Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Open Singles Competitions in Dublin

Options
  • 21-10-2009 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭

The Dublin County Darts Organisation has announced two Open Singles events to be held in Dublin in the month of November.

Sunday, November 8th., at the White House, The Ward, Ashbourne Road, Co. Dublin.
    Men's and Youths' Singles starting at 1.00pm Sharp
    Closing date Saturday, November 7th.

Saturday, November 28th. at the Sallynoggin Inn, Sallynoggin.
    Men's, Women's and Youths' Singles starting at 12 noon Sharp
    Closing date Friday, November 27th.

Contact Brendan Barry {086-1682811}, Dave Tansey {085-7108964} or Jimmy Owens {086-3974183}

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.T.D Ste

Dartgod wrote: »
    The Dublin County Darts Organisation has announced two Open Singles events to be held in Dublin in the month of November.

Sunday, November 8th., at the White House, The Ward, Ashbourne Road, Co. Dublin.
    Men's and Youths' Singles starting at 1.00pm Sharp
    Closing date Saturday, November 7th.

Saturday, November 28th. at the Sallynoggin Inn, Sallynoggin.
    Men's, Women's and Youths' Singles starting at 12 noon Sharp
    Closing date Friday, November 27th.

Contact Brendan Barry {086-1682811}, Dave Tansey {085-7108964} or Jimmy Owens {086-3974183}

woo hoo finally a big comp this side of the city we'll have to make sure the noggin is a rocking that day so we can get more

• Registered Users Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

I'll be at the whitehouse, will think about heading over to sallynoggin for that tournament

I'll be at the white house myself and the noggin one

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Yeah great news that there is a tournament local to me. I'll definitely be at the Noggin Inn.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Jay.cymru

ah sure ill give the noggin inn a shot bit of craic

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭mr.jingle

Heard about this a while ago that they were looking out for a place for a tournament on the southside and heard they were lookin at the Noggin Inn and hopefully it goes well i'm sure plenty of the boroughs best will be out in force. As for the Whitehouse everytime i've been told about there tournaments i always have to work but thankfully with no more Sunday work i'll be out there at last!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Gonna have to pull a few strings to play the saturday one.
    Off topic, does gorgeous george still own the noggin?

AndyP wrote: »
    Gonna have to pull a few strings to play the saturday one.
    Off topic, does gorgeous george still own the noggin?

Yes Gorgeous sure does still own the Noggin Inn. We have the singles and doubles there for the last 2 years and they've been a great success i have to say compared to having the whole league split up into different pubs! Will there be many travelling from town, would you say?

Yeah i would imagine the best league in dublin will give a good account of themselves! (Joke/sarcasm)

lol! Well we will see on the 28th i'm sure as i can't see many of the lads going to the Whitehouse

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭bettyswollox

AndyP wrote: »
    Yeah i would imagine the best league in dublin will give a good account of themselves! (Joke/sarcasm)
    At long last south county dublin gets to host a big darts event, lets hope this can be an annual thing.
    it might also give an opportunity to reviving an inner city 12 vs borough lge 12 in a home and away tourny. now im sure that wud make for some cracking arrows. i think were in agreement andy that we could maybe get a Dublin team capable of winning an all Ireland from that crop, you included mate.

At long last south county dublin gets to host a big darts event, lets hope this can be an annual thing.
    it might also give an opportunity to reviving an inner city 12 vs borough lge 12 in a home and away tourny. now im sure that wud make for some cracking arrows. i think were in agreement andy that we could maybe get a Dublin team capable of winning an all Ireland from that crop, you included mate.

Thanks, I'm flattered :D.

I hope as many boro players as possible turn out to this to show there is a capable bunch of players out there. The ball is your court now lads, after some of the complaints about feeling left out, there is a big chance to show what you can do and I know lads will support it.

Looking forward to it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,502 ✭✭✭MBC

it might also give an opportunity to reviving an inner city 12 vs borough lge 12 in a home and away tourny.

Would fookin love to see that.........be A mazing if that happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Connie Finnan won the Dublin City Classic at the White House yesterday - he defeated Keith Rooney 6-1 in the final.
    Connie defeated Jason Cullen in the semis and Keith defeated Graham Rooney.
    70 players competed in the event.

I was one of Connie's victims. lost 4 - 1 despite throwing some great stuff (2 180s).

Ste was on my board too and lost to Mark Kinsella at the same stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,205 ✭✭✭Gringo180

Yeah mate you threw some smashing darts and had connie on the rails only for a few missed doubles it could of been a different result

I was on keith rooney's board, he was throwing some very good darts early on, not surprised to see him make the final

I was knocked out to william o connor's younger brother, but i played some of the best darts ive ever played, so i cant complain too much, will have to head over to the noggin end of the month

I was on keith rooney's board, he was throwing some very good darts early on, not surprised to see him make the final

I was knocked out to william o connor's younger brother, but i played some of the best darts ive ever played, so i cant complain too much, will have to head over to the noggin end of the month
    Yeah your man keith rooney is a cracking thrower alright, i got beat 4-2 in the first round, didnt score as well as i can but checked out 115 and missed tops for a 160 finish, had shots at doubles to go 2-1 up and and bring it to 3-3 but couldnt buy one, good day out nonetheless

If anyone wants the registration form for the noggin inn comp, here ya go.

BTW a Youth is anyone under the age of ????

Dont Quote me but i believe its under the age of 18, Kian Barker at our club is just turning 18 is having to ask questions now about when he cant play in the youths any more

Some of the youths like Dylan from our club play in the seniors as their more than capable, but obviously a 18,19 year old cant take part in the yoofs

• Advertisement

Dont Quote me but i believe its under the age of 18, Kian Barker at our club is just turning 18 is having to ask questions now about when he cant play in the youths any more

Some of the youths like Dylan from our club play in the seniors as their more than capable, but obviously a 18,19 year old cant take part in the yoofs

Cheers mate so is it a case that if you 18 on the 28th Nov well then your a Senior........am i correct here???

yeah i would say so, i can check with brendan barry for you tomorrow night if you want, he'll no doubt be there helping run the show

MBC wrote: »

Wont be able to make this I play football on a saturday:(

yeah i would say so, i can check with brendan barry for you tomorrow night if you want, he'll no doubt be there helping run the show

Yeah that would be great if ya could as we our tuesday team has about five 18year olds on it and im sure they would prob prefer to play the youths than the seniors.

hah prefer of course, the senior standard will be great, hard for the younger lads to enjoy the comp if they get drawn against a keith rooney or a connie finnan ya know

will ask tomorrow night for ya

its 17 and under paulie

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,248 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Lads do I need an entry form to enter this comp and where do I get one? Or can I just ring up one of the lads organising it? Never entered a tournament like this before.

Ring one of the lads and give them your name, its never much of a problem appearing on the day (IF you appear early that is, they do have to finalise and do the draw at some stage)

but ring, give your name, pay when you get there, it guaruntee's your place ya know.

ive told Brendan to put my name down so i guess thats me commited to going

Cheers Dion, I'll do that then. See you there :)

• Advertisement

MBC wrote: »

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Lads do I need an entry form to enter this comp and where do I get one? Or can I just ring up one of the lads organising it? Never entered a tournament like this before.

See my post above mate and the entry form is attached.

Advertisement