, they'll get kicked if we aren't clearing it the way we should.

I mentioned in the last 25 man I setup that I don't want to see achievements because anyone could ding 80 and get dragged through (as i've done with some people before), and got the response that yeah, the person who had linked the achievement had gotten it the day they dinged 80 because of their mates.

Admittedly i'm addicted to the semi-surprising sound and flashing lights on the screen when you get an achievement so I go out of my way to get it on a very rare occassion like seasonal stuff, but I don't really rate the actual achievement more than a flashing light.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

Being in the same guild for 4 years.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 Kakistos153

Being in the same guild for a year and a half having created it a year and a half ago and consistantly staying at the high end of content.

that and:
    http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=696

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

http://www.wowhead.com/?achievement=430

Saw it on mmo champ and i thought to myself, thats the most awesome mount ive ever seen and figured if there was anything i really wanted it was that mount. Got it on our first timed run :)

Not that im proud really, but its just something im glad i got.

Got the nax/maly 10 man drake before they took it out and only just missed out on the 25 man due to russian dissconnectors wrecking immortal for us:(

• Registered Users Posts: 5,732 ✭✭✭Magill

High Warlord..... when it was hard to get.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

Starcaller, conquer of ulduar, undying, the immortal all completely useless. All it takes it a group of people who actually know how to play.

My best achievement was 10 mins ago just before my sub ran out. Deleted all 6 lvl 80 toons, deleted the wow folder. Then randomized my password.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,675 ✭✭✭TechnoPool

Magill wrote: »
    High Warlord..... when it was hard to get.

ha it was never hard, all u had to do was play for 16 hours a day. Not really something to be proud of :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 862 ✭✭✭Psycopat

Anti wrote: »
    Starcaller, conquer of ulduar, undying, the immortal all completely useless. All it takes it a group of people who actually know how to play.

My best achievement was 10 mins ago just before my sub ran out. Deleted all 6 lvl 80 toons, deleted the wow folder. Then randomized my password.

zomg! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,032 ✭✭✭BArra

i stopped playing wow a long time ago

but back in the day, me and a few other irish lads played US wow (before eu had servers)

we were one of the first guilds on all the servers to down lucifer in molton core with the infamous leader Avatar, think our server was Warsong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭fatjebus

25 man anub hm.d
    deaths demise
    celestial defender.

I may add I don't really like pve but have to do it to get the best items for pvp, ironic that to be viable at top end pvp you need pve items.

fml

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭samurai kebab

Anti wrote: »

:( this post makes me incredibly sad.

Advertisement