Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joy rider about half 7 - 8 o clock parteen ardnacrusha?

Options
  • 18-10-2009 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭

Any body see the car joyriding bout half 7 ..8 o clock(sunday) through parteen onto killaloe rd? Must have went through limerick ye might have heard the the gaurds sirens bout 3 garda cars after them 1 unmarked squad?Who were they(joyriders)were they caught hope they injured nobody but are roaring in pain this morn from their injuries.plz help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Why do you need help. It sounds to me as though the incident had nothing to do with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Any body see the car joyriding bout half 7 ..8 o clock(sunday) through parteen onto killaloe rd? Must have went through limerick ye might have heard the the gaurds sirens bout 3 garda cars after them 1 unmarked squad?Who were they(joyriders)were they caught hope they injured nobody but are roaring in pain this morn from their injuries.plz help?

They may not have come through Limerick or have been from Limerick. I am sure there are plenty of heads who rob cars and go joyriding in them in Clare too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

Why do you need help. It sounds to me as though the incident had nothing to do with you.
    its an expression that you use when looking for info, hes not actually looking for help off you, just some information

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Dumdum McCarthy

Actually who ever was driving the car nearly killed my friend and i,in a head on so i think it has alot to do with me.
    The gardai were also at fault here. Yes i know they were only doing their job and the scum from where ever (who cares) are totally at fault. The gardai parked a quarter of the way down the Ardnacrusha bridge (barrys shop side) in wait with their blue beacon lights flashing.
    Suddenly a car goin so fast over took the gardai...the joyriders were then on our side of the road 40 meters away,as a result I the passenger, had the ditch the car or we were dead, thx to gardai.
    What were they thinking, the lads in the car would stop for them?
    The gardai should have parked down by the pedestrian crossing at the bottom of the hill. Thats easy to say in hindsight but surly the gaurds should have a risk assesment of where they chose to park?
    The gaurds didnt give chase for about 7 seconds later, I actually think they froze and could see us being killed in a head on because of where they parked.I was listening to the local radio all day, I heard nothing on local radio stations. For those who want to know(clare fm, tipp fm and live 95fm).

• Registered Users Posts: 19,106 ✭✭✭✭TestTransmission

Actually who ever was driving the nearly killed my friend and i,in a head on so i think it has alot to do with me,the gardai were also at fault here yes i know they were only doin their job and the scum from where ever (who cares) are totally at fault.the gardai parked a quarter the way down the ardnacrusha bridge hill(barrys shop side) in wait with their lights flashing.Suddenly a car goin so fast over took the gardai..joyriders were then on our side of the road 40 meters away,as a result i d passenge rhad the ditch the car or we were dead thx to gardai...what were they thinking the lads in the car would stop for them?the gardai should have parked down by the pedestrian crossing at the bottom of the hill its easy to say in hindsight but surly the gaurds should have a risk assesment of where they parked?
    the gaurds didnt give chase for about 7 seconds later i actually think they froze and could see us being killed in a head on because of where they parked.I was listening to the local radio all day i heard nothing local radio for those who want to know(clare fm, tipp fm and live 95fm).

Not being pedantic, but that's unreadable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Maybe you should use your keyboard properly and throw in a little punctuation in the correct places if you want anything constructive to come of the thread.

In fairness, from what I can gather you saw the Gardaí, with blue lights flashing, and didn't adjust your own position. You're not entirely absolved of blame here either.

Firstly I wasnt driving. Why would would the person driving have to adjust their position if the gardai were stoped on the other side of the road? By the way the driver did slow down to about 50kmph in a 60kmph zone.
    Where can one adjust to my friend?Just asking, hard shoulder is it?

