Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In the Noclight: Fruit Crumble

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

trowelled wrote: »
    ...V...

I agree on the purple skittles they are awesome! Can you make a mean skittle vodka? - would you believe i've only tried to do it once, and that was with fey while i was last in ireland. i think you're meant to leave it a lot longer than we left it. it turned out like this...
    Snap438.jpg

it is still known as 'the yeast'.

If you were a flower what would you be? - sunflowers are my favourites, but snapdragons have awesome novelty value... hmmm... sunflowers probably, but snapdragons are a very very close second.

Can I come over to NZ to dance with you? - OMG YES!

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

I agree on the purple skittles they are awesome! Can you make a mean skittle vodka? - would you believe i've only tried to do it once, and that was with fey while i was last in ireland. i think you're meant to leave it a lot longer than we left it. it turned out like this...
    Snap438.jpg

it is still known as 'the yeast'.

We kinda skipped the straining bit... Didn't know you had a photo though!

If you could buy 1 bass, what would it be?

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    ...V...

What pisses you off about society? - where to begin?! one thing i despise is the apathy. not giving a crap about the people beneath you. i hate that.
    another is how so many people complain about the monotony, but never do anything to break it.
    politicians in general, the dishonesty, the broken promises, the dodgy rules/laws etc. the people who have the chance to make a difference, just screwing it up. in nz at the moment, there's a more right wing/conservative govt, and they're closing down/cutting funding for so many community health and education facilities. there's a huge rich/poor divide in nz, and they're just ****ing over the poor in favour of big business. makes me so angry. :mad::(

The world is facing impending doom, pick your team of five to save it! - oh christ, ive no idea. ill get back to this one... (remind me).

Do NZ celebrate Halloween? :pac:
    - nah, not really. they think it's a crap american holiday that's made itself noticed in the mainstream more in recent years. a few do, but not properly. that said, was at an awesome halloween party last year, but that was among the local goths and freaks anyway :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭flying _squirl

Fave Boosh character?

Why?

If you were mistakenly taken to monkey hell and you only had one phone call to get someone to get you out, who would you call?

You know the black bits in bananas, are they tarantulas' eggs?

What was it about that kiwi guy that had you all over him like a flannel?

Did you know that cheese is a type of meat?

...V...

Fave Boosh character? - Milky Joe. failing that, Naboo. he's my soul-dancing-partner.

Why? - because milky joe is awesome, dark, a thinker, and a coconut.
    and naboo cos he dances like me and is just generally awesome and has never turned his back on me.

If you were mistakenly taken to monkey hell and you only had one phone call to get someone to get you out, who would you call? - a boosh character or a real person character? if twas a boosh character, i reckon Sandstorm would help me out most effectively, plus, he owes me a favour. if twas a real life person, im not sure many people i know would be willing to check out monkey hell, but monkeyfudge would almost definitely show up, so i guess from tehre, we could figure out an escape plan (or just sacrifice him to save me ? )

You know the black bits in bananas, are they tarantulas' eggs? - i dont *think* so, but hey, why take that chance?

What was it about that kiwi guy that had you all over him like a flannel? - well, he was all over me like a nun sandwich to start with... ;) but really we were good friends, and could talk to each otehr about all sorts of ****, and have very different but oddly converging histories, which was a bit of a bonding thing. he's a really loving, caring guy and is totally ok with me being me and doing what i want to do, whether he approves or not :D

Did you know that cheese is a type of meat? - vep, that fact was a huge factor in me deciding to go vegan ;)

• Advertisement

What pisses you off about society?

