Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Singles Competitions in Dublin

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm blind, cheers :)

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

alright king ring dave tansey he.ll put u in have we many from boards going so far its

Me
    Dion
    King
    Jingles
    Andy
    Double Top
    Jay
    MBC
    Corro77

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Really looking forward to this on saturday a lot of players from the borough seem to be going and most of the people i was talking to last night seem to be going. Should be a great day and hopefully won't be the last tournament over this side of the county. Also it will be interesting if the Borough board see the set up as it could be an idea to have the Borough singles on the one day instead of separate Mondays

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

Heh yeah Ste but me and you are always at these things

i think its expected at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

S.T.D Ste wrote: »
    alright king ring dave tansey he.ll put u in have we many from boards going so far its me dion and king

Me, but dont forget i will probably be a bit late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

alright king ring dave tansey he.ll put u in have we many from boards going so far its

Me
    Dion
    King
    Jingles
    Andy
    Double Top
    Jay ????????

ye id say ill be there

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Am gonna try make this one aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

got my confirmation txt today so i'm defo there GAME ON!!!!!!:D:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 79 ✭✭CORRO77

Me
    Dion
    King
    Jingles
    Andy
    Double Top
    Jay ????????

Add corro to that list mr andrews.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,440 ✭✭✭califano

Are there designated boardmarkers or do you have to mark your own score?.
    Also what does the term 'Money in money out' mean?.

• Advertisement

There will be a marker on each board usually the last person drawn on the board and then the winner or loser marks the next game and so on. Money in, money out usually means the money put into the kitty by entrants will be given out as prizes

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭wayne76

has anybody any idea how things are going or has any local player's done well...

Mick Barry just hit a 9 darter against shane o Connor

Shane beat Keith Rooney in the final

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Mick Barry just hit a 9 darter against shane o Connor

Well done to Mick Barry !

How many players turned up ?

64 or so, poor enough to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Any Double !

How did the our ''Boarder's'' do ??

I lost 4-0 to eventual winner shane o Connor in the first round, gave him a strong game, I hit a good few 140's and 100's, and one 180, I just wasn't strong enough from 150 down and despite me leaving a shot at a double in 3 of the legs, shane took out some large numbers, he was complimentary to me after saying I forced him to throw top darts and every big score he hit I responded with I big score and kept him pressured, overall, quite happy how I played, would have loved at least 1 leg, think I deserved 1 at least

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

How did the our ''Boarder's'' do ??
    hard to remember all but i'll try

First rd
    Double Top lost to mick kane
    andy p lost to tom hennessy
    dioniseire lost to shane o connor
    i.c.u lost to ????
    Mr Jingles lost to keith rooney
    Pad180 lost to ????????

Second rd
    MBC lost to billy matthews

Last 16
    i lost to shane in a classic

Fair play ste, you played some great darts from what I watched, missed your shane game as I went home sick, glad you did well

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,462 ✭✭✭Double Top

i loved every second of it, i might of lost in the first round but took alot from it and i thought i played really well just a few too many 45 i think. the standard was top class and it was run really well, can't wait for next year now :D:D:D

hehe dont wait a year for it

Come to the players championships, play in any local tournaments and when they do the next dublin county one in the whitehouse, come out for the day. Its good craic, no replacement for experience

Very well run competition a little disappointed in the turn out and a pity the Tassie lads were away as I know a few of them would have been down. Although i was beaten 4-0 by Keith Rooney in the first round i was happy with how i played hit some good scores just didn't capitalise on his mistakes and he had a couple of decent finishes but i won't be the first to lose to him 4-0 and definitely won't be the last. Fair play to Micko i missed as i was in the bar:mad: Good to see a couple of lads from the borough in Mick Kane and Billy Matthews getting to the semi's. Great comeback from Shane aswell from 3-0 down to win it 6-4.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I didn't make it in the end, sick all weekend. Very disappointed that I didn't get to play! I was playing well in practice too.

Ah well, I'll be a better player the time the next one comes around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

Really enjoyed this comp........got beat 4zip against billy :o played trash for the 1st 3 legs......last leg got going and scored well.....think I left meself a 2 dart finish......billy steps up to take out 129........i take a sip of me pint...and compose meself to win this leg......."On the board" ah ballix :rolleyes:

Fair play to the organisers it was run very well.

Pity there is not more out this way..........roll on the next one.

Advertisement