Actually who ever was driving the car nearly killed my friend and i,in a head on so i think it has alot to do with me.
    The gardai were also at fault here. Yes i know they were only doing their job and the scum from where ever (who cares) are totally at fault. The gardai parked a quarter of the way down the Ardnacrusha bridge (barrys shop side) in wait with their blue beacon lights flashing.
    Suddenly a car goin so fast over took the gardai...the joyriders were then on our side of the road 40 meters away,as a result I the passenger, had the ditch the car or we were dead, thx to gardai.
    What were they thinking, the lads in the car would stop for them?
    The gardai should have parked down by the pedestrian crossing at the bottom of the hill. Thats easy to say in hindsight but surly the gaurds should have a risk assesment of where they chose to park?
    The gaurds didnt give chase for about 7 seconds later, I actually think they froze and could see us being killed in a head on because of where they parked.I was listening to the local radio all day, I heard nothing on local radio stations. For those who want to know(clare fm, tipp fm and live 95fm).

Seems to me that it was thanks to those that robbed the car that you were nearly in a head on, not the Gardai.

Plus if you and the driver had time to see the parked Garda car with it's lights flashing and were able to see the oncoming robbed car and still had the time to jump out of car, then your driver had plenty of time to get out of the way and not be in that position in the first place.

Sounds like your driver was too busy rubbernecking and not busy being concerned with the safety of him/herself and the passengers in the car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭MrFireBox

jackncoke wrote: »
    Not being pedantic, but that's unreadable.

Go back to school for yourself so.....

wylo wrote: »
    its an expression that you use when looking for info, hes not actually looking for help off you, just some information

Well said, seems to be alot of smart ar5es on this forum.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

I don't know what this has to do with Limerick??? Can a Mod move this to the Clare forum???

"Seems to me that it was thanks to those that robbed the car that you were nearly in a head on, not the Gardai." kess 73

I did say the scum were totally at fault,above!

"Plus if you and the driver had time to see the parked Garda car with it's lights flashing and were able to see the oncoming robbed car and still had the time to jump out of car, then your driver had plenty of time to get out of the way and not be in that position in the first place." kess 73

If u knew the area i was talking about u cant see an oncoming car coming over the bridge,especially a car breaking the speed limit.
    Nobody jumped out of the car i was in?

"Sounds like your driver was too busy rubbernecking and not busy being concerned with the safety of him/herself and the passengers in the car."kess73

Rubbernecking i thought was when people pass a crash and turn their head looking across then behind at the accident, hence the term rubberneck.
    Also how could we rubberneck when we were the sole car involved in the incident..We were rubbernecking at ourselfs in the ditch.Thanks for your concern.

Baza1976,,,, it has alot to do with limerick.I will find out who they were and i will post the facts here too, for all to see.
    Alot of people use this site from Westbury, Shannon Banks, Parteen, Coonagh.Would it be easier if all those people living in Clare posted their views in the Clare section of Boards.?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

baza1976 wrote: »
    I don't know what this has to do with Limerick??? Can a Mod move this to the Clare forum???

Is not Ardnacrusha/Parteen not near enough Limerick anyway. In all probability the joyrider scum were from there.

Is not Ardnacrusha/Parteen not near enough Limerick anyway. In all probability the joyrider scum were from there.
    Is not possible that they were from Clare??? If the car was robbed and heading to killaloe direaction as stated by OP, it says to me them lads were headng to a place they are very familiar with!!!
    Baza1976,,,, [B]it has alot to do with limerick.I will find out who they were and i will post the facts here too, for all to see.

Alot of people use this site from Westbury, Shannon Banks, Parteen, Coonagh.Would it be easier if all those people living in Clare posted their views in the Clare section of Boards.[/B]?

This part is just childish:confused:
    If the comment is related to Limerick post it in the Limerick forum if it is about somewhere else psot it somewhere else no matter where you are from. I would have thought that was obivious.

What has it to do with Limerick??? everything that happened happened in CLare you said so yourself!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

The gardaí are in the Limerick area division?

I did say the scum were totally at fault,above!

Actually you said that you were almost killed thanks to the Gardai.

What you said was;

"Suddenly a car goin so fast over took the gardai...the joyriders were then on our side of the road 40 meters away,as a result I the passenger, had the ditch the car or we were dead, thx to gardai."