The world is facing impending doom, pick your team of five to save it!

ok, i said i'd come back to the impending doom one, but i would like to take a moment first to have a wee rant about society's treatment of injecting drug users. cos society ****ing suck. just cos a person has taken drugs via a needle instead of snorting/smoking/injesting/drinking/whatever, does not make them ****ing subhuman. it does not mean that they are going to rob/burgle you. it does not mean that they are homeless junkies. it does not mean that you have any ****ing right to treat them like ****. and whatever about normal people and society. i can deal with people in general being dicks, because it is a widely known, acknowledged and accepted fact to me...

but ****ing doctors!!! how ****ing dare they treat IDUs the way they do! how dare they demand that a sick person leave the hospital, just because they disclosed that they have done drugs at some point in their life?! how dare you deny people in pain ****ing painkillers, because you dont deem them able to handle it, or worse, that they're only there cos they're drug seeking?! how can you deny treatment to a sick person based on such a huge ****ing prejudice? no wonder people turn to codeine, morphine, heroin, self medicated, when they are living with chronic pain. and don't get me started on the ****wit doctor who refused to investigate a man because he seemed to be a bit out of it at the time. he had urine tests and his case worker there, who vouched for him that he had been clean for bloody *years*. no. he's just a worthless junkie. guess what? he wasnt 'out of it' because of drugs. it was a huge ****ing brain tumour. and nowhere, find me, anywhere, a research paper that finds a link between using IV drugs and a decreased chance of success at HCV treatment? because there is no link. there is a well documented link between drinking alcohol and decreased success. but if someone says they enjoy a pint once every 2-3 months, do you tell them to come back in 6months time once you've sorted yourself out?! NO! then why do it for IV opiates when there is absolutely no link to decreased success, except for your own small minded prejudices.

/rant.

sorry.

i may have to go back and re-paragraph that one later... im afraid to now in case i start ranting again.

but anyway, world is falling apart, who do i send to save it...?

im really crap at these, due to never having had an interest in superheroes.

bono - let him keep waffling on, and it's always good to have one you can sacrifice .

violet from the incredibles - cos she's got invisibility and a force field, and looks like me. she'll definitely kick ass.

storm from xmen - weather manipulation. awesomeness.

tommy from power rangers - kickass skills, plus awesome zord. (ok ok, he was my first crush :o:P)

earthworm jim - cos he's such a groovy guy.

feylya wrote: »
    We kinda skipped the straining bit... Didn't know you had a photo though!

If you could buy 1 bass, what would it be?

i know nothing about instrument brands etc.

but the bass here looks pretty, so ill have that one.

2_purple_carvins2_opt.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

ok, i said i'd come back to the impending doom one, but i would like to take a moment first to have a wee rant about society's treatment of injecting drug users. cos society ****ing suck. just cos a person has taken drugs via a needle instead of snorting/smoking/injesting/drinking/whatever, does not make them ****ing subhuman. it does not mean that they are going to rob/burgle you. it does not mean that they are homeless junkies. it does not mean that you have any ****ing right to treat them like ****. and whatever about normal people and society. i can deal with people in general being dicks, because it is a widely known, acknowledged and accepted fact to me...

but ****ing doctors!!! how ****ing dare they treat IDUs the way they do! how dare they demand that a sick person leave the hospital, just because they disclosed that they have done drugs at some point in their life?! how dare you deny people in pain ****ing painkillers, because you dont deem them able to handle it, or worse, that they're only there cos they're drug seeking?! how can you deny treatment to a sick person based on such a huge ****ing prejudice? no wonder people turn to codeine, morphine, heroin, self medicated, when they are living with chronic pain. and don't get me started on the ****wit doctor who refused to investigate a man because he seemed to be a bit out of it at the time. he had urine tests and his case worker there, who vouched for him that he had been clean for bloody *years*. no. he's just a worthless junkie. guess what? he wasnt 'out of it' because of drugs. it was a huge ****ing brain tumour. and nowhere, find me, anywhere, a research paper that finds a link between using IV drugs and a decreased chance of success at HCV treatment? because there is no link. there is a well documented link between drinking alcohol and decreased success. but if someone says they enjoy a pint once every 2-3 months, do you tell them to come back in 6months time once you've sorted yourself out?! NO! then why do it for IV opiates when there is absolutely no link to decreased success, except for your own small minded prejudices.

