Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Amazing Race

Options
  • 21-10-2009 8:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭

Do you get The Amazing Race in Ireland? When I spoke to my brother about it, he said he'd never heard of it. I was surprised as it's definitely the best Reality TV programme there is.... by miles. A race around the world.

This clip shows just some of the dumbest moments from various seasons.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,503 ✭✭✭✭Also Starring LeVar Burton

It's on one of the Sky + channels at sometimes, but it generally isn't well known here... I do love it though... Great show...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭ElNino

I've seen every episode and it is a bit ironic that a show which visited Ireland has never been shown in Ireland. It has deservedly won several Emmys for best Reality show.

The only blip was the family season where they hardly ever left the U.S. and the whole season was terrible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 emotionalocean

One of the best, if not, the best reality shows out there. Suprised TV3 or TG4 haven't swiped this one up. Like the other poster mentioned, it has won several Emmy awards and is a very entertaining programme. Best team ever are Charla& Mirna from season's 5 and all stars.

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Bottleopener

Surprised there wasnt a thread for this. It's by far my favourite TV show of all time :P. I've watched all the seasons and each one of them was awesome (Excluding Season 6).

Can't wait for the new episode of S15 to be aired tonight :P. I'm surprised TG4 don't ever show it, as they show Survivor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭deman

One of the best, if not, the best reality shows out there. Suprised TV3 or TG4 haven't swiped this one up. Like the other poster mentioned, it has won several Emmy awards and is a very entertaining programme. Best team ever are Charla& Mirna from season's 5 and all stars.

Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! They are the most annoying whining players ever!!

Rob and Amber all the way!

• Advertisement

deman wrote: »
    Noooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!! They are the most annoying whining players ever!!

Rob and Amber all the way!

Allstars/S11 spoilers:
    You gotta love how they were eliminated in Allstars though. Was hilarious :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 mayo21

just wondering can anybody get on this show if they send in good enough applications or is it restricted to american people?? class show, would love to give it a go... would def win.. ;)

mayo21 wrote: »
    just wondering can anybody get on this show if they send in good enough applications or is it restricted to american people?? class show, would love to give it a go... would def win.. ;)
    It's restricted to US citizens.

So any reactions to the S15 finale?

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭iliketodraw

I love this show :D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 315 ✭✭Mister R

Great show, the cost and logistics have made international versions rather uncommon hence no attempt at a UK version, also I'm not sure British people would be that interested in it as a show.

Its certainly one of the best reality competition shows ever made in my opinion along with Survivor (which ITV replaced with I'm a Z-Lister Get Me Out of Here :rolleyes:)

I really like the new cast on TAR this season, much more diverse than last seasons bland crew.

• Advertisement

Omg. Thought I'd find no one in Ireland who had even heard of the show! The cast looks immense! Though one of my picks got eliminated :(

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,662 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I Love this show. There's just something special about it - can't really put my finger on it

Omg. Thought I'd find no one in Ireland who had even heard of the show! The cast looks immense! Though one of my picks got eliminated :(

I wasn't overly fond of the dad in that partnership. I'd like a parent/child team to win but apart from Gary/Mallory I haven't found most of those teams that entertaining.

I can't stand the female ex already Marie I think it is, firstly they seem like such a random couple and secondly who'd now date either of them since they spend so much time with their psychotic ex?? All a bit odd wouldn't be surprised if they just use the ex thing as a hook during casting to get on the show.

Ron & Christina were also a great parent/child team and the Tims if you have watched TAR Canada (just aired this summer I recommend watching).

So cool to find other fans. Pity they do not show it on Sky anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭KEITH_KILDUFF

I vaguely remember this being shown on a saturday morning on TV3, im almost sure of it!!

I remember Living or maybe Challenge showed it on Sunday at 10 for a while. The series Uchenna and Joyce won was the first one I saw and thats where I saw it.

If TV3 showed this and now don't but give us Holidays from Hell and Banged Up Abroad thats so frustrating. I have to commend TG4 for showing Survivor year on year actually.

DAVE or Watch used to show it.
    I only recently found out about Survivor on TG4 but I'm watching it online anyway.
    Do you keep up with TAR? I've watched every season. My first one was season 9

Watched since S14 regularly but also saw 9 and 7. Some seasons have been more boring than others but I still love it as a format. Watched a few episodes of the Australian one but didn't keep up with it.

Australia has one of the best casts ever and one of the best races ever in season 2. I would recommend watching. Every team is overly likeable.

Had a TAR Canada binge last week, and was waiting to finish that until I started the latest US season... Really happy with the cast this season and I honestly think the 2 teams sent home so far were the weak links of the season, so happy with how it's going. Don't have a favourite team yet, but just for the sake of eye candy, I'm hoping the Hockey Girls and Baseball Wives will go far...

• Advertisement

My 2 picks are gone already :( I really like the beard guys! Nicky/Kim whichever one that keeps whining is annoying and I don't know if I love or hate Marie

Wow surprising leg to say the least.

The fact 2 teams couldn't work out the world was round was shocking, I mean seriously :pac:

Felt bad for the 2 guys, having 2 connections is always a big risk.

The tile task was easy enough imo. I never warmed to NFL for some reason

The right team went home again. They didn't add much entertainment wise.

I agree. I wish the Beards were getting a better edit.

Anyone else keeping up with the current season?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,595 ✭✭✭Meauldsegosha

I've seen the first four episodes. Hoping to catch up over the weekend. I'm liking the beard guys and the baseball wives. Thought they were smart to go to the executive lounge and get put on the stand-by list and loved that it p*ssed off pink haired woman. :-D

Gotta love the beards and Pinkie! The route has been awesome so far!

• Advertisement

Pinkie does add to the drama but they actually suck as a team, so many errors and mistakes. Cannot see them winning but they do bring entertainment value.

My faves are the Baseball Wives, Oklahoma and I like Amy/her fella even though they seem to get a lot of hate online. Afghanimals are annoying as hell hope to see them gone soon.

This cast is much more interesting than most recent ones. They are actually diverse personalities.

Advertisement