If u knew the area i was talking about u cant see an oncoming car coming over the bridge,especially a car breaking the speed limit.
    Nobody jumped out of the car i was in?

I do know the area. You say now you could not see the Garda car, yet earlier you said;

"The gardai parked a quarter of the way down the Ardnacrusha bridge (barrys shop side) in wait with their blue beacon lights flashing."

If you could not see the car how did you see it parked with it's lights flashing?

You also say now that you did not see the oncoming car and you did not junp from the car, yet earlier you said;

"Suddenly a car goin so fast over took the gardai...the joyriders were then on our side of the road 40 meters away,as a result I the passenger, had the ditch the car or we were dead, thx to gardai."

So despite saying you did not see the Gardai or the oncoming car, earlier you actually saw it overtaking the parked Garda car, and despite only having 40 metres between you and the oncoming car you still managed to ditch the car

Rubbernecking i thought was when people pass a crash and turn their head looking across then behind at the accident, hence the term rubberneck.
    Also how could we rubberneck when we were the sole car involved in the incident..We were rubbernecking at ourselfs in the ditch.Thanks for your concern.

Rubbernecking does not just mean at accidents, it can be for any situation where a person stares when they should be either moving on or out of the way. Also if you were on the bridge how do you end up in a ditch? There are no hedges/ditches until you are off of that bridge, in which case the road is much wider than it was on the bridge.

zuroph wrote: »
    The gardaí are in the Limerick area division?

Who, silly me you cracked my whole case:rolleyes:

Look, it seems when something "bad" happens in CLare or Tipp it always the boys from Limerick???!!!???

I wish I lived in a perfect place like Clare or Tipp where there are no scumbags of their own, no drug dealers, murderers or rapist :rolleyes:

Maybe if something bad has happened in Clare it belongs in CLare.
    We have enough of our own scum and sh**e to deal with, without helping ye with yers.

Whats the point in having a Clare forum (or Tipp forum) if post all your crap in the Limerick forum???

you people are the biggest bunch of pedants.

Christ like, McCarthy here just wants to try find out more info. The cops half arsed attempt at a road block WAS dangerous going on the description, of course the joyriders would just go around them, and without a further warning to traffic back teh road it should never have been set up that way. People will argue that there was no time, yes, but they shouldnt have done it at all then. What they did was endanger more public.

Stop arguing semantics and stick to the issue at hand. Yes he can be in the rise for the bridge there and end up in a ditch. The thread is related to Limerick more than Clare forum as the chase seems to have come out of town, and the gardaí are in the limerick area.

Look, it seems when something "bad" happens in CLare or Tipp it always the boys from Limerick???!!!???

I wish I lived in a perfect place like Clare or Tipp where there are no scumbags of their own, no drug dealers, murderers or rapist :rolleyes:

Maybe if something bad has happened in Clare it belongs in CLare.
    We have enough of our own scum and sh**e to deal with, without helping ye with yers.

Whats the point in having a Clare forum (or Tipp forum) if post all your crap in the Limerick forum???

:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Christ like, McCarthy here just wants to try find out more info. The cops half arsed attempt at a road block WAS dangerous going on the description, of course the joyriders would just go around them, and without a further warning to traffic back teh road it should never have been set up that way. People will argue that there was no time, yes, but they shouldnt have done it at all then. What they did was endanger more public.

Stop arguing semantics and stick to the issue at hand. Yes he can be in the rise for the bridge there and end up in a ditch. The thread is related to Limerick more than Clare forum as the chase seems to have come out of town, and the gardaí are in the limerick area.

Right there you just backed up my previous post.

There is enough scum around the shannon banks area to rob cars,

Most of the time when cars are stolen in Limerick they are to be found in some part of Limerick. it would very unlike for them to head to Killaloe!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,214 ✭✭✭wylo

theres fvck all scum in shannon banks(and no im not from there)

Right there you just backed up my previous post.

