Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joy rider about half 7 - 8 o clock parteen ardnacrusha?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Anyhoo this thread has inspired me to dig out one of my favourite old books and read it. I would recommend The Secret Life of Walter Mitty by James Thurber to anyone who wants to read a good book.

Night all.

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

zuroph wrote: »
    have you pictured the scene? If you're driving up the hill in ardnacrusha, and theres a cop car stopped on the opposite lane, why would you have any reason to come to a stop? Its just a cop car stopped for no apparent reason. The approaching joyriders would have been obscured from view by the hump of the bridge, so Dum Dums mate has no reason to stop, they're not signalling for him to do so.
    Try ringing a garda station and asking for details of crimes.

You have the seen spot on, no reason for us to stop.

Another person posted about the bridge and the position of the garda car,it was actually on the hill of the bridge to be exact it was parked ten metres beyond the canal bank so ten metres past the bridge.

I actually did contact the gardai in Henry St. in Limerick my local satation,when ardnacrusha is not being policed.I reported the car that was being chased, and also the positioning of there garda car.

I never said there was a roadblock.

My first time posting here,i usually read this page at least twice a week and i see the same names contradicting or belittling other peoples posts.A few names keep coming up on all types of posts with nothing constructive to say,Ye are like the bullies of the boards here in Limerick hope yere proud of yourselfs.

All i was saying was 2 innocent people driving home could have been killed main reason thugs speeding and the other the positioning of the gardai.Thx
    Mod close the thread if u like.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

MrFireBox wrote: »
    Go back to school for yourself so.....

Good one :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

I can draw you a diagram if you want Kess, you've made a few incorrect presumptions about the scene As far as I can tell.

1) He doesnt have to have seen the car come through parteen himself, he lives there, perhaps his family saw it?
    2) The garda car stopped on (or near the bridge, theres a huge hill on either side that isnt technically a bridge but is part of the structure) is not one of the ones chasing the car.
    3)the garda car is on the opposite side of the road to the OP, with lights flashing, the driver friend of the OP slowed down on seeing this. At this point, there is no way for the OP to know there is a highspeed pursuit about to come jumping over the hill.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

zuroph wrote: »
    I can draw you a diagram if you want Kess, you've made a few incorrect presumptions about the scene As far as I can tell.

1) He doesnt have to have seen the car come through parteen himself, he lives there, perhaps his family saw it?
    2) The garda car stopped on (or near the bridge, theres a huge hill on either side that isnt technically a bridge but is part of the structure) is not one of the ones chasing the car.
    3)the garda car is on the opposite side of the road to the OP, with lights flashing, the driver friend of the OP slowed down on seeing this. At this point, there is no way for the OP to know there is a highspeed pursuit about to come jumping over the hill.

Draw all the diagrams you want. You will need a few to keep up with the different versions though.

Don't forget to add in the four extra cars that were involved in the chase in the first post and vanished after that.

Anyway this has gotten dull, the whole thing smacks of a tale that has been exaggerated.

If Bodie and Doyle pop up in the chase at some point let me know, otherwise my interest in this tale is over.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I still can't follow this. Did the car the OP was in go into the ditch?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

:D

Advertisement