/rant.

sorry.

That's shocking! :eek: The more I hear about NZ the worse it gets! :p And thank you, best answer I've gotten to that question (hang your head in shame the rest of ye!! :mad: :p).

What do you like and dislike about boards?

That's shocking! :eek: The more I hear about NZ the worse it gets! :p
    Ill ignore that bit. ;)
    And thank you, best answer I've gotten to that question (hang your head in shame the rest of ye!! :mad: :p).

haha, ive come close to having similar rants in R&R but just figured it for being too public (specially after the brain tumour guy died :(). i have several other smaller ones about people's reactions to anyone with hep c, which are along the same lines as above, but ill give it a miss for now...
    What do you like and dislike about boards?

i think my favourite thing about it, tbh, is the irish perspective. i love the way there's a forum for just about everything, and the communities that form around those forums. some of the best nights out ive had have been with the noct forum, or the tattoos and piercing one. made some good friends through here, and now it's a link back to home :)

dislike, i think, the strict moderating. i do get why it has to be done, but that doesnt mean i like it :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

Who's your favourite author?

What's your favourite photo that you've taken?

What's your favourite photo that's been taken of you?

Auckland or Wellington?

Have you done a Bungy or Parachute jump?

If not to either, would you?

Winter or summer?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,614 ✭✭✭Toasty113

Who? What? When? Where? Why?
    What the square root of 375?
    Define the word irony!
    Do u haz lolcats?
    A, B, C, D what comes next? Note, Answer does not = E

Whats your favourite colour?
    Whats your favourite band?
    Do 3 rights make a left?

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    ...V...

Who's your favourite author? - probably juliette marrillier or poppy z brite.

What's your favourite photo that you've taken? emmm... have to get back to that one.

What's your favourite photo that's been taken of you? -probably...

IMAG2744.jpg

Auckland or Wellington? - auckland, more gigs up there. but i live down in chch.

Have you done a Bungy or Parachute jump? -yep, skydived.

If not to either, would you? hell yeah! and a white water raft would be awesome.

Winter or summer? used to love spring actually, but since ive moved to nz and started surfing, gotta love the summer. :cool:

Toasty113 wrote: »
    ...V...

Who? What? When? Where? Why? - me, noclight, now, noct forum, cos it's fun

What the square root of 375? - a number i care nothing about.
    Define the word irony! - i like this one... a technique of indicating, as through character or plot development, an intention or attitude opposite to that which is actually or ostensibly stated.
    Do u haz lolcats? - no, i keep mice and they get quite upset when i start letting cats hang around
    A, B, C, D what comes next? Note, Answer does not = E - im gonna reference dewey from malcolm in the middle and say 'A, B, C, D, A, B, C, D'.[/i

Whats your favourite colour? - plum.
    Whats your favourite band? - not got one, but elbow are pretty awesome, and i did travel from nz to ireland and back to see them.
    Do 3 rights make a left? - depends on what angle you turn right at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭RxQueen

whats your favourtie incubus song?

which of there albums do you rather the most?

and a tricky one, whats your least favourtie song of theres?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭KarmaGarda

In Ch'Ch? Do you get bored? :pac: Great looking city, but I found it really quiet myself. Have to agree with Auckland being the better city too. And for white water rafting I highly recommend shotover river near Queenstown. You can do a bungee jump there too (I've noticed my horrific spelling of that in the last post...)

Oh, and awesome photo! It's very odd in a very good way :D

Here's a couple more for you. I need to get a little more inventive. My questions were rubbish compared to others...

What's the wierdest thing you've ever eaten?

Be honest for this one.... Type the first word that comes to you mind right now!

If I gave you a clothes hanger and said "do something inventive or wierd!" what would you do?