There is enough scum around the shannon banks area to rob cars,

Most of the time when cars are stolen in Limerick they are to be found in some part of Limerick. it would very unlike for them to head to Killaloe!!
    unless they were being chased closely by Gardaí ???? Otherwise they'd have parked up where they wanted and burned the car out.
    In fact, take a drive out around the border by longpavement any weekend and see the burned out cars. I presume once they get passed the dump, its no longer Limerick's problem?

Borders create nothing but more trouble. Its an area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

not always only 99% of the time, most recent dealing with us were the 2 pr1cks with a 07L***** Transit who we caught stealing our road diesel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

You're the only one talking a bit of sense here. It's not like the were breaking for the border to Mexico. It's no wonder other people get sick of hearing Limerick folk saying they are being unfairly targetted by the media if this is the head in the sand rubbish they go on with.

Itsdacraic wrote: »
    You're the only one talking a bit of sense here. It's not like the were breaking for the border to Mexico. It's no wonder other people get sick of hearing Limerick folk saying they are being unfairly targetted by the media if this is the head in the sand rubbish they go on with.

Well said :)

If he was so bothered by it, then why not go to the Gardai about it, rather than post here and also threaten to post the details of who was driving the car on Boards.ie

Making that threat makes it seem like he only wants to find out so that he can post names on Boards.

The roadblock being in a dangerous place is laughable as the OP has said that he could see the roadblock in one post, and that he could not see it in another.

So if he could see it ahead of them, then they were stupid to drive towards it. But if he could not see it, or the oncoming car until it came at them, then how can he say where it originally was?

He has already said it was on no radio news, and it is in none of the online editions of the papers, so the only way he can find anything out is by speaking to the Gardai, as nobody is going to come on here and say that it was Joe Smith driving the car, and even if somebody does know who was driving the car it would be against the charter for any of us here to say their names without a confirmed link to an arrest and/or conviction.

Itsdacraic wrote: »

What head in the sand rubbish.

The OP has said conflicting things about the incident, in that he could see things in one post and could not in another.

There has been no radio or paper reports of the incident. For all we know it was a car that was speeding that got caught by a cop car that followed them.

Anyone that knows the area knows a lot of boy racer cars and their owners hang out in the car park of Barry's shop and that they are whizzing up and down the road there a lot, so it could be one of them who were spotted by the cops.

I have a lot more time and anger for a real crime like the attack on the old lady at the graveyard than for something that may or may not be accurate.

have you pictured the scene? If you're driving up the hill in ardnacrusha, and theres a cop car stopped on the opposite lane, why would you have any reason to come to a stop? Its just a cop car stopped for no apparent reason. The approaching joyriders would have been obscured from view by the hump of the bridge, so Dum Dums mate has no reason to stop, they're not signalling for him to do so.
    Try ringing a garda station and asking for details of crimes.

• Advertisement

have you pictured the scene? If you're driving up the hill in ardnacrusha, and theres a cop car stopped on the opposite lane, why would you have any reason to come to a stop? Its just a cop car stopped for no apparent reason. The approaching joyriders would have been obscured from view by the hump of the bridge, so Dum Dums mate has no reason to stop, they're not signalling for him to do so.
    Try ringing a garda station and asking for details of crimes.

He has already said that the cop car was stopped off of the bridge in one post, not on it.

And he said it had it lights flashing, which is a bit of a clue that something is up.

Also he said the speeding car overtook the garda car where it was parked and then came at them. To say that you would have the garda car in front of you, with it's lights flashing and the speeding car came from behind the garda car so it would be coming from your front also, so if you can see the garda car with the flashing lights in front of you, then the car coming is in the same line of sight.

Also in his very first post he said that it was three garda cars and an unmarked car that were chasing the speeding car.

Then it became a roadblock that froze and then gave chase.

If four cars were chasing the car and all were moving at speed, then five cars would have had to have gone past the OP not one.

Plus in the first post he was definite that it went through Parteen and then on to the Killaloe road, very hard to say that if he saw nothing coming.

Advertisement