Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New BMW Pricing Released

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

How is the spec though?

Have they upspec'd like Audi?

I must say I would like a 3 Series M or a Audi A4 S-line so now there is not much between them.

Tough times ahead Chris for those who went for Audi on Spec and away from BMW on price.

EDIT There is only 4580 between the 320d and the 520d M Sport. Small difference really considering the gap between an A4 and an A6 S-Line €6200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

It seems like, the longer you wait the cheaper cars get!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,157 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I'd feel pretty gutted though if I had bought a new one this year.

bazz26 wrote: »
    I'd feel pretty gutted though if I had bought a new one this year.

Same argument on the Audi price list thread.

Terrible shame. Thank yourself that you didn't buy a Porsche. They dropped by around €25k!!! :eek:

That's the problem with this race to the bottom - if you bought a 3-Series coupe or 5 -Series earlier this year, you lost €6k at lunchtime today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,661 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I've been looking at beamers lately, even considering buying one with the fuel of the devil, a 320d, but I'm put off by how common they are. They're everywhere you look now. I passed three cars waiting to turn into a housing estate near home yesterday and they were all 3-series. It's such a cliche - a 3/4-bed semi in the 'burbs and a 3-series. With those prices, I could probably stretch to a new one. How much more common will they be now?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

I feel poorer already! In fairness any BMW owners including myself shouldn't feel too bad given it's the cost to change that's important.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

Between AUDI and BMW price drops we are assured of a future with more cocks on the road. :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tipsy Mac

Lads I think current owners who change every year should see this as bad news, for every other owner its great news, in 2 or 3 years time the new car they are trading too will be cheaper and the depreciation on their own is minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,462 ✭✭✭TheBazman

Looks like there are some chunky changes. M3 coupe 96k - this must be at least 15k lower.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 135 ✭✭O7Pat

anyone know what "highline" adds.

It gives an explanation for business edition (which seems a good option for the price) but I can't see one for highline.

M5 was 156K

Now

:eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

-Chris- wrote: »
    http://www.bmw.ie/ie/en/insights/news/BMW_Pricelist_2010.html

3-Series from €32k
    3-Series Coupe from €40k
    5-Series from €40k

I'm not a BMW fan, but you gotta say these prices are pretty damn sharp...

Any takers?

but when you look at the OTR prices, they start at 33,500 euro.
    nice prices though, the 123d looks interesting :cool:

But all those OTR prices are pre-negotiation, so they're not accurate either... :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

It'll be interesting to see what the big players like Ford, Toyota and Opel do in response...Avensis €26k, 3 Series €32k... it'd make you think twice. Accord €32.5k, 3 Series €32k I think the Renault "scrappage prices" are going to have to become list prices and the same across the market.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Great, 8k instantly wiped off the value of my car, cheers BMW for that, signed your loyal customer.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

I thought the BMW M3 was now 130,000 big ones due to VRT changes? So post drop that's a 36,000 reduction?

Great, 8k instantly wiped off the value of my car, cheers BMW for that, signed your loyal customer.

ouch.. :eek:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 38,571 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

-Chris- wrote: »
    But all those OTR prices are pre-negotiation, so they're not accurate either... :p

cool, thanks Chris :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Good god , that's cheap.

My exisiting 3 series was paid off 2 weeks ago, why oh why did I open this thread.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

730d is also 22k cheaper. Serious drops.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Lads the X1 18d SE is coming in at under €34k!

I suspect that will be a success, a soft roader(Just like an X5 loike!:)) BMW for under 34k! thats nearly within reach of your average Cashcow buyer!:eek:

The nearly identical in size X3 18d SE is nearly 10k€ more and is 2 bands higher for road tax!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,456 ✭✭✭✭Mr Benevolent

I've been looking at beamers lately, even considering buying one with the fuel of the devil, a 320d, but I'm put off by how common they are. They're everywhere you look now. I passed three cars waiting to turn into a housing estate near home yesterday and they were all 3-series. It's such a cliche - a 3/4-bed semi in the 'burbs and a 3-series. With those prices, I could probably stretch to a new one. How much more common will they be now?

Uh, that's because they're not a status symbol any more. If you want exclusivity your budget will have stretch to an M6 I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Do you think this will effect 2nd hand BMW's that are 6-8 years old?

I'm looking at a 2002 520i..... could you use this as a bargaining tool?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,017 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There should be a ripple effect alright

• Registered Users Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Zonda999 wrote: »

Lads the X1 18d SE is coming in at under €34k!

I suspect that will be a success, a soft roader(Just like an X5 loike!:)) BMW for under 34k! thats nearly within reach of your average Cashcow buyer!:eek:

The nearly identical in size X3 18d SE is nearly 10k€ more and is 2 bands higher for road tax!

Yeah, but would ya? It's a horrid looking thing!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,513 ✭✭✭✭vectra

118D Sport Coupe coming in at under 30k :eek:
    Tempting :D

• Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

interesting on that list that the emissions on a 325i auto have gone up putting it into the €630 tax band and I guess into the higher VRT band now too. Unusual.

Otherwise its good to see prices come down, still not really competitive with bringing in a 6-12 month old model from UK though.

The X1 is a good deal imo, they are really nice in the flesh, it's just a bigish hatchback, think of it like that and it's competitive. Would imagine we will see a lot of them on the road at that kind of price

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Yeah, but would ya? It's a horrid looking thing!

Would I, certainly not no, but i imagine loads of people would. It is probably as practical as a 3 series after all

Wouldnt call it a horrid looking thing either tbh, Its a hell of a lot better than the X3 anyway dont you think?

Coming back to the status symbol thing mentioned earlier in the thread, i think for around that budget this would, in many people's eyes(I'm talking about people who dont have a clue about cars but would love a bmw) be a better status symbol than a 3 series saloon
    copacetic wrote: »

The X1 is a good deal imo, they are really nice in the flesh, it's just a bigish hatchback, think of it like that and it's competitive. Would imagine we will see a lot of them on the road at that kind of price

Would like to see what an actual 34k€ one looks like though, I imagine there'd only be 16" rims on it. It certainly looks alright with 19's or whatever on it

EDIT: Had a look on the car configurator on bmw.ie and turns there are 17" rims as as standard with it costing about 800€ minimum to upgrade to 18's

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,567 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Would I, certainly not no, but i imagine loads of people would. It is probably as practical as a 3 series after all

Wouldnt call it a horrid looking thing either tbh, Its a hell of a lot better than the X3 anyway dont you think?

Coming back to the status symbol thing mentioned earlier in the thread, i think for around that budget this would, in many people's eyes(I'm talking about people who dont have a clue about cars but would love a bmw) be a better status symbol than a 3 series saloon

Would like to see what an actual 34k€ one looks like though, I imagine there'd only be 16" rims on it. It certainly looks alright with 19's or whatever on it

EDIT: Had a look on the car configurator on bmw.ie and turns there are 17" rims as as standard with it costing about 800€ minimum to upgrade to 18's

yep, 17s are standard on the SE. 34 for a manual 1.8d is a good starting price, but would imagine 40k is a better price to compare against as that would be either a 2.0d or a 1.8d specd decently with the comfort and design packages and metallic. Thats a good spec though.

Advertisement