• Moderators Posts: 51,751 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

1. Can you speak any foreign languages?? Kiwi not included:p
    2. Live in outerspace or underwater??
    3. Who would you hit in the face with a fish??
    4. If you were a superpowered animal, what animal would you be and what powers would you have??
    5. What is rule #1 in the world according to Froo??
    6. Is there any sort of music that don't care for??
    7. Sunset or sunrise??
    8. 3 favourite elbow songs??:D
    9. Do you have a favourite painter??

If you can read this, you're too close!

emo!! wrote: »
    ...V...

whats your favourtie incubus song? - ooh, that's a toughy. i've always said sick sad little world would be my desert island song, but wish you were here is probably my funeral song too. i love em both.

which of there albums do you rather the most? - possibly morning view, cos it's just so chilled out. totally post-surf music.

and a tricky one, whats your least favourtie song of theres? - dig. stupid exboyfriend. prat. he loved it. consequently, it now makes me all squirmy and vaguely disgusted with myself.

KarmaGarda wrote: »
    ...V...

In Ch'Ch? Do you get bored? :pac: Great looking city, but I found it really quiet myself. -nah, i love it here. i spend heaps of time surfing,a nd love having the option of n brighton, north beach, sumner or taylor's. spend a good bit of time just chillin, the gardens are nice for that, plus the beach, or rockclimbing, which taylor's is great for, plus indoor rockclimbing at the YMCA plus roaming around the port hills. great punk scene here too.

Have to agree with Auckland being the better city too. - in fairness, chch is the only city ive really been to. was in auckland for the first tmie for a weekend there a couple weeks back for a NOFX gig.

And for white water rafting I highly recommend shotover river near Queenstown. You can do a bungee jump there too (I've noticed my horrific spelling of that in the last post...) -yeah, it's on the list of thigns to do, but you might have noticed that teh kiwi dollar isnt the greatest, and i only work about min wage three days a week, so even the thought of queenstown makes my wallet shudder, let alone the white water rafting.

Oh, and awesome photo! It's very odd in a very good way :D - thanks, it's from electric picnic 08.

What's the wierdest thing you've ever eaten? - probably squid. it was ****ing awful, too.

Be honest for this one.... Type the first word that comes to you mind right now! - cranky. havent had my glasses for 5 days now and my eyes are so stressed out. gotta squint to see the computer and im very very cranky at this point.

If I gave you a clothes hanger and said "do something inventive or wierd!" what would you do? - probably try to make a wire man surfing out of it.

koth wrote: »
    ...V...

1. Can you speak any foreign languages?? Kiwi not included:p - not really. can speak pretty good irish, basic french, and very very crap maori. well, i can count and name most of the body parts and say a few short sentences in maori, and that's about it. and a few songs.
    2. Live in outerspace or underwater?? -under the sea! under the sea! down where it's wetter, down where it's better, take it from me!
    3. Who would you hit in the face with a fish?? - withnail
    4. If you were a superpowered animal, what animal would you be and what powers would you have?? - turtle, and ability to talk and walk on hind legs as necessary. (ok, so i just want to surf as a turtle).
    5. What is rule #1 in the world according to Froo?? - if you move like a jellyfish, rhythm dont mean nothing, you go with the flow you don't stop
    6. Is there any sort of music that don't care for?? - modern gangsta rap in general doesnt really do it for me. there's a lot of awesome rap and hiphop out tehre, but the stuff in teh charts is mostly crap.
    7. Sunset or sunrise?? - depends. usually sunrise, but one of my favourite surfing memories is watching the sun set behind cave rock, and seeing the sky change all these different colours, reflecting on the waves, which were real smooth, and as the waves were breaking, you could see the spray turn from white to orange in teh sun, and this little rainbow prisms. twas beautiful.[/i]

8. 3 favourite elbow songs??:D - that's meeeeean!
    Snooks (progress report)
    Leaders of the Free World
    Red

9. Do you have a favourite painter?? - actually, the painter i love most at the moment is a friend of mine. 99% of his paintings include the ocean, and/or someone surfing, but they're often surreal kinda colours, very very simplistic lines, bright colours, exaggerated spirals for waves. very talented dude. ill secretly stick a pic of his painting up when i get my camera back. arg! boss in! gtg, brb

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 29,509 Mod ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Lol, who changed the title? :D

• Advertisement

Lol, who changed the title? :D

that's been there since really really really really early on! hasn't it?

we're referring to teh fruit crumble thing,r ight?

