Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Is Your Highest Break??

Options
  • 23-10-2009 12:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭

Hi seems that no one else has started this thread so il put it out there... what is the highest break you have ever got in snooker? Honest answers only & keep posts short and sweet comprende :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭SIX PACK

I got my highest break at the tender age of 18 it was 49 never managed to beat it yet 25 now my cueing is not as good anymore :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭zack01

Don't play anymore but the best i had when i played was a 143 clearance in a pro-am in the UK in 1986, it was against Mike Hallett, that won me the first frame but i went on to lose the match 4-1! Recieved £25 and a crystal vase for it! I made a 100 exactly in a match in the Dublin Leagues a few years back but nowadays if i took the cue out and made 30 i'd be chuffed!!

Mind you in most clubs there are always some heavy scorers when they get in amongst the balls, but put them in a competition and add a bit of pressure and they fall apart.

Great idea for this thread though, and SIXPACK a 49 break is a decent enough break, well done.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

My highest break is 63 :)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,885 Mod ✭✭✭✭celticfc

IIRC it is 68, but that was a good while ago.

Nowadays I'm just really happy with a 30+, the way I see it is if I get a couple of them in a frame, chances are I'll win it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 323 ✭✭armchairninja

Think mine was about 72, but that was a few year ago, a bad bounce off the cushion cost me a possible century though, there was still two reds on the table, but I didnt get that extra half inch!:(

kinda stopped playing then for a while, trying to get back into it now, and judging from the tripe i produced last night, a 30 will be a long way away never mind century!:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17 crocs2010

32....which i was delighted with:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,918 ✭✭✭✭orourkeda

I potted 3 balls without missing. Genius. Ronnie O'Sullivan watch out i'm coming for you

• Registered Users Posts: 23,293 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

68. Used to play a fair bit. Its just nerves that make it hard at that stage possibly taking the wrong shot too just to add a few more points to your new highest break.
    I hope to hit a century some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

Probably 15-30 or so, I'm not sure, don't laugh! :o but I'm really only starting out on proper Snooker tables over the last several months, had played pool for ages prior to that. Nowadays I'm really focusing on getting into it and potting. Love it though. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭txpjl

I hit a 72 in practice once.

• Advertisement

do you go for an easy pink or a tight Brown:p

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

I am in around 20 or so. Not much higher than that at all. A lot of practice needed me thinks. Any advice?

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    I am in around 20 or so. Not much higher than that at all. A lot of practice needed me thinks. Any advice?

yea dont get excited if you get Red colour Red colour thing going just dont think about it and obviously position is vital so dont put too much power into your shots unless your a pro at controlling the cue ball (thats only my opinion others may differ)
    :cool:

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,069 ✭✭✭✭beertons

I got 48 once. Can't get over 20 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,421 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

72 was my highest break...haven't played now in years :(
    mate of mine has got a few 147s...plays at the Irish amateurs..

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭One_Armed_Dwarf

56 but that was about 8 years ago. I never get a chance to play now because the snooker hall i used to play in shut down:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭rccaulfield

2 years ago i started playin pretty good- got 2 49s - bit frustrating eventually got a 50 it was in a practice frame tho. Never got back near it again tho- rarely over 20 these days!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Soylent_Green

Seems to be a common theme, with everyone saying they are no where near the standard they once were. I concur with that; highest break of 42, but that was over 10 years ago. Only played once in the last 5 years though but just watching the Masters made me dust down the oul cue. Now to find a snooker club near Dunboyne.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭dotsflan

56, got it last season but havent played at all this season!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

41 back when I was 12/13. Red, blue, red, black and then the colours.
    Was useless then and am now. :P Doubt I've played a total of more than 40 hours in me life, good year since I've been near a table. Also it was the only time I've come close to potting all the colours from on or near their spots. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

8, maybe 9 :p

Dave! wrote: »
    8, maybe 9 :p

....... red, black and red....... any break builder will tell you thats as good a place to start ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,986 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Cleared the colours for a 27 although two of these were table length crosses. I was not expecting them to go near the pockets let alone into them. Still I guess I'll take it happily.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

....... red, black and red....... any break builder will tell you thats as good a place to start ;)
    Yeah once I get those in then the the numbers '1...4...7' start flashing in my head and I get too giddy and f*ck it up :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Yeah once I get those in then the the numbers '1...4...7' start flashing in my head and I get too giddy and f*ck it up :D

For me, the prospect of a double figure break is enough to send me giddy, causing the inevitable mistake :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,477 ✭✭✭azzeretti

I had a 128 once and loads of centeries. However, these were all in the club against club players. However, whenever I went to play in any tournament, Irish Ranking events etc. I was unable to reproduce anything near that. Maybe a few 90's.
    Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread but I know loads of really good players who would knock in centeries reguarly but once they got to a tournie they couldn't do it. There is one guy in particular that could have been really good if he'd had the bottle.

I haven't picked up my cue for over 10 years now. I wonder if I could even hold it!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 Schnoz

My highest break in practice is 101. That was a few years ago though. Came close a few times since. In tournament its 77. Only for a bad contact on the pink it could have been a lot more!!

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭Holy Diver

Never really had the opportunity to play much snooker - lots of pool but never had access to a local snooker club - but have had a 55, 50 and numerous breaks 30 - 40 ish. Have started to play once a week now again recently and i have to say my long potting is better than ever - positional play is letting me down terribly, something i always found from being used to playing pool, just countn't get used to the different reaction. Just noticed too that my cue is as bent as an S-hook...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Snookermad

Back when i used to play regularly i used to get 70's, 80's and even 90+'s sometimes but i always found a way to screw up when i needed a ball for the century. :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭therokerroar

18 :-)

Advertisement