• Registered Users Posts: 44,080 ✭✭✭✭Micky Dolenz

Do you think there is only one true love out there for you, or 100's or thousands? Bascailly how many people do you think you could truely love and they to love you?

whats your favorite cheese?

I like that you like surfing, I love it. When you are on the water, are you not only thinking about the next wave? mostly.

Do you have any pets?

...V...

Do you think there is only one true love out there for you, or 100's or thousands? Bascailly how many people do you think you could truely love and they to love you? - i don't know. i think there's more than one, but i think the more you've loved, the more you have to lose, so it's a lot harder to let yourself fall in love again and again. sometimes things dont work out cos they were just never meant to be, others, because both parties just couldnt/didnt put teh effort in when it was needed.

whats your favorite cheese? - dont really like it actually. though subway's egg and swiss cheese roll on honey grain bread was always awesome. one of the things im gonna really miss as a vegan.

I like that you like surfing, I love it. When you are on the water, are you not only thinking about the next wave? mostly. - depends. sometimes being out in the water is everything about catching the next wave, and that's all im thinking about. sometimes im really focussing on my technique and balancing my body perfectly on the board to get that sweet spot. other times ill have songs stuck in my head that ill often end up singing out loud if it's not too crowded out. others im going over the day's events and trying to make sense of everything. it varies heaps. sometimes ill go out with friends and it's all about just having a laugh, and helping them to learn to stand up and stuff, and encouraging them. no matter waht though, ill always come in with a real chilled out mellow mood and thinking in a positive way.

Do you have any pets? - four mice - Mrs. Doyle (black), Nanatoo (grey), Claddagh (black) and Little White Bastard (albino).

1. since you're at beaches pretty often, when was the last time you built a sandcastle??:P
    2. do you know how to drive a car??
    3. what would you say are differences between the kiwis and the irish??
    4. And what are the similarities??
    5. what advice would you give to someone who was going to move to another country??
    6. does NZ have any native people (like the aborigines in Australia;))??
    7. last movie you saw in cinema??

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

1) why are you a veggie? (taste reasons? or "omg don't hurt the widdle animal" reasons?)
    2) If you could be one person for a day, who would it be and why?
    3) Favourite Drink? (alcoholic and otherwise)
    4) If all the variables were the same (family, job, house, money etc) where would you prefer to live, kiwiland or ireland?
    5) Beavis or Butthead (had to do it :p )
    6) Best Gig (music) you have ever been to?
    7) Favourite mighty boosh song and why?

...V...

1. since you're at beaches pretty often, when was the last time you built a sandcastle??:P last saturday, in the sandpit actually, with my almost 2 year old niece.
    2. do you know how to drive a car?? - Haha! i got my eyes checked yesterday, was just talking to my fella about it, said they were worried about my peripheral vision. my fella 'what ****ing peripheral vision?! he then made reference to my obliviousness to other people when im driving the trolley in the supermarket and concluded with the fact that he's bloody glad i can't drive. so to answer your question, no. and i dont intend learning too soon either.
    3. what would you say are differences between the kiwis and the irish?? - hmmm... quite similar really. this is the first country i've spent more than a week in without wanting to go home. sense of humour in general can be a bit cruder than the average sense of humour back home. quite a lot of my comments (witticisms?) tend to go straight over people's heads here (or worse, people get offended) where at home they woulda been picked up straight away 99% of the time. people here with regard religion tend to be more extreme. actually, with most things. gangs particularly. scary gang culture here.
    4. And what are the similarities?? great sense of humours, love their piss.
    5. what advice would you give to someone who was going to move to another country?? - gotta put yourself out there. i read somewehre on boards that making friends as an adult is like dating as a teenager. gotta just prepare yourself for rejection, and hope for the best. the hardest part for me was being so happy with my home and my friends and my job and everything,a nd leaving it all behind. so far behind.
    6. does NZ have any native people (like the aborigines in Australia;))?? - joking right? the Maoris? haka, moku, mean anything?
    7. last movie you saw in cinema?? withnail and i in the cinema while i was back home last summer.

joking right? the Maoris? haka, moku, mean anything?
    Thats an embarrasing one, for some reason I blanked on that:o:o

...V...

1) why are you a veggie? (taste reasons? or "omg don't hurt the widdle animal" reasons?) - first decided to go veggie after seeing a documentary on battery farming. thought it was really really fcuked up. decided i was only gonna eat free range meat. thennn discovered i couldnt afford free range meat. so, i had a lot of eating/food issues at that point, and i decided to challenge myself by trying out vegetarianism, and forcing myself to try new foods, and healthify my diet. was never a big meat eater anyway, the only meat i did eat was the stuff you can guarantee was absolutely worst for me, and the animal had been treated pretty badly. from there, i kinda just got more into it, and have done a good bit of reading and learning about animal rights and that, and to me, it just doesnt sit right with me, and i dont want to have a part in it. [/i]

2) If you could be one person for a day, who would it be and why? - gerry lopez. aka Mr. Pipeline. he's a famous, pioneering surfer who is just the most mellow, chilled out, happy person ive ever seen, and has this awesome surfing style. he's not really big into big airs and fast shortboard stuff, he just loves riding the tube, and i would kill to ride some of the tubes he does.

3) Favourite Drink? (alcoholic and otherwise) -double JD coke, no ice please :)

4) If all the variables were the same (family, job, house, money etc) where would you prefer to live, kiwiland or ireland? -i think i may actually pick kiwiland. because the weather is more consistently nice, and i can has surf. ive thought about it, and if i was to move back to ireland, the reason would be to be with my friends/family. but, my hometown is nowhere near anywehre you can surf, so i'd have to live on the westcoast or something. which is nowhere near my home, and therefore, quite pointless. so i think i might have to pick antichristchurch.

5) Beavis or Butthead (had to do it :p )
    this is the bit where i wince and admit that i've never actually seen it and dont know the difference between the two. *cringe*

6) Best Gig (music) you have ever been to? - can't pick one. all so special in their own ways. musically, i think the metallica one where they played the whole puppets album, and no leaf clover and wherever i may roam was spectacularly awesome. from a crowd/atmosphere perspective, NOFX, muse and velvet revolver have been some of the most awesome crowds ive been in, for just being with other people who ****ing love the music and *want* to be there and are just loving every moment. from a personal memory perspective, elbow at electric picnic where guy garvey named me and pointed me out in the crowd, dedicated a song to me, got the crowd to cheer for me and shook my hand and kissed it was pretty ****ing amazing.

7) Favourite mighty boosh song and why? - i probably change my answer every time im asked this... but right now, i'd say Tundra. it's got that 'boosh boosh, stronger than a moose' line in it. plus the human coke outfit. plus the little dance vince does, plus i ended up naming my mouse after it.

Thats an embarrasing one, for some reason I blanked on that:o:o

twas even you who asked if i knew any foreign languages and i said i knew a tiny bit of maori!

• Advertisement

twas even you who asked if i knew any foreign languages and i said i knew a tiny bit of maori!

The dot-joining part of my brain seems to be on strike this morning, and thought that Maori-land was a country:p

1. do you prefer bread toasted on both sides or just on one side??
    2. favourite type of food (chinese, italian etc.)
    3. have you ever tried any other water-related sports/hobbies?? kayaking/scuba-diving for example.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement